Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Loud horn?

save1999 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Loud horn?

I've seen these before and now I want my own. They're basically horns that are placed outside of your car that can blare deafening music. Now what sets this aside from the average Loud horn or speaker or whatever is that they play music from your mp3 player. Most I find online play 1-3 pre-set songs. My friend told me he got his horns for $10 each at the flea market but surly its not that simply. How would you connect it to your stereo? I don't know. Just need some insight I guess. Btw this will basically be for throwing parties outside, although it should not matter what they will be used for. brand-sneakers

Heeltoeclutch is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Loud horn?

Ummm... pretty sure someone started this exact thread a while ago with the exact same opening line?

Feedback-ness
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/503302-heeltoeclutch-feedback.html

Savstyle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Start by pouring gasoline on your car.

Then strike a match.

Proceed to throw match on car.

And

Viola

They Call Me DARKNESS

Gamertag: Savstyle

fatisbac is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

all you have to do is go to radio shack. they have two different sizes. ones a 6" i believe and the other is a 8" and the 6 is rated 25rms w/ 8ohm and the 8 is 50rms w/ 8ohm magnet. Buy as many as you can fit under your car and wire them to a 4 channel amp. Also it is a good idea to build a kill switch for the speaker. I wired a relay into the + wire on mine and then hooked the relay to lighted switch on my dash so I can flip it on and off. I would also suggest wiring a couple of 100V capacitors in parallel on the + side of the speaker wire as well so that you cut your frequency at 200hrz so you don't bust it while your listening to rap.

I will warn you though. Having one means you will most likely end up using it to mess with random people while you drive. They are loud if you give them max power. Standing you can hear it about 500' away but driving you can still hear it in another car following someone doing 80 down the highway.

1rockford1 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol

Closed Thread