Closed Thread

Reload Thread: hey newbie arriving

todd131 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey newbie arriving

Hi! my name is todd. i live in philly. i have a 1996 nissan hardbody i am refinishing and a 2001 nissan maxima. i am upgrading the systems in both vehicles and have some great ideas on what i want to do.

i'll admit it's been a long time since i had a kickin' system in my vehicle. i am 39 now and it's time to get back to this hobby we share. of course i have installed new head units in my vehicles and friends vehicles recently however, i have not 'built' a system from the ground up for almost 18 years. i am ready to again.

my motivation is i am a sales rep and need in dash navigation in my maxima. so i purchased a sony 660bt for that vehicle with the HD radio and Sirius radio components, all sitting in boxes in my living room. that is where it started back up. once i decided on this unit of course i realized that <1>the power output would not be sufficient <2> my blose sub is blown <3> i'll need new speakers....hence my second venture into high end car audio.

i am a live music audio archivist and complete fanatic and a biochemist. i am a nerd with a 125 gallon fish tank full of discus fish.

i have been fishing around these parts for a few weeks now and finally decided it was time to activate a membership and start purchasing some of the gear i need from you. :o)

nice to 'meet' you.

todd

token1er is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Re: hey newbie arriving

welcome to CA.com

Ca & Caco Refs: its_bacon12, acex3a, boilermaker-744, howyadoin, Ajax_6154, Pro-Rabbit, jr711, Starky, Ledoux289, AKHeathen, Dirtrider4eva, mast240, gumby688

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Re: hey newbie arriving

Welcome back TODD!!!! I am fairly new myself on here.Great choice,as there are some excellent opinions/answers to help make your decisions here,as I have encountered...I am 42,and enjoy old school amps,and am currently within the works of a new self install...Enjoy!

Closed Thread