Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)

Re: Befuddled 2

is it bad that im 20 years old and i still snoop in my moms room for xmas gifts

Pioneer Appradio 3
    JBL ms8, JBL MS-A5001
    PHD Studio neo 6.5s, PHD fb 1.1b
    Cdt m6+
    TC Sounds Epic 10
    cream jean of sound 8======D~
    refs: Lil_KB, jesusbasscadill, Crzy, Wkbdkid, bigwheel15, groggy23, kenbei, Belunt (awesomebox), Nissan, shallowfu, jonnybusa, alxmlr789, pioneerpimp, peas247, ravens9322, sundownz, audiobahnuser18, [email][email protected], jared530, brenTgrillzem, Revrider1

1rockford1 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dumple View Post
    is it bad that im 20 years old and i still snoop in my moms room for xmas gifts
    im 24 i dont get any gifts to poor . i was gona buy my own gifts tell about 5 hours ago. i found out my cell phone bill is 206.42. i might just get some beer and call it a day lol

dumple is offline What's in your trunk?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)

well xmas isnt what it used to be maybe 1 big gift and like some jeans or something

so this year i know im getting an ipod i had to go with my mom to pick it out she didnt know what to buy (she wanted to buy the purple nano) anywho i got a 120gig black ipod classic
    my brother bought me gears2 and i think i got an eagles jersey which would be sweet my other one got all kinds of ****ed up. Like i said when i was a youngin id get tons of ****. I also just got a brand new clutch for my car so i told my mom she didnt have to get me anything really im plenty happy with a new clutch.

Pioneer Appradio 3
    JBL ms8, JBL MS-A5001
    Cdt m6+
    TC Sounds Epic 10
    refs: Lil_KB, jesusbasscadill, Crzy, Wkbdkid, bigwheel15, groggy23, kenbei, Belunt (awesomebox), Nissan, shallowfu, jonnybusa, alxmlr789, pioneerpimp, peas247, ravens9322, sundownz, audiobahnuser18, [email][email protected], jared530, brenTgrillzem, Revrider1

dumple is offline What's in your trunk?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)

howd u get in an accident ur car looks pretty muffed up

Pioneer Appradio 3
    JBL ms8, JBL MS-A5001
    Cdt m6+
    TC Sounds Epic 10

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i just brought this woman home then i was on the way back to my place sunday 1 am . i went threw a intersection i had the green light and this d-bag hit me i went in to a poll then threw a fense up to this guys house . yea it was bad i have a fx in my lower back and to fingers messed up. I just hope to get some money out of this to get a car. Im on disabilty i dont work no more its weird im home all day. i go out but u know what i mean i get money to stay at home.

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
    Sorry I ruffled some feathers, that was not my intent. I meant to ask why would you even consider something so loud? Other than annoying others, you can't possibly stand to listen to it in your vehicle, you'd suffer hearing damage. I don't have a SPL meter, but calculations indicate 127dB (+3 for the other speaker) in my home. Yeah, thats at a meter,etc. Its far too loud for anyone to take for more than a few (very few) seconds without discomfort. I like rock, don't get me wrong, but SRV actually hurts. I'm old so my ears aren't as sensitive as most of yours. 130dB is nothing compared to 140dB, let alone 150. I suppose if most of it is bass it may not hurt as much as one responder deftly pointed out. English major at another's expense no doubt. Parse this and bill your daddy. Buy American, the job you save may well be your own.
    What do you think would happen if someone made a post on AK going after people's vintage gear, claiming it's outdated, and that they should get "real" speakers instead? How long do you think that'd be there before Grumpy deletes it?

This is why both sides can't understand each other...if you have honest questions about car audio, then by all means, ask them - but lose the holier-than-thou complex. I've learned long ago that if people want to listen to rap music and put gaudy wheels on their cars, let them - it may not be my personal choice, but as long as I don't have to listen to it every day I don't really care.

mjf
    mjf is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry I ruffled some feathers, that was not my intent. I meant to ask why would you even consider something so loud? Other than annoying others, you can't possibly stand to listen to it in your vehicle, you'd suffer hearing damage. I don't have a SPL meter, but calculations indicate 127dB (+3 for the other speaker) in my home. Yeah, thats at a meter,etc. Its far too loud for anyone to take for more than a few (very few) seconds without discomfort. I like rock, don't get me wrong, but SRV actually hurts. I'm old so my ears aren't as sensitive as most of yours. 130dB is nothing compared to 140dB, let alone 150. I suppose if most of it is bass it may not hurt as much as one responder deftly pointed out. English major at another's expense no doubt. Parse this and bill your daddy. Buy American, the job you save may well be your own.
    Arrogance will get you nowhere moron. I don't have a single concern of your age and that you feel by having years on me you deserve some kind of respect. Arrogance will only gain you the same in return, because that's the most you deserve.

I'm not an english major, as i find that particularly boring; however comprehension of the language you speak on a daily basis should be a paramount part of your life. Since you don't even seem to have the basis of that concept I have little interest in trying to have an argument could possibly lead to some conversation.

And I'll buy Toyota, who has a plant based in Kentucky and would do more for the workers in this country that any of the automakers here ever would to support its own people. You're clearly still one of the morons whose biggest justification for buying something would be that its "American made" when most of the stuff that has that claim is outsourced to other countries such as Mexico because the labor is extensively cheaper than here and they can treat the workers like crap.

But I'll let your ignorance continue, as I actually find it to be rather funny. Wisdom comes with age, except maybe in your case.
    Last edited by mjf; 12-22-2008 at 04:02 PM.

McIntosh is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimJ View Post
    What do you think would happen if someone made a post on AK going after people's vintage gear, claiming it's outdated, and that they should get "real" speakers instead? How long do you think that'd be there before Grumpy deletes it?

This is why both sides can't understand each other...if you have honest questions about car audio, then by all means, ask them - but lose the holier-than-thou complex. I've learned long ago that if people want to listen to rap music and put gaudy wheels on their cars, let them - it may not be my personal choice, but as long as I don't have to listen to it every day I don't really care.
    Point well taken.

Pioneer~Saturn is offline Dr. Enclosure

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I guess. I just fail to see the point. Loud is just loud, it doesn't have to sound good. I like music myself. If it doesn't sound good why bother? Could well be an empty trophy if it sounds like ****.
    That's why my moto is 'tuning high is for fegz' ....gotta get loud, but still stay nice n low to listen to your favorite music on the way there without sounding like crap

<First and only dual-alternator 'real' Saturn (pre 2002) on the planet>
    Team Concepts, Team Shok Industries Team XS Power
    Soon: Mystery subs + AQ20k
    12.75 cubes net ~25Hz tuning 200 sq inches of port (lowz?)
    AC position- 250 amp alt
    Stock alt position- 225 amp alt
    (2) XS Power D3100's
    4 power+ 4 ground runs of 1/0-gauge to rear
    152.1 @ 40Hz legal, certified...just getting started.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Since you don't even seem to have the basis of that concept I have little interest in trying to have an argument could possibly lead to some conversation.
    Um, OK. You're far too developed for me to have an argument could possibly lead, well anywhere. There is indeed a moron here. Have a mirror handy?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAFWISH View Post
    Not judging or being an ***, but why are you here? Sounds like you are a home audiophile. And anyone is more than welcome here, i believe, but coming at us with insults on your first post is not a good way to get answers. If you are really interested, tone down the assumptions and do a little research about our hobby. Then ask questions about the things that apply to your needs.
    I may or may not be an audiophile, I sorta dislike the term myself. I like music, undistorted quality reproduction of audio the way it was recorded. Rattling the bumpers off the car next to you is hardly the way it was intended to sound. If you take that as an insult, so be it. Go to any live concert and it won't sound that way. Why? Certainly not because they can't make it sound that way. The band could surely devote 95%+ of their power to bass if they chose. Cuts down on their overhead with only a bassist and a kickdrum. I find it an insult to musicians reducing their work to bass. As to how loud my car stereo is, plenty loud to cause permanent hearing damage. 100W/ch with efficient speakers in ANY car or truck will hurt you. Hood??? I assume "ghetto" or just not cool looking. Cars **** as they're rectanglular necessitating poor speaker placement with ****** acoustics as a rule. Having three way cabinets in the back certainly takes away my cargo hauling abilities, but sounds quite good. After all "car" stereos can only hope to mimic the real thing. Dash, door, pillar whatever mounts have no cabinets. You can try to compensate, but in the end you'll simply be trying to make a cabinet. Put one Klipshorn (if it'll fit) in your back seat. Feed it 30 watts. Then run like hell. Feed it more? Run faster. I guess that's "hood".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hood

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wigger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wigger
    sh it thats so funny. 1998

endofdays89 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

concert and car stereos are two different things. When i listen to rap ( not very much) i like to hear the loud bass and don't really care as long as i can hear the highs well, which i can. When listening to other genres of music, like metal/rock/ country or whatever, i like to hear the instruments and get the real sound that i would get at a concert. It is two totally different things here, so what is your point? If you never listen to rap, then you probably shouldn't comment on it because all it is, is bass and loud vocals. that's it.

edit: There are many people who don't even like other genres of music other than rap, so if they want bass that can be heard from a mile away, then why is it wrong to have it?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

User Tag List