Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Reload Thread: And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

  1. #1
    Moody_Moodz's Avatar
    Moody_Moodz is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

    Greetings and salutations from Jacksonville, Fl. The Name is Justin M. I have been out of the car stereo game for sometime but earlier this year I was bit by the bug for the deep bass and I have been putting my system together ever since. I have a '03 Cadillac Deville (DTS w/ the Bose system.)

    I call it my "Frankenstein" system because unless I have had to, I have been using used parts I have brought off of friends, family & Craigslist. So far I have a JL Audio 12w6v2 in a sealed box powered by a Kenwood KAC-8104D. Right now it is all run off the factory deck. I am looking to add a Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT for the head unit.. and Replace my factory speakers with some Kenwood component speakers & power them with a Kenwood Kac-8405.

    I like bass but I have never liked it to the point that it over powered my car.. My goal is for my car to sound like my pair of Dre Beats headphones.

    I look forward to seeing your ideas and seeing the conversation that are ahead...







  2. #2
    09civic's Avatar
    09civic is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    6,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

    Re: And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

    Quote Originally Posted by Moody_Moodz View Post
    Greetings and salutations from Jacksonville, Fl. The Name is Justin M. I have been out of the car stereo game for sometime but earlier this year I was bit by the bug for the deep bass and I have been putting my system together ever since. I have a '03 Cadillac Deville (DTS w/ the Bose system.)

    I call it my "Frankenstein" system because unless I have had to, I have been using used parts I have brought off of friends, family & Craigslist. So far I have a JL Audio 12w6v2 in a sealed box powered by a Kenwood KAC-8104D. Right now it is all run off the factory deck. I am looking to add a Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT for the head unit.. and Replace my factory speakers with some Kenwood component speakers & power them with a Kenwood Kac-8405.

    I like bass but I have never liked it to the point that it over powered my car.. My goal is for my car to sound like my pair of Dre Beats headphones.

    I look forward to seeing your ideas and seeing the conversation that are ahead...
    sig'd




  3. #3
    Moody_Moodz's Avatar
    Moody_Moodz is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

    Quote Originally Posted by Moody_Moodz View Post
    My goal is for my car to sound like my pair of Dre Beats headphones.
    And I thought I was the only person that thought like that... I would have said my Skullcandy's but I just got a new pair of Beats and man they are awesome.




  4. #4
    dumple's Avatar
    dumple is online now What's in your trunk?



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

    hes making fun of you



    Pioneer Appradio 3
    JBL ms8, JBL MS-A5001
    PHD Studio neo 6.5s, PHD fb 1.1b
    Cdt m6+
    TC Sounds Epic 10
    cream jean of sound 8======D~
    refs: Lil_KB, jesusbasscadill, Crzy, Wkbdkid, bigwheel15, groggy23, kenbei, Belunt (awesomebox), Nissan, shallowfu, jonnybusa, alxmlr789, pioneerpimp, peas247, ravens9322, sundownz, audiobahnuser18, [email]nbesaw2@new.rr, jared530, brenTgrillzem, Revrider1

  5. #5
    Moody_Moodz's Avatar
    Moody_Moodz is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

    Quote Originally Posted by dumple View Post
    hes making fun of you
    If he is.. then he must have never heard a pair of Dre Beat's headphones..But checking his age.. I am sure it may take a while for his parents save up and buy him a pair...




  6. #6
    Kangaroux's Avatar
    Kangaroux is online now I put on



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

    Re: And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

    Quote Originally Posted by Moody_Moodz View Post
    If he is.. then he must have never heard a pair of Dre Beat's headphones..But checking his age.. I am sure it may take a while for his parents save up and buy him a pair...
    We've heard of them and they are overrated and overpriced. Just a bunch of hype




  7. #7
    Moody_Moodz's Avatar
    Moody_Moodz is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroux View Post
    We've heard of them and they are overrated and overpriced. Just a bunch of hype
    Compared to what other headphones?




  8. #8
    ace_800's Avatar
    ace_800 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

    Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, Shure



    Current set up: Island bombed out 92 mazda 626. Stock rust bucket

    66 Pontiac GTO, modified stock radio, Crossfire CFA 302, Kicker KS6.2's in the front kicks, Crossfire CFA 452 for the 6x9's I need.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Re: And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

    Quote Originally Posted by Moody_Moodz View Post
    Compared to what other headphones?
    Compared to every headphone. Even the most expensive Beats by Dre headphones sound no better than a pair of $40 Sony XB500 headphones. I'll admit, the average consumer either doesn't know how bad they are, or rather can't comprehend that they're bad(not necessarily your fault -- you just must not be accustomed to hi-fi). That's why companies like Bose, Skullcandy, and Beats by Dre are so big. They're good at marketing.




    Quote Originally Posted by globalminds_ent View Post
    people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    you dont even got no swag anyway


  10. Thanks Random1010 thanked for this post
  11. #10
    Bumpin' Goalie's Avatar
    Bumpin' Goalie is offline Magic 8 Ball



    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TN & Travel
    Posts
    3,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

    To each their own. Sometimes...



    System Layout help available via PM.

    My system:
    Sounds good.

  12. #11
    wickedwitt's Avatar
    wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    2,984
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

    Re: And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

    I'm a fan of my EB141s, anyone wanna sig that?



    Stupid Loud.

  13. #12
    Moody_Moodz's Avatar
    Moody_Moodz is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterDeadeye View Post
    Compared to every headphone. Even the most expensive Beats by Dre headphones sound no better than a pair of $40 Sony XB500 headphones. I'll admit, the average consumer either doesn't know how bad they are, or rather can't comprehend that they're bad(not necessarily your fault -- you just must not be accustomed to hi-fi). That's why companies like Bose, Skullcandy, and Beats by Dre are so big. They're good at marketing.
    Maybe it my ears.. I have bought the $50 Sony XB500 headphones, I have bought the $100 Bose IE2 audio headphones, I have bought the $80 Skullcandy SCS-SCBP and I have a pair of iBeats Headphones. I travel a lot and I can say I have worn each of these for well or 24hrs at one point of and I can actually hear a difference.

    All I am saying is I hear so many negative comments but no one is willing to back up their statements... If you stick it out don't be afraid to get it cut off. Good words to live by.. write that down.
    Last edited by Moody_Moodz; 07-19-2011 at 05:04 PM.




  14. #13
    AlterEgo99's Avatar
    AlterEgo99 is offline Streaming consciousness



    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Domie Homie
    Posts
    12,533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

    Welcome to Hell.





    Eddie Izzard: Squirrels always eat nuts with two hands, always two hands, "arararar", and occasionally, they stop and go...oh, uh, ah, as if they're going, "Did I leave the gas on? No! No, I'm a fucking squirrel!"

  15. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Re: And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

    Quote Originally Posted by Moody_Moodz View Post
    All I am saying is I hear so many negative comments but no one is willing to back up their statements... If you stick it out don't be afraid to get it cut off. Good words to live by.. write that down.
    I don't understand why you've got this attitude. No one's trying to hurt your feelings. Beats by Dre are overpriced garbage -- simple as that. In your opinion, they're great. That's awesome, but don't expect everyone else to feel the same as you. For most of us, Beats by Dre aren't worth their huge price tag. How do you expect us to back up our statements? We've already got empirical evidence. I've heard all of the ones they had at Best Buy. They didn't sound awful, but they definitely weren't worth more than $60-70(this is compared to other, well established, good sounding headphones).

    As for the other headphones you mentioned, the XB500's are only good if you like a lot of bass in your headphones. I don't really think I need to say anything about Bose. They've been doing the same thing for years, and any unaware consumer will see "Bose" and instantly pay their insane price tag because they "know" it's going to be quality -- but it's usually not. Finally, are those Skullcandy headphones the "subwoofer" ones? With the inline amplifier dongle? Yeah. Those are bad too. If you want to listen to nothing but muddy bass, then I guess they're a good choice.

    So, all in all, I'm going back to what I said -- Beats by Dre aren't good headphones if you've heard headphones that are good. It is most definitely your ears, and possibly your wallet, that's making you think they sound good.




    Quote Originally Posted by globalminds_ent View Post
    people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    you dont even got no swag anyway


  16. #15
    Linkz's Avatar
    Linkz is offline Low Bass Junkie



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

    I would say get a ported box designed and built for you. That would be the cheapest way to gain some volume on the lower notes.

    2.5cuft@32hz seems like a good place to start (for 500wrms). lots of output below 45hz...



    My feedback thread [scammers in red]
    bought from: fatboyracing, Pottro 563, Max Power, JHughes, TeamSouthrnBass, stupify

    04 Ford Explorer
    System:
    HU: AVH-P4100
    Sub: Omega 18" D1 (9.5cuft@34hz)
    Sub amp - PA BAMF5500/1D (something new soon)
    Highs/Mids - 9.2/9.4 (not installed)

    WTB: Omega 18" D1 (Pst offer)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum