Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    214 Post(s)

Icon11 Re: MurderMat vs Dynamat, FatMat, SecondSkin and Audio Technix

Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    and where does this come in?...or is it so good, it has no comparison?
    Knukonceptz product detail for KNO KNOISE KOLOSSUS EDITION CAR KIT 35SQ FT
    Well, just my personal opinion on this the Kno Knoise Kolosus 100mil edition of sound deadener sounds good, and from what I hear I hope to have an opportunity to try
    SDS and Audio Technix (no I did not enter the contest), but I feel MurderMat has the edge at least in perspective of design over Kno Knoise. Kno matter how I look at it, my personal opinion, is it looks generic and though yes it's true most sound deadener after installs are typically hidden from view completely I still think Knu could have put more time into the design element of the product. When I take into account pricing, Kno Knoise also seems to be a lot more pricey, at least compared to the affordability of some their other products which I have bought. Mostly wire. As for wire, I feel the KnuKonceptz Karma Twisted OFC wire and KnuKonceptz Twisted Pair Smoke RCA'S are top dog.
    __

James 1:2-5 2 Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience
    have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing
    . 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all
    liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him

Suicide Bobb is offline SPLC Fails

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

Re: MurderMat vs Dynamat, FatMat, SecondSkin and Audio Technix

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    When I take into account pricing, Kno Knoise also seems to be a lot more pricey, at least compared to the affordability of some their other products which I have bought. Mostly wire. As for wire, I feel the KnuKonceptz Karma Twisted OFC wire and KnuKonceptz Twisted Pair Smoke RCA'S are top dog.
    More expensive?

40sqft. of MurderMat 80mil: $139
    28sqft. + 14sqft. of Knu Knoise 80 mil: $138
    Price per sqft. of MurderMat 80mil: $3.475
    Price per sqft. of Knu Knoise 80 mil: $3.286

120sqft. of MuderMat 80mil: $380
    105sqft. + 14sqft. of Knu Knoise 80mil: $347
    Price per sqft. of MuderMat 80mil: $3.167
    Price per sqft. of Knu Knoise 80mil: $2.916

In both regards, the Knu Knoise 80mil is about $0.20 cheaper per sqft. It has the same exact specs as the MurderMat (thickness of constraining dampener and butyl, weight/sqft.), but a greater max temperature range (10 degrees colder and 30 degrees hotter).

40sqft. of MurderMat 90mil: $172
    35sqft. of Knu Knoise 100 mil: $140
    Price per sqft. of MurderMat 90mil: $4.3
    Price per sqft. of Knu Knoise 100 mil: $4

120sqft. of MuderMat 90mil: $515
    105sqft. + 14sqft. of Knu Knoise 100mil: $420
    Price per sqft. of MuderMat 90mil: $4.292
    Price per sqft. of Knu Knoise 100mil: $3.529

For smaller quantities, the Knu Knoise is $0.30 cheaper per sqft. than Murdermat, and over $0.70 cheaper per sqft. for larger quantities! It also has 10 more mils of butyl which I'm assuming is what accounts for the increased weight of 0.18lbs. Don't forget the same max operating temperature advantage as with the 80mil versions!

Not really sure where you are getting at with the Knu Knoise being more pricey than the MurderMat?

Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    when i see small subs i just think of a girl, 12s = teenagers, 15s = man, 18 = King Kong Mandingo Warrior

3. Thanks TheUnderFighter thanked for this post
    adas is offline MurderMat adas is a Supporting Member of the forum!

adas is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    More expensive?

40sqft. of MurderMat 80mil: $139
    28sqft. + 14sqft. of Knu Knoise 80 mil: $138
    Price per sqft. of MurderMat 80mil: $3.475
    Price per sqft. of Knu Knoise 80 mil: $3.286

120sqft. of MuderMat 80mil: $380
    105sqft. + 14sqft. of Knu Knoise 80mil: $347
    Price per sqft. of MuderMat 80mil: $3.167
    Price per sqft. of Knu Knoise 80mil: $2.916

In both regards, the Knu Knoise 80mil is about $0.20 cheaper per sqft. It has the same exact specs as the MurderMat (thickness of constraining dampener and butyl, weight/sqft.), but a greater max temperature range (10 degrees colder and 30 degrees hotter).

40sqft. of MurderMat 90mil: $172
    35sqft. of Knu Knoise 100 mil: $140
    Price per sqft. of MurderMat 90mil: $4.3
    Price per sqft. of Knu Knoise 100 mil: $4

120sqft. of MuderMat 90mil: $515
    105sqft. + 14sqft. of Knu Knoise 100mil: $420
    Price per sqft. of MuderMat 90mil: $4.292
    Price per sqft. of Knu Knoise 100mil: $3.529

For smaller quantities, the Knu Knoise is $0.30 cheaper per sqft. than Murdermat, and over $0.70 cheaper per sqft. for larger quantities! It also has 10 more mils of butyl which I'm assuming is what accounts for the increased weight of 0.18lbs. Don't forget the same max operating temperature advantage as with the 80mil versions!

Not really sure where you are getting at with the Knu Knoise being more pricey than the MurderMat?
    Well to clear a couple things up.
    Termpature ratings for us were done conservatively.
    We promise our deadener will meet or exceeds Knu and any other comparable Butyl products temperature rating.
    With the nature of the product, any quality butyls that are used for dampening and CLD applications are all going to fail in the same range (350-400*) as most rubbers have a melting point of 350*
    Now, say the deadener is placed vertically, or upside down. It will begin to fail at less then 350*, because its actually starting to melt.
    If any part of your vehicle, short of the exhuast system reaches 300*+, you will be having much bigger problems

Now for cost, comparing products with thickness and specs is fair.
    But what is not a fair comparison is that KnoNoise is a basic looking CLD.
    It does not have any character to set it apart from any other silver, 80 Mil deadener out there
    Our design and black anodized finish costs more to manufacture.
    A valid point some make is it is a CLD, it goes under panels and is not seen anyway.
    While this is true a lot of the time, there are still places you'll still see silver in larger installations.
    You won't with it being black, everything stays hidden.

Crescendo Audio The Logical Choice
    Murdermat.com More Mils for less Bills

"Our freedom of speech includes volume"

Jaguar is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    214 Post(s)

That's what you wrote, that's not what I wrote. I wrote.

When I take into account pricing, Kno Knoise also seems to be a lot more pricey, at least compared to the affordability of some their other products which I have bought. Mostly wire. As for wire, I feel the KnuKonceptz Karma Twisted OFC wire and KnuKonceptz Twisted Pair Smoke RCA'S are top dog.

James 1:2-5 2 Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

That's what you wrote, that's not what I wrote. I wrote.

How does that even make any sense? Knu Knoise gives you more for less money than ANY other comparable deadener, and this doesn't compare to the affordability of some of its other products?

when i see small subs i just think of a girl, 12s = teenagers, 15s = man, 18 = King Kong Mandingo Warrior

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    214 Post(s)

How does that even make any sense? Knu Knoise gives you more for less money than ANY other comparable deadener, and this doesn't compare to the affordability of some of its other products?
    @Suicide Bobb If you like Kno Knoise that much go buy some. I won't, but my decision is not soley based on personal preference. I feel over-all I'm getting more out of MurderMat in several different respects, not even just one. Nobody here is trying to argue there are slight price differentials but you. Just between me and you, and Im trying to be completely honest my friend, if Knukoncepts and MurderMat both offered me 20-30 square feet of free deadener and I could only chose one, I would chose MurderMat without thinking twice.

Number 1: Your not going to see Knukoncepts give anything free to anyone. Number 2: The product looks generic as hell, who would but that in there car, even if it's completely hidden I'd still wake up at night knowing it's there. Number 3: I prefer the design and materials used in MurderMat for reasons of which I wrote in my review. Number 4: 0.20 vs 0.30 cent etc. ''slight price differentials" are not a determining factor for me, I would rather pay for the quality, materials, and design that went into MurderMat. Number 5: 100mil Kno Knoise, honestly, I rather have some 60-80 mill Audio Technix if it came down between the two. Number 6: I'm not trying to put down Knukoncepts, nor trying to make MM "seem" better. If you don't like MurderMat I could care less, don't buy it. Additionally if you prefer another product, go for it whatever you feel is best for you. Number 7: As far a the affordability of Knu's other products in comparison to it's deadener, namely wire which was the only point I made which
    concerned pricing. MurderMat vs. Kno Knoise pricing is not something I ever really brought up. That comment was in direct reference to Knukoncepts other products.
    All I can say is I remember buying a lot of good wire for an incredible price. Why can't they make Kno Knoise as affordable.

av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1254 Post(s)

@Suicide Bobb If you like Kno Knoise that much go buy some. I don't, but my decision is not soley based on personal preference. I feel over-all I'm getting more out of MurderMat in several different respects, not even just one. Nobody here is trying to argue there are slight price differentials but you. Just between me and you, and Im trying to be completely honest my friend, if Knukoncepts and MurderMat both offered me 20-30 square feet of free deadener and I could only chose one, I would chose MurderMat without thinking twice.

Number 1: Your not going to see Knukoncepts give anything free to anyone. Number 2: The product looks generic as hell, who would but that in there car, even if it's completely hidden I'd still wake up at night knowing it's there. Number 3: I prefer the design and materials used in MurderMat for reasons of which I wrote in my review. Number 4: 0.20 vs 0.30 cent etc. ''slight price differentials" are not a determining factor for me, I would rather pay for the quality, materials, and design that went into MurderMat, that goes for any other product mentioned. Number 5: 100mil Kno Knoise, honestly, I rather have some 60-80 mill Audio Technix if it came down between the two. Number 6: I'm not trying to put down Knukoncepts, nor trying to make MM seem better, if you don't like MurderMat I could care less, don't buy it. Additionally if you prefer another product, go for it whatever you feel is best for you. Number 7: As far a the affordability of Knu's other products in comparison to it's deadener, namely wire which was the only point I made concerning pricing, not MurderMat vs Kno Knoise, all I can say is I remember buying a lot of good wire for a great price, why can't they make Kno Knoise as affordable.

Pioneer 80prs
    Rockford Fosgate t800.4, CDT ES-MO 6 mids, Digital Designs T2 tweets
    2 MB Quart DSC1500.1's strapped on 1 Tantric HDD 12
    Mike Singer 310 amp 6 phase
    2 runs of Monster Cable 1/0

9. Likes NoPh33rRaCiNg, TheUnderFighter liked this post
    Dislikes Jaguar disliked this post
    CAT MAN is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2373 Post(s)

@Suicide Bobb If you like Kno Knoise that much go buy some. I won't, but my decision is not soley based on personal preference. I feel over-all I'm getting more out of MurderMat in several different respects, not even just one. Nobody here is trying to argue there are slight price differentials but you. Just between me and you, and Im trying to be completely honest my friend, if Knukoncepts and MurderMat both offered me 20-30 square feet of free deadener and I could only chose one, I would chose MurderMat without thinking twice.

Number 1: Your not going to see Knukoncepts give anything free to anyone. Number 2: The product looks generic as hell, who would but that in there car, even if it's completely hidden I'd still wake up at night knowing it's there. Number 3: I prefer the design and materials used in MurderMat for reasons of which I wrote in my review. Number 4: 0.20 vs 0.30 cent etc. ''slight price differentials" are not a determining factor for me, I would rather pay for the quality, materials, and design that went into MurderMat, that goes for any other product mentioned. Number 5: 100mil Kno Knoise, honestly, I rather have some 60-80 mill Audio Technix if it came down between the two. Number 6: I'm not trying to put down Knukoncepts, nor trying to make MM seem better, if you don't like MurderMat I could care less, don't buy it. Additionally if you prefer another product, go for it whatever you feel is best for you. Number 7: As far a the affordability of Knu's other products in comparison to it's deadener, namely wire which was the only point I made concerning pricing, not MurderMat vs Kno Knoise, all I can say is I remember buying a lot of good wire for a great price from Knukoncepts. Why can't they make Kno Knoise as affordable.
    lol lol

hahahaha

lmao

bahahahahahaha

rofl

11. Likes NoPh33rRaCiNg, TheUnderFighter liked this post
    slim2fattycake is offline rolling right along

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)

Number 1: Your not going to see Knukoncepts give anything free to anyone. Number 2: The product looks generic as hell, who would but that in there car, even if it's completely hidden I'd still wake up at night knowing it's there. Number 3: I prefer the design and materials used in MurderMat for reasons of which I wrote in my review. Number 4: 0.20 vs 0.30 cent etc. ''slight price differentials" are not a determining factor for me, I would rather pay for the quality, materials, and design that went into MurderMat. Number 5: 100mil Kno Knoise, honestly, I rather have some 60-80 mill Audio Technix if it came down between the two. Number 6: I'm not trying to put down Knukoncepts, nor trying to make MM "seem" better. If you don't like MurderMat I could care less, don't buy it. Additionally if you prefer another product, go for it whatever you feel is best for you. Number 7: As far a the affordability of Knu's other products in comparison to it's deadener, namely wire which was the only point I made concerning pricing, not MurderMat vs Kno Knoise. All I can say is I remember buying a lot of good wire for a great price from Knukoncepts. Why can't they make Kno Knoise as affordable.
    EVERYTHING you just based your "opinion" on was preference. Seriously, you are retarded. lol

SPL-Lab REP

Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.

13. Thanks Jerhemy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slim2fattycake View Post
    EVERYTHING you just based your "opinion" on was preference. Seriously, you are retarded. lol
    i think he knows this by now

15. Likes NoPh33rRaCiNg liked this post
    av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1254 Post(s)

@CAT MAN ; @Suicide Bobb ; ...careful, guys. I was given an ”infraction” by WD for insulting this guy.... after he had the nerve to insult pro rabbits intelligence.

Pioneer 80prs
    Rockford Fosgate t800.4, CDT ES-MO 6 mids, Digital Designs T2 tweets
    2 MB Quart DSC1500.1's strapped on 1 Tantric HDD 12
    Mike Singer 310 amp 6 phase
    2 runs of Monster Cable 1/0

17. Likes TheUnderFighter liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    214 Post(s)

Icon30 Re: MurderMat vs Dynamat, FatMat, SecondSkin and Audio Technix

Personal attacks have nothing to do with this thread or the current discussion. Your guys issues are with yourselves, not me, and you 3-4 guys derail every thread
    I comment on and have become obsessed. You stalk my every post, even old threads, been that way for months. If any of that bothered my I would have stopped
    logging in months ago. Same 3 or 4 guys every-time. If you disagree make your points and move along, don't troll on this thread we are trying to have a discussion.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2373 Post(s)

nothing personal. You're an idiot.

20. Likes NoPh33rRaCiNg liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

@<b><a href="http://www.caraudio.com/forums/member.php?u=76749" target="_blank">Suicide Bobb</a></b> If you like Kno Knoise that much go buy some. I won't, but my decision is not soley based on personal preference. I feel over-all I'm getting more out of MurderMat in several different respects, not even just one. Nobody here is trying to argue there are slight price differentials but you. Just between me and you, and Im trying to be completely honest my friend, if Knukoncepts and MurderMat both offered me 20-30 square feet of free deadener and I could only chose one, I would chose MurderMat without thinking twice.

Number 1: Your not going to see Knukoncepts give anything free to anyone. Number 2: The product looks generic as hell, who would but that in there car, even if it's completely hidden I'd still wake up at night knowing it's there. Number 3: I prefer the design and materials used in MurderMat for reasons of which I wrote in my review. Number 4: 0.20 vs 0.30 cent etc. ''slight price differentials" are not a determining factor for me, I would rather pay for the quality, materials, and design that went into MurderMat. Number 5: 100mil Kno Knoise, honestly, I rather have some 60-80 mill Audio Technix if it came down between the two. Number 6: I'm not trying to put down Knukoncepts, nor trying to make MM "seem" better. If you don't like MurderMat I could care less, don't buy it. Additionally if you prefer another product, go for it whatever you feel is best for you. Number 7: As far a the affordability of Knu's other products in comparison to it's deadener, namely wire which was the only point I made which
    concerned pricing. MurderMat vs. Kno Knoise pricing is not something I ever really brought up. That comment was in direct reference to Knukoncepts other products.
    All I can say is I remember buying a lot of good wire for an incredible price. Why can't they make Kno Knoise as affordable.

22. Likes CAT MAN, martiandancer31 liked this post
    Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1555 Post(s)

:facepalm:

Closed Thread