Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Befuddled

McIntosh is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Befuddled

Snooping around a bit, you people amuse me. Firstly, I'm likely older than most of you at 49 which in itself means nothing other than I've had a chance to learn from more mistakes than most of you have. I was also a "genius" at 17 and knew far more than my elders. Yeah, right. Enough of that. I'm not your dad and its not my job to be. Most of my equipment is also likely older than most of you (late '70s, early '80s vintage). My home stereo (McIntosh powered, of course) will deliver 130dB of absolutely undistorted hearing damage. If ANY of you were to try to stand it for an album (yes, those vinyl thingies) side without suffering painful permanent hearing damage (tinnitus) you must be wearing earplugs. It WILL permanently damage your hearing. This is with 300W/ch in a large room and 100dB/W Klipsch speakers. What exactly is the point of ANYTHING hitting 150+dB (which I seriously doubt is possible anyways, you're kidding yourselves). Doubling the power gets you 3 dB. Roughly 128000w at 100dB/W for 151 dB. Then again, you "kids" like nothing but bass (cause it sounds cool???) rather than full range music. If your amps actually delivered the watts they advertise, 100W/ch would make your ears bleed in a full sized sedan, let alone a ratty-assed Honda or other import crap. I drive a full-sized Blazer (kinda like a Yukon for you younger crowd) with 100/ch with 3-way "house" speakers in the back. The rear-view (windshield mounted) mirror is useless when cranked. The lights dim at stoplights with a 250A alternator. That's a REAL 100W/ch amp.

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Befuddled

Quote Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
    Snooping around a bit, you people amuse me. Firstly, I'm likely older than most of you at 49 which in itself means nothing other than I've had a chance to learn from more mistakes than most of you have. I was also a "genius" at 17 and knew far more than my elders. Yeah, right. Enough of that. I'm not your dad and its not my job to be. Most of my equipment is also likely older than most of you (late '70s, early '80s vintage). My home stereo (McIntosh powered, of course) will deliver 130dB of absolutely undistorted hearing damage. If ANY of you were to try to stand it for an album (yes, those vinyl thingies) side without suffering painful permanent hearing damage (tinnitus) you must be wearing earplugs. It WILL permanently damage your hearing. This is with 300W/ch in a large room and 100dB/W Klipsch speakers. What exactly is the point of ANYTHING hitting 150+dB (which I seriously doubt is possible anyways, you're kidding yourselves). Doubling the power gets you 3 dB. Roughly 128000w at 100dB/W for 151 dB. Then again, you "kids" like nothing but bass (cause it sounds cool???) rather than full range music. If your amps actually delivered the watts they advertise, 100W/ch would make your ears bleed in a full sized sedan, let alone a ratty-assed Honda or other import crap. I drive a full-sized Blazer (kinda like a Yukon for you younger crowd) with 100/ch with 3-way "house" speakers in the back. The rear-view (windshield mounted) mirror is useless when cranked. The lights dim at stoplights with a 250A alternator. That's a REAL 100W/ch amp.
    You know what they say about a closed mouth attracting no feet?

Be careful who you generalize around here, you might realize it's not so homogeneous Just hope you're not on AK...

KyleBechtold is offline Buy my fuses $1.25ea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

so GTFO if you don't like it.. and you think 151 is impossible? you are an ignorant old man.. go have your midlife crisis by yourself

Ca.com

Bought from: Sctattooer, Korn4Life, wgsj_fortvalley, bk12321, Queball, bumpincrv, Splmaster, 310w6, Buck, liljojo4711
    Everyone I have Bought from has been awesome.. feel safe with any of them..

Sold To: Iakona, dustinr, squeak12, Worstenemy453, BeAlLsTaR13, rmzsuzuki89, c_b_, mendon mafia, dropped_tb, SPLluminator, violence., power-fanatic07, schackel, michaellane, aviator08, kodak314, dropped_tb
    Ref Link
    Tamparacing
    -b15spec, 727kid, pshull727, Nt_Hardcore

Want/Need ANL fuses cheap 150a 200a 250a 300a
    CLICK ME

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1rockford1 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

u make me sick to my stomache.

Cabin_Pressure is offline yeah, it'll do

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a nice setup, got any pics?LOL

craigzter is offline erm..hello.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAFWISH View Post
    Sounds like a nice setup, got any pics?LOL
    not going to argue with anyone and...pics would be a plus.

::Sold To:: Defconx3 :: blaze383(x3) :: FASTIMES :: bow125106(x2) :: KINGDELL91 :: blackdragonx118(ROE) :: fletch_1 :: Bassbumper15 :: RuLayd(s10forum.com) :: outspoken :: revrider1 :: Rashaddd :: farmerehsan :: 22mountaineer :: 2000gator :: Chin_Chilla :: chevyboy91
    =====
    ::Bought From:: 2002XLT :.: ReDemon :: blazinb2000 :: Bassbumper15 :: BushJ311 :: woofercooker :: 18inchjeepin
    =====
    ::Traded With:: spivey17323
    01 Chevy Silverado = v6 - 5spd - gray = 4/5 drop on 22s - system coming sooonnnn

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i dont like the fact he comes on here and is like well all of u are kids and dont know anything and i got this and that . You might not know it but not all of us are high school kids ,and for how u come across my man your a d-bag

Cabin_Pressure is offline yeah, it'll do

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigzter View Post
    not going to argue with anyone and...pics would be a plus.
    Me either, let them prove their intelligence or stupidity.

Stephen_c is offline MR. Crunk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have a **** you can ****

=

Refs: Ryan1126, SPL-Master, andrewmoore13, jonsey
    SMD refs : 00sdime00, Mrbubbles00482

craigzter is offline erm..hello.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_c View Post
    i have a **** you can ****

::Sold To:: Defconx3 :: blaze383(x3) :: FASTIMES :: bow125106(x2) :: KINGDELL91 :: blackdragonx118(ROE) :: fletch_1 :: Bassbumper15 :: RuLayd(s10forum.com) :: outspoken :: revrider1 :: Rashaddd :: farmerehsan :: 22mountaineer :: 2000gator :: Chin_Chilla :: chevyboy91
    =====
    ::Bought From:: 2002XLT :.: ReDemon :: blazinb2000 :: Bassbumper15 :: BushJ311 :: woofercooker :: 18inchjeepin
    =====
    ::Traded With:: spivey17323
    01 Chevy Silverado = v6 - 5spd - gray = 4/5 drop on 22s - system coming sooonnnn

dumple is online now What's in your trunk?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

sweet your old and u have a bad *** home set up and from what I read you also use home audio speakers in your car. To each their own but way to introduce yourself dbag

Pioneer Appradio 3
    JBL ms8, JBL MS-A5001
    PHD Studio neo 6.5s, PHD fb 1.1b
    Cdt m6+
    TC Sounds Epic 10
    cream jean of sound 8======D~
    refs: Lil_KB, jesusbasscadill, Crzy, Wkbdkid, bigwheel15, groggy23, kenbei, Belunt (awesomebox), Nissan, shallowfu, jonnybusa, alxmlr789, pioneerpimp, peas247, ravens9322, sundownz, audiobahnuser18, [email]nbesaw2@new.rr, jared530, brenTgrillzem, Revrider1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dumple View Post
    sweet your old and u have a bad *** home set up and from what I read you also use home audio speakers in your car. To each their own but way to introduce yourself dbag
    Well said.

endofdays89 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OP, you sound like my grandpa. He thinks the same way you do and is a sound expert and electrician. He has be an electrician for 28 years and installing proffessional audio for over 25 years. I kinda see what you are saying because i hear it from him every day, but 150+ db is very easy to achieve if you have the money and space. And i myself am not a bass head, so please don't call me that. I like the cleanest sound possible and am more for SQ than SPL. Most of the stuff you pointed at are just ignorant though, so please make some sense before you open your mouth.

edit: and home audio and professional audio equipment is rated differently, my home theater front towers are 130 rms and are 4 times louder than my car components which are 150 rms. It is on a different scale i guess you could say.

dumple is online now What's in your trunk?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

ive seen myself grow out of the all i want is bass thing. Right now im interested in getting some great sounding music out of my car for a semi low price. It was fun as hell to vibrate the cars next to me but not anymore lol. Cant wait for summer so i can have a fuggin job and get some cash for dreams

Pioneer Appradio 3
    JBL ms8, JBL MS-A5001
    PHD Studio neo 6.5s, PHD fb 1.1b
    Cdt m6+
    TC Sounds Epic 10
    cream jean of sound 8======D~
    refs: Lil_KB, jesusbasscadill, Crzy, Wkbdkid, bigwheel15, groggy23, kenbei, Belunt (awesomebox), Nissan, shallowfu, jonnybusa, alxmlr789, pioneerpimp, peas247, ravens9322, sundownz, audiobahnuser18, [email]nbesaw2@new.rr, jared530, brenTgrillzem, Revrider1

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast