Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reload Thread: sup guys... nooob to the site.

fast_4_door is offline Minion

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: sup guys... nooob to the site.

please tell me that he didn't use acl duraglide bearings. i've had nothing but bad luck using cheap bearings. the duraglides and the king race bearings both are garbage. half the time they pit during clearance checks. i use a bare minimum of acl race series or clevit h bearings only. those are all i will use. even after you can get the cheaper bearing in without scarring them, there soft material gets beat up under load and they spin easily because of it. lol. better bearings ftw. other than that his parts list seems pretty official. i probably wouldnt have spent the money on sleeving the block though. f series sleeves already can take a shizz load of boost as above mentioned.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oh and how is that accord tuned??? what fuel???

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so i'm lookin for some base up in my ride. as i mentioned earlier, i'm amped to my inside speakers but i have no sub at the moment. i've been really happy with the alpine typeR 10s as i ran one in my jeep and loved it. but i'm lookin for some serious boom back there.

what would be a good way to go?

where's a place to get a killer deal on a 1000watt monoblock amp, and a typeR 10 in a box made for the alpine sub specs? that's ultimately what i would like to run. any advice would be greatly appreciated. and thanks in advanced.

M Cook is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh its tuner for 93 octane, and I talked to him its making 353 HP at the wheels... Thats gettin it for a f series..

This guy goes to loads of shows. Ill try to meet up with him sometime and see how it rides, and how it pulls...
    Hes owned the car since it came off the lot, and he takes care of it, thats why its worth buying a brand new car, so you can do whatever you like, and know it has been taken care of.

System (Coming Wednesday):
    Sundown Sae 1200d
    American Bass TNT 12"
    2.8 Cu Box Tuned to 35Hz

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M Cook View Post
    Oh its tuner for 93 octane, and I talked to him its making 353 HP at the wheels... Thats gettin it for a f series..

This guy goes to loads of shows. Ill try to meet up with him sometime and see how it rides, and how it pulls...
    Hes owned the car since it came off the lot, and he takes care of it, thats why its worth buying a brand new car, so you can do whatever you like, and know it has been taken care of.
    yeah that's pretty good for f-series. i bet that's one fun ride. but 353 whp on a sleeved block? he coulda done that without spending the extra grand on a sleeve job. i mean if you can get more than 500 whp on stock aluminum b-sleeves. i would think that he could get at least that on stock cast iron f-sleeves. just my opinion.. take it with a grain of salt.

do you guys have other fuel readily available out there?? like e85 or 101 octane something? that would make a huge difference if he were to get tuned on better fuel. pump gas is garbage to use on any kinda big boosted setup. it's real octane rating not only varies from pump to pump, but varies day to day at the pump. so one day it'll feel all good, like it's nicely tuned, and other days it won't feel like the right fuel curve untill you add some booster. just my experience with these setups.

M Cook is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fast_4_door View Post
    yeah that's pretty good for f-series. i bet that's one fun ride. but 353 whp on a sleeved block? he coulda done that without spending the extra grand on a sleeve job. i mean if you can get more than 500 whp on stock aluminum b-sleeves. i would think that he could get at least that on stock cast iron f-sleeves. just my opinion.. take it with a grain of salt.

do you guys have other fuel readily available out there?? like e85 or 101 octane something? that would make a huge difference if he were to get tuned on better fuel. pump gas is garbage to use on any kinda big boosted setup. it's real octane rating not only varies from pump to pump, but varies day to day at the pump. so one day it'll feel all good, like it's nicely tuned, and other days it won't feel like the right fuel curve untill you add some booster. just my experience with these setups.
    we have e85, I've never seen 101. Ill look into it. I'm sure he could get more but he needs a bigger turbo.

System (Coming Wednesday):
    Sundown Sae 1200d
    American Bass TNT 12"
    2.8 Cu Box Tuned to 35Hz

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

here's a quick pic i snapped with my cellular the other day up at school. thought i would share. i bought the car with spun rod bearing. and just swapped in another LS from a year newer that i got off of a fellow local honda enthusiast here. . i just got the cover powder coated the black chrome powder by a local powder coat company called stanley distribution.

http://www.stanleydistribution.com/

only mods are the injen intake, dc 4to1 header, greddy sp2 exhaust, and the stereo that i am rockin. i'm workin on a motor build. i wanna drive on 400+whp. i'm pretty close to having everything together, but finding any spare time between school and work is next to impossible. i wired up my system between classes one day. lol. i ran through it like a maniac.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

here's a quick pic i snapped with my cellular the other day up at school. thought i would share. i bought the car with spun rod bearing. and just swapped in another LS from a year newer that i got off of a fellow local honda enthusiast here. . i just got the cover powder coated the black chrome powder by a local powder coat company called stanley distribution.

only mods are the injen intake, dc 4to1 header, greddy sp2 exhaust, and the stereo that i am rockin. i'm workin on a motor build. i wanna drive on 400+whp. i'm pretty close to having everything together, but finding any spare time between school and work is next to impossible. i wired up my system between classes one day. lol. i ran through it like a maniac.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M Cook View Post
    we have e85, I've never seen 101. Ill look into it. I'm sure he could get more but he needs a bigger turbo.
    if he's on a gt30 sized turbo, he should be able to turn up the boost to at least 28 lbs. that would get him ungodly amounts of power. tuned on e85 i can promise close to if not over 500 whp on that setup. as long as that manifold is decent, a mean it's a ram horn design so that's at least going to flow well with the cam choice. so i see no reason why that dude can't be rockin 500+ whp with that exact setup, just different fuel and tuned for higher amounts of boost. it would be ridiculous.

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Welcome to CA.

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3