Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wassupp from san jose, CA

Hello everyone, my names Erik. Been into car audio since 1989. I currently have a 01 denali. My system consists of a pioneer flip out dvd player, arc audio eq, audiocontrol elect x-over, butler audio tube driver 2150 amp(front comp's), audison lrx3.1k amp(rear comps and sub). For front comps I have cdt audio hd 3 way set with stagefront supertweet mounted in the pillars. For rears I have cdt audio eurosport 2 way set, and for sub I'm using Jl audio 12w7 in a jl factory box. We used stinger roadkill on the doors, floors, roof, and anywhere else it was needed. Everything is wired with stinger 1/0 gauge wire, 2 stinger batts and monster rca's. Oh and a soundstream 40 farad cap... almost forgot.
    I'm very happy with the sound and the install. It sounds very realistic and warm. Like your in the studio with the musicians as they recorded the song. Couldn't ask for more. Thanks to Adam Logi for the killer install!!

SHOnOFF is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: wassupp from san jose, CA

Quote Originally Posted by bulldoggg View Post
    Hello everyone, my names Erik. Been into car audio since 1989. I currently have a 01 denali. My system consists of a pioneer flip out dvd player, arc audio eq, audiocontrol elect x-over, butler audio tube driver 2150 amp(front comp's), audison lrx3.1k amp(rear comps and sub). For front comps I have cdt audio hd 3 way set with stagefront supertweet mounted in the pillars. For rears I have cdt audio eurosport 2 way set, and for sub I'm using Jl audio 12w7 in a jl factory box. We used stinger roadkill on the doors, floors, roof, and anywhere else it was needed. Everything is wired with stinger 1/0 gauge wire, 2 stinger batts and monster rca's. Oh and a soundstream 40 farad cap... almost forgot. I'm very happy with the sound and the install. It sounds very realistic and warm. Like your in the studio with the musicians as they recorded the song. Couldn't ask for more. Thanks to Adam Logi for the killer install!!
    oh no.. please don't mention you have a cap in this forum, they'll eat you alive... my word of advice is to just get out now while you can.

18" FI Audio loaded up BTL
    MLA module @ 15.3
    kinetic 2000
    battcap 2000
    RF power series components in doors
    RF T30001BD & old school punch amp for mids/highs
    8 cu/ft @ 30hz 146.2 on TL

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    637 Post(s)

Welcome to CA.com or as others call it, hell.

CarAudio.com mod(original)

bulldoggg is offline 17 years of car audio

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not worried about people trying to put me down cause I have a cap. Anyone who would do that obviously doesn't understand what a cap does and I welcome the debate. In fact I will go as far as to say if you don't have a cap on a big system your really missing something! I've seen on a multi meter exactly what my cap does for my system and its a huge difference from without it. People who say you don't need a cap are right that you don't have to have one, but your system will work and sound better with one.( at least if your listening to music and not trying to burp a test tone to try and get a high spl # at a db drag in which case you don't care about sound anyways).

Closed Thread

User Tag List