Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Noob here with '11 WRX

minjae is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Noob here with '11 WRX

Hey guys,

Was sent towards here to learn more about audio and what not. I honestly don't really know much at all.

I had an '06 MINI Cooper S with the upgraded harmon kardon with a pioneer headunit.
    It wasn't the best but I loved it. It sounded awesome. Base hit pretty well too.

But now..sold it and bought an '11 WRX. and the stock speakers are no good.
    I'm not looking to spend an arm and a leg, but about $300 at the most. Less, then even better!

I want to keep the stock headunit, (I know if i upgrade it'll sound that much better) but I'd like to just add an amp and upgrade the speakers. mainly just the front.

I have absolutely no clue about what's good and what's not. So I was hoping you guys would be able to share some insight on what I should get.

From what I've been reading on the forums (wrx) was one guy said to get 2way 6.5 components (pioneer or whichever company), rockford fosgate 360, 2 channel 150 watt amp

Looked them up on amazon (I love amazon..usually) and all together it was about $270 more or less.
    Is there anything else I need? Such as, what kinds of wires, any different connectors?
    Will everything be plug and play?
    I'd like to put the amp under my seat.

Sorry for the long post, hopefully there's people willing to answer my question(s), along with welcoming me to this community =]

Thanks a ton in advanced!

AlterEgo99 is offline Streaming consciousness

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Re: Noob here with '11 WRX

Welcome to Hell.

Eddie Izzard: Squirrels always eat nuts with two hands, always two hands, "arararar", and occasionally, they stop and go...oh, uh, ah, as if they're going, "Did I leave the gas on? No! No, I'm a fucking squirrel!"

Closed Thread