Closed Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Reload Thread: Advice/Recommendations for a newb

  1. #1
    BornOfInsanity's Avatar
    BornOfInsanity is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cave Creek
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Advice/Recommendations for a newb

    Hey guys,

    Figured I will kill 2 birds with 1 stone by posting my introduction and some questions. I am pretty much new to this whole car audio scene and have some limited knowledge. I would greatly appreciate any advice/recommendations you have for my future system.

    This is everything I plan on buying for my system, I have a 2007 Nissan Altima btw:

    Pioneer AVH P4300DVD Headunit

    JL C5-525 components(front doors)

    JL C2-690tx 6x9(rear deck)

    Kicker Solo-Baric L7 DVC 12's(2)

    Rockford mono amp T1500-1BDCP

    Rockford 4chan amp R300.4

    Basically I want to know if this is going to be a good setup...

    Im trying to get a great sounding system(no clipping, distortion ect.) with some bump in the trunk. Do you recommend anything thing else I should get or shouldnt get?
    Also I have the option to put some speakers in the rear doors..is it worth it? if so, should I put another set of components? 2ways/3ways?

    Sorry for so many questions, I tried doing as much research as possible..but I figured its time to ask the experts. Any help will be great, Thanks!







  2. #2
    Bettr n' Revrse's Avatar
    Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    16,860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2341 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Recommendations for a newb

    Quote Originally Posted by BornOfInsanity View Post
    Hey guys,

    Figured I will kill 2 birds with 1 stone by posting my introduction and some questions. I am pretty much new to this whole car audio scene and have some limited knowledge. I would greatly appreciate any advice/recommendations you have for my future system.

    This is everything I plan on buying for my system, I have a 2007 Nissan Altima btw:

    Pioneer AVH P4300DVD Headunit

    JL C5-525 components(front doors)

    JL C2-690tx 6x9(rear deck)

    Kicker Solo-Baric L7 DVC 12's(2)

    Rockford mono amp T1500-1BDCP

    Rockford 4chan amp R300.4

    Basically I want to know if this is going to be a good setup...

    Im trying to get a great sounding system(no clipping, distortion ect.) with some bump in the trunk. Do you recommend anything thing else I should get or shouldnt get?
    Also I have the option to put some speakers in the rear doors..is it worth it? if so, should I put another set of components? 2ways/3ways?

    Sorry for so many questions, I tried doing as much research as possible..but I figured its time to ask the experts. Any help will be great, Thanks!
    Your whole system lol...




    Western Rep.

    99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

  3. #3
    BornOfInsanity's Avatar
    BornOfInsanity is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cave Creek
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Recommendations for a newb

    Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    Your whole system lol...
    is it really bad? lol see i dont know..what brands do you recommend for me to look at?




  4. #4
    Bettr n' Revrse's Avatar
    Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    16,860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2341 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Recommendations for a newb

    Not horrible stuff but way way better can be had for the price... you where probably gunna pay what, almost 2000 grand for that stuff once you got all the install gear you needed?




    Western Rep.

    99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

  5. #5
    BornOfInsanity's Avatar
    BornOfInsanity is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cave Creek
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Recommendations for a newb

    Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    Not horrible stuff but way way better can be had for the price... you where probably gunna pay what, almost 2000 grand for that stuff once you got all the install gear you needed?
    Yea it would have been around 2k...Can you please recommend some stuff for me. I've been searching for like 3 weeks and I honestly thought this would have been a good setup




  6. #6
    Bettr n' Revrse's Avatar
    Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    16,860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2341 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Recommendations for a newb

    All newbs do lol... Hell I thought Kicker and Rockford was the sh*t too at one point... Check out Sundown, DC, FI, DD, Skar, AQ, and Im sure Ill think of more soon... You need to budget for electrical upgrades as well... I also have a 4ch. and some comps if your interested?




    Western Rep.

    99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

  7. #7
    sacsking916's Avatar
    sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud



    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    emerald triangle..home of da trees
    Posts
    6,428
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    323 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Recommendations for a newb

    my kicker stuff is still the sh*t




    TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

  8. #8
    Bettr n' Revrse's Avatar
    Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    16,860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2341 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Recommendations for a newb

    Cuz its got an X on it lol




    Western Rep.

    99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

  9. #9
    BornOfInsanity's Avatar
    BornOfInsanity is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cave Creek
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Recommendations for a newb

    Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    All newbs do lol... Hell I thought Kicker and Rockford was the sh*t too at one point... Check out Sundown, DC, FI, DD, Skar, AQ, and Im sure Ill think of more soon... You need to budget for electrical upgrades as well... I also have a 4ch. and some comps if your interested?
    Ill check out those brands...I was under the impression that rockford made the best amps..since so many ppl seem to think so. Anyways when you talk about electrical upgrades are you refering to batteries, alternators, and big 3? I already have a yellow top optima, im not sure if thats enough. I still have alot of researching before I buy anything right now




  10. #10
    Bettr n' Revrse's Avatar
    Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    16,860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2341 Post(s)

    Re: Advice/Recommendations for a newb

    Not anywhere near the best amps, Nice amps but not anywhere near the best lol... youl will probably need another small batt and do the Big 3... I may also have some 1/0 left over...




    Western Rep.

    99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

Closed Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum