Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Just a car audio fan looking to learn!

Bravesfan09 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just a car audio fan looking to learn!

Hey guys and girls, my name is Tony. I'm brand new to this site, although I've surfed it a few times over the past few months. Not really sure where to start out on here, but would love to have some advice on this whole forum thing. (New to posting on forums as well lol.) Currently looking to build my own box for my 12 in Kicker CVX. Wanting to tune it to either 32-34 hz but really have no clue where to begin. I'll stop here and let the experts take it away!

subzero is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    338 Post(s)

Re: Just a car audio fan looking to learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravesfan09 View Post
    Hey guys and girls, my name is Tony. I'm brand new to this site, although I've surfed it a few times over the past few months. Not really sure where to start out on here, but would love to have some advice on this whole forum thing. (New to posting on forums as well lol.) Currently looking to build my own box for my 12 in Kicker CVX. Wanting to tune it to either 32-34 hz but really have no clue where to begin. I'll stop here and let the experts take it away!
    Welcome to the machine. Go to the Enclosure Design & Construction Help and post. Tell them you need plans. they might do it for free. The forums here can get wild and rude, but it is all good. Dont play to the but hurt syndrome.

What are you looking to gain from your stereo listening experience?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alright I will make sure to check that section out. And honestly I'm just looking for a nice daily driver that'll pound out some deep, low bass but still be reasonably clean as I listen to all types of music. I don't have much experience with installs of any type. I had 2 rf p1's in a ported box for a couple years. Finally decided to upgrade a bit and save some trunk space by going with the single 12. I'm not too worried about the forums getting out of hand, I'm a big boy I can surely handle myself lol. And we're all here for the same reason essentially, so I'm sure it's all in good fun!

subzero is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    338 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bravesfan09 View Post
    Alright I will make sure to check that section out. And honestly I'm just looking for a nice daily driver that'll pound out some deep, low bass but still be reasonably clean as I listen to all types of music. I don't have much experience with installs of any type. I had 2 rf p1's in a ported box for a couple years. Finally decided to upgrade a bit and save some trunk space by going with the single 12. I'm not too worried about the forums getting out of hand, I'm a big boy I can surely handle myself lol. And we're all here for the same reason essentially, so I'm sure it's all in good fun!
    Think about how much you want to spend, then tripple it. cuz that is how much you will actually spend. then in a year you can tripple that #.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll have to find a better means of income before I can start dropping cash to really satisfy my audio dreams lol. But for now, I'll be content with what I have and try to make it the best it can be. Also I'm thinking of scrapping this setup completely, trying to sell it quickly and breaking even if possible. But I've been looking around and I'm highly interested in both the 12in FI Q and Audioque HDC3. Any personal experience or thoughts of either of those subs?

AlterEgo99 is offline Streaming consciousness

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Welcome to Hell.

Eddie Izzard: Squirrels always eat nuts with two hands, always two hands, "arararar", and occasionally, they stop and go...oh, uh, ah, as if they're going, "Did I leave the gas on? No! No, I'm a fucking squirrel!"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lmfao, if this is hell... Heaven must be amazing.

Closed Thread

User Tag List