Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Reload Thread: MurderMat vs Dynamat, FatMat, SecondSkin and Audio Technix

cyn
    cyn is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Re: MurderMat vs Dynamat, FatMat, SecondSkin and Audio Technix

Want to do a real test? Check out on AT or Alpha Damps sites at how they test theirs? maybe do a heat test... a vibration text on a 12x12 metal sheet, with a 4x4 piece of the mm, stuff like that...

2007 Chevy Impala LT
    HU: Clarion CZ500 Front Speakers: CDT HD6.1
    Sub: 15" SSA ICON Box: 3.6 cubes net tuned to 32hz Amp: Sub: ED NINE.1 / Front Stage: American Bass Hybrid 4chan
    [COLOR="red"]Sold To: Traded With : Bah ask around a lot of fscking people period.

jaeguerra909 is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

this kids a moron lol agh man funny stuff right here thanks for the mils graph thats about it im prtty sure it has alot more to do with then mils cuz rattle trap extreme says its 80 mil and that shits garbage i bought some stp atlantic 80 mil and that stuff is thick as hellllllll

Hu:pioneer deh-prs80
    Eq:audiocontrol three.2
    Substage:4 sundown zv4 18s
    Front stage:6 pwx 6.5's 2 pwx 8's and 4 obaidian st1 tweeters
    Sub amp:sundown saz 5000d
    Front stage amp:sundown sax 125.4

TaylorFade is offline I fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

The only "mils" that matter are the ones that indicate the thickness of the constraining layer (foil). You can have 1,000 mils of substrate and 1mil of foil and all you're doing is mass loading. And if you wanted to do that, you can just go grab some peel n' seal or FatMat rattle trap that's $1/ft.

Glad you're pleased with the product though. It's nice to have another $6/ft deadener to choose from :rollseyes:

Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

4. Thanks Flex68 thanked for this post
    Likes sacsking916 liked this post
    Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

I like it cuz it looks purty

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

tprj82 is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Wow this is a shame, We have a new company trying to break in the market and actually give some people some products, Yet every time jag opens his mouth he brings down mm with him. Even if mm is no better then everything else out there and they are something new to the market that at least looks different then the industry standard. I just know one of the requirements of winning this product was having a good attitude yet this guy is the most flammable thing on ca.com right now. Seems like every topic he is in, turns into a troll session from people here. If you dont feed the trolls they have nothing, If you really wanna help mm jag keep your mouth shut install the product take pics of it in there say "it stop my rattle issues here, here, and here" and every once and while say hey its still standing strong.

2006 Bass Race 149.9 World Finals 2nd place

My references

7. Thanks Jerhemy thanked for this post
    Likes av83, Jerhemy liked this post
    Jaguar is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Icon14 Re: MurderMat vs Dynamat, FatMat, SecondSkin and Audio Technix

@tprj82 I understand what your saying, and I share your concern but, if you take a careful look a what I wrote and how others responded given, this
    happened to a versus thread, it's not unusual for people to disagree or even feel a need to express there is more to sound deadener than what I wrote.
    It's a discussion, and the thread was created for the purpose of discussion nothing more. Some people offered up some good points despite disagreeing
    and others were there usual selves. One or two people straight up trolled (LIKE av83, who has a tendency to be boisterous and stalks me on caraudio.com),
    but that happens a LOT on car-audio.com. You should never let people like that get to you. Don't fall for it. I like MuderMat, It's obvious, OK I think the CO.
    is outstanding, I think everyone gets that, but by no means whatsoever by creating a graph out of just a little excitement for the product after an install
    was it my intention to make other products look bad or even necessarily make MurderMat look the best. All I ask is that people read what I wrote carefully,
    and look and see how others responded given the content, thank you.

James 1:2-5 2 Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience
    have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing
    . 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all
    liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him

slim2fattycake is offline rolling right along

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    The only "mils" that matter are the ones that indicate the thickness of the constraining layer (foil). You can have 1,000 mils of substrate and 1mil of foil and all you're doing is mass loading. And if you wanted to do that, you can just go grab some peel n' seal or FatMat rattle trap that's $1/ft.

Glad you're pleased with the product though. It's nice to have another $6/ft deadener to choose from :rollseyes:
    Or use bricks. People always use this shit in the wrong application.

PS- SDS ftw :P

SPL-Lab REP

Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.

10. Likes denim, Suicide Bobb liked this post
    Flex68 is offline dilligaf

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Opie,
    I think maybe ur heart was in the right place when you did the graph. Unfortunately, just as Taylor pointed out, overall thickness isn't the be-all, end-all: the thickness of the constraining layer is a much better indicator of the deadening property of the product. And, as WD noted, all butyl is not designed equally, anyway.
    Regardless, you're going down the long and tuff path by attempting to do this sort of comparison...plus you're chasing Don's coattails, as he has already invested far more effort and expense than most ever will in real-world testing and research.
    There is a reason for saying SDS FTMFW !

Would you be willing to get samples of all these products and bake them to see at what temp the adhesive fails, or the butyl melts, or the constraining layer uncouples, etc ad nauseum? Much less weighing them, measuring the foil, doing RTA comparisons of percentage sound deadening on sheet metal?
    I am guessing not.

Likely better just to regroup, and sorta follow the advice offered by tprj...

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    Romney will [fornicate] me less than Obama already has and WAY less than what Obama has planned.
    Refs: adamtwo4, basscort2009, burzendowski, clanassa, cthedinger, ikoolguy, its_bacon12, Jew_Bagel, jr711, kreapin, kowboy, Rudy, TheRealDefman, Winter_C

HU:Eclipse CD7200 MkII
    Subs: Fack Skar Audio
    Front comps: HAT Clarus C61-2 off Sony ES 7547
    Electrical: C&D batt, Big 3 with 1/0, 4ga to amps, Stinger RCA’s
    Damping: 60mil FG panels over holes, full worx from SDS

12. Thanks Jaguar thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Thanks @flex that would really be something if I had samples of each of the brands products to test them out, but even if I did I realize I don't
    have the experience to do it properly, aside from personal opinion. Honestly I was just kind of excited about the product. After I tore out my trunk,
    I felt as if I was faced with the daunting task to install all the MurderMat properly, I had never done it before but you know what it ended up not
    only being easy, but enjoyable as well. I had a little extra time on my hands, and that's when I decided to make the bar graph. I thought people
    would like it. I'm sure someone out there appreciates the effort.

James 1:2-5 2 Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Icon31 Re: MurderMat vs Dynamat, FatMat, SecondSkin and Audio Technix

Here is what my research on Constraining layers yielded. I have not had that much personal experience with sound deadeners, but I thought
    the 2 mil thick vinyl top layer over the 5mil BL and 8mil MDK versions of MurderMat was unique. My girlfriend who used to DJ told me it was
    vinyl, otherwise I would probably not have recognized it. I felt it helped prevent a lot of cuts and tears as opposed to other sound deadeners
    named who for the most part top layer is just foil. If I'm mistaken about that, im sure someone will let me know..

JAG

Last edited by Jaguar; 10-02-2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: annotation

Flex68 is offline dilligaf

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Like a bulldog.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    Romney will [fornicate] me less than Obama already has and WAY less than what Obama has planned.
    Refs: adamtwo4, basscort2009, burzendowski, clanassa, cthedinger, ikoolguy, its_bacon12, Jew_Bagel, jr711, kreapin, kowboy, Rudy, TheRealDefman, Winter_C

HU:Eclipse CD7200 MkII
    Subs: Fack Skar Audio
    Front comps: HAT Clarus C61-2 off Sony ES 7547
    Electrical: C&D batt, Big 3 with 1/0, 4ga to amps, Stinger RCA’s
    Damping: 60mil FG panels over holes, full worx from SDS

whitedragon551 is online now Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Here is what my research on Constraining layers yielded. I have not had that much personal experience with sound deadeners, but I thought
    the 2 mil thick vinyl top layer over the 5mil BL and 8mil MDK versions of MurderMat was unique. My girlfriend who used to DJ told me it was
    vinyl, otherwise I would probably not have recognized it. It felt it helped prevent a lot of cuts and tears as opposed to other sound deadeners
    named who for the most part top layer is just foil. If I'm mistaken about that, im sure someone will let me know..

JAG
    Your DJ girlfriend doesnt know anything about car audio applications. The butyl layer is there because it takes the energy from vibrations absorbs them and that energy turns into heat. Its then dissipated through the aluminum layer of foil. Without that butyl layer or aluminum foil it doesnt work. Thats why Peel N Seal sucks.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

17. Thanks sacsking916 thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Icon14 Re: MurderMat vs Dynamat, FatMat, SecondSkin and Audio Technix

Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    Your DJ girlfriend doesnt know anything about car audio applications. The butyl layer is there because it takes the energy from vibrations absorbs them and that energy turns into heat. Its then dissipated through the aluminum layer of foil. Without that butyl layer or aluminum foil it doesn't work. Thats why Peel N Seal sucks.
    I never said my girlfriend knew anything about car audio-applications or anything remotely like it. I simply stated she recognized the top layer of MurderMat
    was vinyl. Also I never once broke down or even remotely argued how sound deadener works. I have been studying up on sound deadener a lot lately so I
    already knew that, but regardless I'd like to thank you for that explanation. This post here by audioholic seemed to help a lot, for anyone that's interested
    in learning more about how sound deadener works check it out. The information is broken down on SDS site helped plenty.

ewadz3006 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

my question is this jag, if you hadn't won would you have bought murdermat? would you still be promoting them the way you are? to put this lightly your swinging pretty hard.
    I guess i would be wound up about winning too, but ****.

I feel sorry for those who do not drink, when they wake up on the morning that's the best they're going to feel all day.-Frank Sinatra

2004 mercury mountaineer
    Hu Kenwood excelon x996
    Fronts Incriminator audio comps
    Front amp Aq 120.4
    sub amp Aq2200d
    subs 2 sundown sa 12's @ 32hz
    wiring knu 1/0 ofc

20. Likes CAT MAN liked this post
    CHEMMINS is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Wow....I'm gonna make a deadener that has a minimum 1" of butyl, and 10 gauge foil on it.....it will make it the thickest, most bestest deadener ever.

References:
    kmarei, ge_off_me, AudioPipe, slim2fattycake, Louisiana_CRX, ARMed&Bangin, EXTREMECHEVYMAN, Dpc69ss, Psychoacoustics, Shinju, jonny101abc, snoopdan

BUYING SILVER TOP TRF MOTORS

22. Likes subzero liked this post
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast