Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Capacitor Installation

I have a RF T30001 bd,My ? is,if i bought a 10 farad cap.would i need to buy another battery,I was told that i need a battery(Car size) and a 3 farad cap.But i've been thinking what if i just got a bigger farad cap, would that take out the other battery out of the picture?

KyleBechtold is offline Buy my fuses $1.25ea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)

Re: Capacitor Installation

So they told you you need a front battery, back battery and a cap? for 3000 watts?

Ca.com

Bought from: Sctattooer, Korn4Life, wgsj_fortvalley, bk12321, Queball, bumpincrv, Splmaster, 310w6, Buck, liljojo4711
    Everyone I have Bought from has been awesome.. feel safe with any of them..

Sold To: Iakona, dustinr, squeak12, Worstenemy453, BeAlLsTaR13, rmzsuzuki89, c_b_, mendon mafia, dropped_tb, SPLluminator, violence., power-fanatic07, schackel, michaellane, aviator08, kodak314, dropped_tb
    Ref Link
    Tamparacing
    -b15spec, 727kid, pshull727, Nt_Hardcore

Want/Need ANL fuses cheap 150a 200a 250a 300a
    CLICK ME

jdawg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

here we go

refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

LoggedOut is offline AEKDB

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

FeedBack

Quote Originally Posted by btdickey99 View Post
    I think LoggedOut = Biggest pimp on forum
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAddictJ View Post

What i love about my btl is that i can turn it up just loud enough to blend nicely with the music and sound great, or turn it all the way up and abort babies in my front seat.
    REFS: Twisted_0912 (x4), MTX520, woofercooker, mr_kebo, Bryan Cain, btdickey99, TeamPSI, stilltippin863, dropped_mazda (didnt scam me), majette, fasfocus00, Kryptonitewhite, hrtbrk1, 169db, dave_damage, jdubbau, p3bumpin, whitedragon551, davidt487, xxxbasshead

ramos is offline Still learning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 210WhiteBoy View Post
    I have a RF T30001 bd,My ? is,if i bought a 10 farad cap.would i need to buy another battery,I was told that i need a battery(Car size) and a 3 farad cap.But i've been thinking what if i just got a bigger farad cap, would that take out the other battery out of the picture?
    I would go the extra battery route. It would provide more support to the electrical system. And probably cost the same, if not less than a large cap

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

x1le is offline I'm certified.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you're moms a farad

But seriously, just buy a better battery up front along with a batt for the back...

I INSTALL STUFF.
    mecp advanced.
    i do it all.

210WhiteBoy is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What subs would ya'll run for this amp?
    and ya'll are aware that this amp i have is 33'' long, almost 13'' tall, and about 3'' thick and weight 40lbs, ive been by a few place's and both of them say no matter what i put in the back of my car "1993 5.0 Mustang GT (Hatchback)" the back window is gonna pop,This is bs,i hope not.I plan on doing car shows with my ride.Most of these cars you see are set for the drag strip,Been there done that.Not a huge fan on replaceing parts all the time,So i'm gonna try to set it up for audio show.My head unit is the new 09 Pioneer and the same on the little speakers 6x9's and 6's.

BeAlLsTaR13 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A capacitor is only good so far as the audio system isn't trying to pull too much from the electrical system. A cap doesn't provide more power, it's designed to 'stiffen' the voltage to the amp, nothing else. If the current isn't there, a cap won't help. The alternator must have at least 20% more amperage power than the entire vehicle and sound system combined for a cap to be of benefit which is ironically the same requirements for an amp to be efficient. A cap does it's best to keep the voltage at a certain level, but if the voltage changes so will the cap voltage. The cap just makes the change smoother. The diming light syndrome isn't a voltage issue but rather a current (amperage) drop. The voltage simply follows what the current does. A cap does not help this situation at all. A cap doesn't provide more power nor does it try to correct it.

go extra battery route, youd be getting the most for your money, cuz oodds are youd end up getting a battery anyway eventually...

New build in progress...

210WhiteBoy is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeAlLsTaR13 View Post
    A capacitor is only good so far as the audio system isn't trying to pull too much from the electrical system. A cap doesn't provide more power, it's designed to 'stiffen' the voltage to the amp, nothing else. If the current isn't there, a cap won't help. The alternator must have at least 20% more amperage power than the entire vehicle and sound system combined for a cap to be of benefit which is ironically the same requirements for an amp to be efficient. A cap does it's best to keep the voltage at a certain level, but if the voltage changes so will the cap voltage. The cap just makes the change smoother. The diming light syndrome isn't a voltage issue but rather a current (amperage) drop. The voltage simply follows what the current does. A cap does not help this situation at all. A cap doesn't provide more power nor does it try to correct it.

go extra battery route, youd be getting the most for your money, cuz oodds are youd end up getting a battery anyway eventually...
    Thanks for the info,So no matter what ive got to beef up the alternator?

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    622 Post(s)

Welcome to CA.

CarAudio.com mod(original)