Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Greetings, From Minnesota.

Steven Fuchs is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Greetings, From Minnesota.

My name is Steve, pretty new to the car audio world and would quickly like to advance to a better system. Right now I am having trouble with my amp continuing to overload while it is bridged.

"System" includes.
    2 infinity ref. series 1252w 12" subs
    1 750w sony x-plod amp
    Roadmaster's VR3 VRCD400SDU cd-deck

and the usual cheap walmart wiring-kit which i believe is a 14g wiring.

feel free to give me any advice on how to fix this overloading issue. When I have both subs hooked up they do not receive enough power and does not hit as hard as I want.
    When I have one sub hooked up and bridged with the amp it hits a lot harder but always gives me the overloading issue right away or blows out the fuse inside the amp. (I've gone threw 6 fuses this week.)

thanks STeve.

MONSONwarrior is offline Constantly Rebuilding... MONSONwarrior is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Greetings, From Minnesota.

Well would you be willing to just completely upgrade or do you want to keep the equipment you have?

If you wanna keep the equipment you have I'd say order a 4 gauge kit from http://www.knukonceptz.com/ rewire everything. What are the impedance of your subs? If you're going to bridge a 2 channel they will need to be single 2 ohm or dual 4, so you may just have your amp wired too low so it's going into protect. That thing is probably barely stable at 4 ohms let alone 2.

If you need any help just send me a PM and I'm about an hour and a half drive from where you are so I may be able to help you get stuff set up if you decide to just upgrade everything.

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT
    Pioneer AVIC-U310BT | Eclipse SC6500 | MB Quart Q4.80
    (2) Fi BTL N2 12 in 4.5 cubes @ 33hz | Cactus K5 | XS D3100 & D3400 | Knu 0 Gauge | Big 3 | 250a Alt

dragnix is online now LXIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

maybe check your connections. If you're blowing fuses then there might be a bad connection somewhere. But it's a sony xplod, it could just be doing what the name states.

AlterEgo99 is offline Streaming consciousness

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Welcome to Hell.

Eddie Izzard: Squirrels always eat nuts with two hands, always two hands, "arararar", and occasionally, they stop and go...oh, uh, ah, as if they're going, "Did I leave the gas on? No! No, I'm a fucking squirrel!"

Closed Thread