mjf is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Befuddled 2

Quote Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
    Um, OK. You're far too developed for me to have an argument could possibly lead, well anywhere. There is indeed a moron here. Have a mirror handy?
    No, but I'm rather sure you do.

Maybe that skull of yours has just gotten thicker with age.

1rockford1 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    No, but I'm rather sure you do.

lol.

tacovic is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so how is it secured then?
    have fun with a missle in your car if you get into an accident.
    and car audio and home audio are 2 totally different things that try to accomplish different goals. so this is stupid.

refs- kovemaster, koolwhipman, Twisted_0912, headbussaboi, wildsebring, Ledoux289, jiggy2dmax

endofdays89 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tacovic View Post
    and car audio and home audio are 2 totally different things that try to accomplish different goals. so this is stupid.
    exactly

McIntosh is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly so. Ask your mom when she tucks you in what she thinks. And NO MORE TONGUE, the sargeant will know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly so. Ask your mom when she tucks you in what she thinks. And NO MORE TONGUE, the sargeant will know.
    fail

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tacovic View Post
    Well strapped down with 10klb straps. They aren't going anywhere. As to car vs. home audio being two different things, they aren't to me. I want faithful reproduction. Maybe that's the gist of my misunderstanding. My goals are the same, good sound. Is it stupid to try for good sound in a vehicle as opposed to spl?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well strapped down with 10klb straps. They aren't going anywhere. As to car vs. home audio being two different things, they aren't to me. I want faithful reproduction. Maybe that's the gist of my misunderstanding. My goals are the same, good sound. Is it stupid to try for good sound in a vehicle as opposed to spl?
    can we please see pics? How do we know your not one of these?

tacovic is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well there are amps and speakers and subs that are designed for sound quality. not everybody is in it for spl, alot of guys build some pretty sweet SQ vehicles as well. so try searching a little bit next time before you make yourself sound like an ***.

refs- kovemaster, koolwhipman, Twisted_0912, headbussaboi, wildsebring, Ledoux289, jiggy2dmax

mjf

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not fully misguided, but the actual path in order to obtain it is completely different in each environment.

Therefore the actual application of each piece of equipment has different intended purposes, and the comparison to a car vs. home scenario cannot be argued when it is effectively impossible to gain the same results due to different spaces.

mjf

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, the effort you are making here is rather funny. But alas I'd rather watch you continue to struggle trying to make an argument when you refuse to accept opposition.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by endofdays89 View Post
    can we please see pics? How do we know your not one of these?

I'll try to get a pic tomorrow as I'll probably be out there installing my new receiver (aka HU I guess) my old Alpine 7337 is finally being replaced. I'm not ready to call it an upgrade because I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna like the new style menu/encoder BS versus shafts. CDs will be fine though. I bought another Alpine hoping to "plug and play", apparently they abandoned the old DIN cables some time ago. Alpine couldn't even find me a pinout. The old girl served me well (1983ish) The EQ is gone as well. The new one (CDA-9886) appears to have adequate control without an EQ, I guess we'll see. I didn't spring for the imprint addon as it seems kinda pricey for what it purports to do. Oh well, new cables are all pulled, seats/carpet reinstalled. Now its plug and play (I hope). Anyone have comments (pro or con) on the imprint? My instincts tell me it won't be needed.

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't really agree with that. The goals can be the same; the approaches may be different, but that's a result of the listening environment

The new one (CDA-9886) appears to have adequate control without an EQ, I guess we'll see. I didn't spring for the imprint addon as it seems kinda pricey for what it purports to do. Oh well, new cables are all pulled, seats/carpet reinstalled. Now its plug and play (I hope). Anyone have comments (pro or con) on the imprint? My instincts tell me it won't be needed.
    I wouldn't bother with the Imprint, but having separate EQ ability per channel can be a very useful thing. I agree about in-car mounting requiring some compromises in speaker placement, but I'm just wondering - have you heard a vehicle built for SQ competition, like an IASCA or MECA event?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the comparison to a car vs. home scenario cannot be argued when it is effectively impossible to gain the same results due to different spaces.
    Interesting albeit nonsense. Rooms come in a wide variety of sizes, textures and shapes. Vehicles vary much less of course. With the exception of a shag carpeted cargo van, most vehicles have a lot of reflections (glass) and no place for a real enclosure. Dashboards, door panels and the like are not enclosures. Its essentially a bathroom (sound wise) with the shower enclosure as your worst enemy. Stuffing 5KW (or whatever) in a bathroom may make the water appear to boil in the tub, but cochlear fluid cavitates as well.

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dashboards, door panels and the like are not enclosures.
    Again, if you've seen how an SQ vehicle can go together, you might not say this Doors can indeed make suitable enclosures, provided they're sealed up with layers of Lexan...midranges and even midbasses can fit into fiberglassed kickpods with enough volume for very useful extension - yeah, sometimes it's necessary to cut metal, but it can be done.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast