Closed Thread

Reload Thread: New North Carolina Member

04RedRam2500 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New North Carolina Member

I'm from Raleigh and just joined the forum. Been in the Marine Corps for almost 4 years now and getting ready to get out in 27 days and heading to school starting fall semester next year. Going to be completely ripping the factory speakers, amp, hu, etc. out of my truck and replacing it all and adding subs. Truck is a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 w/factory Infinity, and factory RB4 navigation. Any NC members want to give me a hand around early January? The main thing i am concerned about is HU wiring. I have read up enough and seen enough youtube tutorials on how to wire the speakers, amps, and sub to be able to do that myself and I can rip the interior apart on my own since I'm no stranger to turning a wrench. Main thing is the head unit wiring since I have to bypass the factory amp and crap like that. Anyone who wants to help, PM me. I'm a reasonable man so you would be compensated for your time and efforts with whatever you wanted(that once again is reasonable). Thanks again.

Bob Saget is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: New North Carolina Member

Quote Originally Posted by 04RedRam2500 View Post
    I'm from Raleigh and just joined the forum. Been in the Marine Corps for almost 4 years now and getting ready to get out in 27 days and heading to school starting fall semester next year. Going to be completely ripping the factory speakers, amp, hu, etc. out of my truck and replacing it all and adding subs. Truck is a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 w/factory Infinity, and factory RB4 navigation. Any NC members want to give me a hand around early January? The main thing i am concerned about is HU wiring. I have read up enough and seen enough youtube tutorials on how to wire the speakers, amps, and sub to be able to do that myself and I can rip the interior apart on my own since I'm no stranger to turning a wrench. Main thing is the head unit wiring since I have to bypass the factory amp and crap like that. Anyone who wants to help, PM me. I'm a reasonable man so you would be compensated for your time and efforts with whatever you wanted(that once again is reasonable). Thanks again.
    I'll help you install your h/u & anything else you need help w/ in exchange for the RB4 h/u

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's fine, I just don't have the nav cd's. Figured I'd save the $50 I'd pay for them on eBay and use it towards the audio swap. How long do you reckon it will take? Also, forgot to mention, I'd need help wiring the factory steering wheel control interface I found for it as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's fine, I just don't have the nav cd's. Figured I'd save the $50 I'd pay for them on eBay and use it towards the audio swap. How long do you reckon it will take? Also, forgot to mention, I'd need help wiring the factory steering wheel control interface I found for it as well.
    30 minutes top to install the h/u ......solder the wiring adapter to your new h/u & it's pretty much plug-n-play....

the steering wheel interface & amp bypass are a little more involved, but nothing too hard.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did my last post not work?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Guess not. Here it goes again. Yea, that's the thing that had me wondering was the amp bypass. I got the Metra 70-6512 wiring harness that specifically says infinity equipped vehicles. This should be the correct one. Could you take a look and see on their website? This stuff is pretty vague. If I need another one, let me know so I can go ahead and get it ordered so it'll be in by the time I'm ready to get this stuff in. Thanks again man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Guess not. Here it goes again. Yea, that's the thing that had me wondering was the amp bypass. I got the Metra 70-6512 wiring harness that specifically says infinity equipped vehicles. This should be the correct one. Could you take a look and see on their website? This stuff is pretty vague. If I need another one, let me know so I can go ahead and get it ordered so it'll be in by the time I'm ready to get this stuff in. Thanks again man.
    I'm 99% sure that's the same harness model # I used in my Grand Cherokee, which also needed the infinity bypass.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool. Yea I couldn't get a straight answer from any of the audio shops around Raleigh and they all told me something different or pulled up so stupid harness that they can get but I can't find on the web.

AlterEgo99 is offline Streaming consciousness

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Welcome to Hell.

Eddie Izzard: Squirrels always eat nuts with two hands, always two hands, "arararar", and occasionally, they stop and go...oh, uh, ah, as if they're going, "Did I leave the gas on? No! No, I'm a fucking squirrel!"

Closed Thread