Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Reload Thread: Hi!!

  1. #1
    NJF150's Avatar
    NJF150 is offline NJ Bumpin



    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Montague, NJ
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Hi!!

    Hi! my name is louis. im 16. im from the sticks of new jersey. i drive a 97 f150 standard cab i just got it 2 days ago. factory stereo in it now. when im done with my driving lights, air horn, PA/siren system and CB radio, ill be moving on to a sub. im just clueless when it come to all the lingo and jargin. im more of a engines guy. so thats it! wish me luck!

    the old girl



    97 f150 standard cab
    Kenwood KDC-138
    JVC CS-V6835 6x8 3way
    Sirius satellite radio




  2. #2
    misfit138's Avatar
    misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Williamson, WV
    Posts
    12,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Hi!!

    Just a sub, huh?



    I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

  3. #3
    NJF150's Avatar
    NJF150 is offline NJ Bumpin

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Montague, NJ
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hi!!

    well of course everything else that goes with it. amp and such.... but yes, only 1 sub.



    97 f150 standard cab
    Kenwood KDC-138
    JVC CS-V6835 6x8 3way
    Sirius satellite radio

  4. #4
    misfit138's Avatar
    misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Williamson, WV
    Posts
    12,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Hi!!

    Quote Originally Posted by NJF150 View Post
    well of course everything else that goes with it. amp and such.... but yes, only 1 sub.
    Subwoofers are the least important aspect of a sound system...



    I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

  5. #5
    supermaxx123's Avatar
    supermaxx123 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    I.E.
    Posts
    1,830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hi!!

    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    Subwoofers are the least important aspect of a sound system...
    I have to disagree. without a sub, unless you have mids that can play down to 30hz, i think a sub is very important.



    Bought from: tc3k101, vitveet, chico305, pieper88, Toxic Tuan, rusty_armadillo, tristanmay
    Traded with: modskwod, jmkanek
    Sold to: smd4life, AQHDC3, fastfocus00

  6. #6
    supermaxx123's Avatar
    supermaxx123 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    I.E.
    Posts
    1,830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hi!!

    If you just want to add one sub, measure the biggest amount of space you'll dedicate to it then kinda map out a box then start looking for a sub.



    Bought from: tc3k101, vitveet, chico305, pieper88, Toxic Tuan, rusty_armadillo, tristanmay
    Traded with: modskwod, jmkanek
    Sold to: smd4life, AQHDC3, fastfocus00

  7. #7
    NJF150's Avatar
    NJF150 is offline NJ Bumpin

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Montague, NJ
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hi!!

    read the sig. alpines and pioneers are temp till i can get some extra cash. tweeters are last. im not gonna rig up some 20 speaker system. i just want a nice sound for the ride to school. i still need as much room as possible in the cab so i can still use it as a truck.



    97 f150 standard cab
    Kenwood KDC-138
    JVC CS-V6835 6x8 3way
    Sirius satellite radio

  8. #8
    misfit138's Avatar
    misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Williamson, WV
    Posts
    12,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Hi!!

    Quote Originally Posted by supermaxx123 View Post
    I have to disagree. without a sub, unless you have mids that can play down to 30hz, i think a sub is very important.
    I didn't say it was beneficial to NOT have a subwoofer.



    I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

  9. #9
    misfit138's Avatar
    misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Williamson, WV
    Posts
    12,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Hi!!

    Quote Originally Posted by NJF150 View Post
    read the sig. alpines and pioneers are temp till i can get some extra cash. tweeters are last. im not gonna rig up some 20 speaker system. i just want a nice sound for the ride to school. i still need as much room as possible in the cab so i can still use it as a truck.
    If I were in your shoes, I'd pick up a nice pair of 6.5" components, a solid 4 channel amp and a single 10 or 12" sub. If you aren't looking for massive sound, that only furthers my statement of subwoofers being the least important aspect of a sound system.

    What's your budget look like?



    I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

  10. #10
    supermaxx123's Avatar
    supermaxx123 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    I.E.
    Posts
    1,830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hi!!

    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    I didn't say it was beneficial to NOT have a subwoofer.
    you said "least important" to me most cars do not come with decent subs, so that would be a more important part. I have heard a bunch of new BMW's MB's, Inifitys, bentley's, now those are a different story, mostly all new new cars.
    I know what you mean by the sub isn't the most important, I do have friends that have the loud bass but blends HORRIBLY with the mids, let alone the high LP settings make the sub play to like 100hz+, that doesnt do it for me lol.



    Bought from: tc3k101, vitveet, chico305, pieper88, Toxic Tuan, rusty_armadillo, tristanmay
    Traded with: modskwod, jmkanek
    Sold to: smd4life, AQHDC3, fastfocus00

  11. #11
    misfit138's Avatar
    misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Williamson, WV
    Posts
    12,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Hi!!

    Quote Originally Posted by supermaxx123 View Post
    you said "least important" to me most cars do not come with decent subs, so that would be a more important part. I have heard a bunch of new BMW's MB's, Inifitys, bentley's, now those are a different story, mostly all new new cars.
    I know what you mean by the sub isn't the most important, I do have friends that have the loud bass but blends HORRIBLY with the mids, let alone the high LP settings make the sub play to like 100hz+, that doesnt do it for me lol.
    What I meant is that it's stupid to plan your entire sound system around a subwoofer (especially if you're not planning a SPL beast). I'll defend that statement too...



    I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

  12. #12
    TMali's Avatar
    TMali is offline I Can Dance If I Want To



    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Hope/Big Lake MN
    Posts
    2,864
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hi!!

    seems like you want to make that truck into a redneck ride



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtysouth31 View Post
    TMali new king of lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ggaWeed View Post
    tmali can s#ck my girlfriends t1tties

  13. #13
    NJF150's Avatar
    NJF150 is offline NJ Bumpin

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Montague, NJ
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hi!!

    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    What I meant is that it's stupid to plan your entire sound system around a subwoofer (especially if you're not planning a SPL beast). I'll defend that statement too...
    im not. the sub will be the last thing to go in the truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMali View Post
    seems like you want to make that truck into a redneck ride
    why do you say that?



    97 f150 standard cab
    Kenwood KDC-138
    JVC CS-V6835 6x8 3way
    Sirius satellite radio

  14. #14
    TMali's Avatar
    TMali is offline I Can Dance If I Want To



    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Hope/Big Lake MN
    Posts
    2,864
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hi!!

    Quote Originally Posted by NJF150 View Post

    why do you say that?
    Hi!!
    Hi! my name is louis. im 16. im from the sticks of new jersey. i drive a 97 f150 standard cab i just got it 2 days ago. factory stereo in it now. when im done with my driving lights, air horn, PA/siren system and CB radio, ill be moving on to a sub. im just clueless when it come to all the lingo and jargin. im more of a engines guy. so thats it! wish me luck!

    thats why



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtysouth31 View Post
    TMali new king of lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ggaWeed View Post
    tmali can s#ck my girlfriends t1tties

  15. #15
    Maxipads's Avatar
    Maxipads is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    1,172
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hi!!

    Lol you got slayed ^^^^




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum