Closed Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Reload Thread: Hello All!

  1. #1
    Mr Marv's Avatar
    Mr Marv is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Monterey Bay California
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Hello All!

    My name is Marv and I'm known as "Mr Marv" on several car audio forums. I'm a custom cabinetmaker by trade and a car audio nut by choice that loves to try new stuff as well as experiment whenever I can. I recently sold my El Camino so I am on the lookout for my next ride to try some new stuff in and in my spare time (what's that ) I build sub enclosures/amp racks/baffles etc for my fellow car audio fanatics and do installs for friends etc as well as a local Custom Car Club. I also have a pretty good size driveway as well as plenty of tools, test gear and an RTA available to those near the Monterey Bay area who need a place to install their gear.

    Some of you that also visit DIYMA or ECA may know that over the last 7 or 8 years I have hosted an annual Car Audio BBQ/Meet with participation from all around the country as well as Canada and now included are demo cars from numerous manufacturers (we have some big name sponsors these days ie Second Skin Audio, ARC Audio, Dynaudio, Hybrid Audio Technologies, RAAMaudio, Zapco, Image Dynamics, Sundown Audio, Hertz/Audison, etc etc).

    The objective is to have a place for car audio fanatics to meet/share ideas/knowledge etc with those that have like interests, get hands on demos/use of gear from the manufacturers/other participants that you may not have access to normally, gain some knowledge from "mini clinics" provided by some of the best tuners/installers/fabricators/tech advisors/competitors from around the country AND you get to eat some pretty good BBQ if I do say so myslef! In the past it has been a "semi-invite" only type of gathering for DIYMA/ECA members however I am now in negotiations with numerous sponsors and it looks like I will be hosting a public show as well as what will be the first annual Mr Marv West Coast Mobile Audio Competition and I'll be sure to post over here for any of you that would like to participate! (we also have some great raffles and gave away nearly 15 grand worth of gear this year alone! )

    I don't have a lot of time these days to participate on the forums as much as I would like but now that I know you guys are here hopefully I'll have time to come hang out from time to time!

    BTW, here's a couple of threads from the 2007/2008 BBQ/Meet's
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ad.php?t=15256
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ad.php?t=40828







  2. #2
    David19's Avatar
    David19 is offline Epic Thread Poster



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola FL
    Posts
    1,978
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hello All!

    Welcome




  3. #3
    Pioneer~Saturn's Avatar
    Pioneer~Saturn is offline Dr. Enclosure



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,318
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Hello All!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Marv View Post
    My name is Marv and I'm known as "Mr Marv" on several car audio forums. I'm a custom cabinetmaker by trade and a car audio nut by choice that loves to try new stuff as well as experiment whenever I can. I recently sold my El Camino so I am on the lookout for my next ride to try some new stuff in and in my spare time (what's that ) I build sub enclosures/amp racks/baffles etc for my fellow car audio fanatics and do installs for friends etc as well as a local Custom Car Club. I also have a pretty good size driveway as well as plenty of tools, test gear and an RTA available to those near the Monterey Bay area who need a place to install their gear.

    Some of you that also visit DIYMA or ECA may know that over the last 7 or 8 years I have hosted an annual Car Audio BBQ/Meet with participation from all around the country as well as Canada and now included are demo cars from numerous manufacturers (we have some big name sponsors these days ie Second Skin Audio, ARC Audio, Dynaudio, Hybrid Audio Technologies, RAAMaudio, Zapco, Image Dynamics, Sundown Audio, Hertz/Audison, etc etc).

    The objective is to have a place for car audio fanatics to meet/share ideas/knowledge etc with those that have like interests, get hands on demos/use of gear from the manufacturers/other participants that you may not have access to normally, gain some knowledge from "mini clinics" provided by some of the best tuners/installers/fabricators/tech advisors/competitors from around the country AND you get to eat some pretty good BBQ if I do say so myslef! In the past it has been a "semi-invite" only type of gathering for DIYMA/ECA members however I am now in negotiations with numerous sponsors and it looks like I will be hosting a public show as well as what will be the first annual Mr Marv West Coast Mobile Audio Competition and I'll be sure to post over here for any of you that would like to participate! (we also have some great raffles and gave away nearly 15 grand worth of gear this year alone! )

    I don't have a lot of time these days to participate on the forums as much as I would like but now that I know you guys are here hopefully I'll have time to come hang out from time to time!

    BTW, here's a couple of threads from the 2007/2008 BBQ/Meet's
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ad.php?t=15256
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ad.php?t=40828
    Welcome aboard.

    I see that youre a cabinetmaker and Im slowly becoming one ...woodwork is awesome. Now, I expect some crazy enclosure builds from you, haha



    <First and only dual-alternator 'real' Saturn (pre 2002) on the planet>
    Team Concepts, Team Shok Industries Team XS Power
    Soon: Mystery subs + AQ20k
    12.75 cubes net ~25Hz tuning 200 sq inches of port (lowz?)
    AC position- 250 amp alt
    Stock alt position- 225 amp alt
    (2) XS Power D3100's
    4 power+ 4 ground runs of 1/0-gauge to rear
    152.1 @ 40Hz legal, certified...just getting started.

  4. #4
    6spdcoupe's Avatar
    6spdcoupe is offline tends to get a bit cranky



    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In the armpit of the US
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,821
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hello All!

    Welcome n00b.




    DVI-9990/TMI-M990/PXI-H990
    TRU Billet 2200 ..Dyn Esotar 1200
    TRU Billet 4100 ..Dyn Esotar110/Esotar430
    TRU Billet 4100 ..DYN MD182s

    Refs:
    Way to many to list, seriously. I lost count when it passed 100

  5. #5
    99grandprixGT's Avatar
    99grandprixGT is offline now got an 04 grand prix



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    home
    Age
    24
    Posts
    10,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hello All!

    welcome to the site.



    refs:
    wong05tsx, Buckyboy, Themommyvan, Team H&K, natisfynest(x2), Eat Italian,NewAgeKing, skierxx5556, wgsj_fortvalley, MmatsDude, bigpimpin91 ,wasted ink, JLbumpin04gp,itsbmw(x2),ltr450racer690, speedfreak28,jshak07,xplayazplayzonx,mcsoul, SPL-Master ,TNTR70, bumpin buick, vitveet, gqjeff, pioneer pimp ,bones22, nismos14, revrider1,bigbirney420,nineball,DBDRAGGUY ,plyer3,slam330, BeAlLsTaR13, smllysack,Andrew_as. dkhage1,boxdGM, blue200sx,rusty_armadillo, beatnbronco, basscort2009,xxxbasshead,SSS 18734,mcquesten

    feedback


  6. #6
    mtlhead's Avatar
    mtlhead is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hello All!

    I remember you from my ECA days, welcome to hell!



    Yes, my membership on CA.com makes me a certified lawyer

    Quote Originally Posted by bahn4lyfe View Post
    THERE AINT NO ZOOS HERE IN THE HOOD. WHY DONT YOU BRING YOUR MOM OUT HERE AND I'LL STICK MY FACE IN HER **** AND MY **** IN HER ***
    Quote Originally Posted by SyKo13 View Post
    Yea, brown spooge FTW
    2 TC 1000 8"s, 2000 watts, 1.6 cu ft @ 36 Hz = 139.5 DEEBEEZ
    Pioneer 7900BT

    Bought: vette1, dru, ibanezcollector (ECA), Bumpin Ben Wallace (Sound Domain)
    Sold: dleccord, Hustler904, busabob, NMBR1SPT

    100% on ebay

  7. #7
    Orion Man's Avatar
    Orion Man is offline Livin' Loud!



    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hello All!

    Welcome to the site bro.



    2003 Nissan Maxima SE Titanium Edition
    -Alpine--Focal--Massive Audio--Stinger--Kinetik--Second Skin-

  8. #8
    Mr Marv's Avatar
    Mr Marv is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Monterey Bay California
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hello All!

    Thanks for the welcome guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer~Saturn View Post
    Welcome aboard.

    I see that youre a cabinetmaker and Im slowly becoming one ...woodwork is awesome. Now, I expect some crazy enclosure builds from you, haha
    Excellent trade choice IMO! I've been doing it for about 20 years now and if you ever need help with anything just let me know! Here's a few enclosures etc I have done...
    www.MrMarv.com
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/MrMarv/?
    and here's the one most seem to remember me by...



    Quote Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe View Post
    Welcome n00b.
    Well at least you didn't call me "old man" this time!

    Quote Originally Posted by mtlhead View Post
    I remember you from my ECA days, welcome to hell!




  9. #9
    boomzilla's Avatar
    boomzilla is offline Got 'Roids?



    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hello All!

    Nice enclosures man, very fine work you do!



    - 12'' Fi BL Fully Loaded - 2.2 cu. ft. box @ 35hz - 29 sq. in. of port - Stinger SPV 44 - Us Amps Merlin MD3D @ 2ohm - 5.25'' PG RSD Components - Big 3 in Hyperflex 1/0 - Pioneer DEH-3000IB - 140 sq. ft. of Stinger Roadkill Expert
    Refs: Slam, Ridinhi, Blados, Pioneerpimp, Kowboy

  10. #10
    Mr Marv's Avatar
    Mr Marv is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Monterey Bay California
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hello All!

    Quote Originally Posted by boomzilla View Post
    Nice enclosures man, very fine work you do!
    Thanks!




  11. #11
    Pioneer~Saturn's Avatar
    Pioneer~Saturn is offline Dr. Enclosure



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,318
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Hello All!

    Agreed, very nice enclosure



    <First and only dual-alternator 'real' Saturn (pre 2002) on the planet>
    Team Concepts, Team Shok Industries Team XS Power
    Soon: Mystery subs + AQ20k
    12.75 cubes net ~25Hz tuning 200 sq inches of port (lowz?)
    AC position- 250 amp alt
    Stock alt position- 225 amp alt
    (2) XS Power D3100's
    4 power+ 4 ground runs of 1/0-gauge to rear
    152.1 @ 40Hz legal, certified...just getting started.

  12. #12
    crunktimes.com's Avatar
    crunktimes.com is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New England
    Age
    41
    Posts
    9,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Hello All!

    welcome



    Come get your crunk on! www.crunktimes.com/ct

  13. #13
    caligirl2k's Avatar
    caligirl2k is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, Ca
    Posts
    365
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hello All!

    Welcome to the site



    References Bought from: aaron7114, Alpineinstaller, blimblam, cheapo, freakish07, (x2) Integra2468, JoeSmith502
    Im looking for Precision Power *PPI* PCX Series Amps 2400, 2125, 280, 440 & 1500
    I buy Blu-Ray Movies, PS3, PSP, Xbox 360, Wii Games & Accessories

  14. #14
    denim's Avatar
    denim is offline SSAudio.com



    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    SSA HQ East
    Age
    37
    Posts
    28,192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

    Re: Hello All!

    Welcome to CA.





    CarAudio.com mod(original)

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum