Reload Thread: Just another noob..

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Re: Just another noob..

Quote Originally Posted by SupaFreak2005 View Post
    yeps, I've read a fair amount from bcae1.com
    Question though, because I have lots of tid-bits to find out, do I create one thread with my system as I go along and ask questions there. Or should I ask the questions as I go along in the related sections of the forum in specific threads?
    We are fairly lenient on where you post your questions in the tech section, so long as you aren't doing something obviously wrong like posting a thread on headunits in the subwoofer section. And even then, unless it appears you are blatantly ignoring rules, a mod would probably just move your thread to the appropriate section. Look at how you post, what you post, and where you post, as a process of wanting to get the most appropriate attention. You will probably get more replies on a question about subwoofers in the subwoofer section than you would in the general section, for example.

Welcome aboard.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

SupaFreak2005 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sleazebagger View Post
    Trust me, start small and go with quality. Take your time with your build and learn some sht.

You will end up saving a crap load of money doing it right the first time. Don't just throw a bunch of stuff in your car to get it bangin', it'll end up sounding like crap.

Batt, big three, yes!

Save $ and ditch the alt idea. use that $ to buy quality.

Get a good HU, amp, components and learn how to tune. Tuning is not easy.

Then u can think about big power.

Thats just my 2 cents but I know many others will back that.

Also, you can get all this from the right people on here for a good price. fuc ebay and CL
    Well it's a really small car, a 2000 Echo stock is like a 70 amp alt I think, so I think I'll have to change it anyhow.
    And again sorry, I'm new.. what exactly do you mean when you say tune?
    I'm only familiar with tuning (well read about) subwoofers which is related to how to build the enclosure..

SupaFreak2005 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heeltoeclutch View Post
    As far as the amp goes, if you're not afraid of buying used, you can get something much better (unless you're talking old hifonics) on here for the same money. I have two amps from 92', both SQ beasts that I got on the forums. The same quality would've cost at least twice as much new. I'm so happy with them I've never bought a used battery so I can't comment on that, but you can also get used wire here for much cheaper than the same stuff new if you're on a budget.
    Well I'm from outside the US, so I really don't think that'd work out unfortunately. Thanks though, I'll still have a look around.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2