User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: FS/FT Maine Maple Surup (Grade A: Light, Medium, Dark, and Extra Dark) all sizes

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FS/FT Maine Maple Surup (Grade A: Light, Medium, Dark, and Extra Dark) all sizes

Throwing it out there. I just broke into the maple syrup business and have about a hundred gallons to sell. Made this myself up in Maine this spring. All colors are really great tasting.

prices are + shipping + paypal fees (no fees if you do check/money order/trade)
    Gallon 50$
    Half Gallon 27$
    Quart 15$
    Pint 8$

Best prices around on good quality sugar. Will consider any kind of trade that I can use or re-sell.

pic related, me in front of a huge *** maple tree.

JL Audio is offline ThugStep

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: FS/FT Maine Maple Surup (Grade A: Light, Medium, Dark, and Extra Dark) all siz

i'm going to mention this to my grandparents, i'm sure they'd purchase some though i have no idea the different between dark and light syrups.

JarvisB is offline JarvisB

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: FS/FT Maine Maple Surup (Grade A: Light, Medium, Dark, and Extra Dark) all siz

i would like to purchase some next month if possible.

I am a pancake/waffle freak so I definitely could appreciate good maple syrup. Back in old days, my grandma would give me some top stuff to eat after I wake up in the morning.

got any pics? just want to see color.

CRXBMPN is offline ---> TEAM B.L.O. ME <---

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice pick up, I see local Maine Maple Syrup in MAINE STORES selling for $15-20 a jar... its crazy.

Team Bass Lovers Of MainE/The Loud Crowd/CentralMaineBassHeads
    2k5 SLAP Stock 2 National Champion - I feel old...!
    1991 CRX, 2 x SAZ3000d's, Batcap 4000, couple other batts, 2 x FI BL 10's - 152.7 dash/155.1 outlaw

CRXBMPN is offline ---> TEAM B.L.O. ME <---

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah you came up this way recently didnt you? the maple sugar business this year took a big hit due to the weather anomaly, so prices are even higher than usual

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    oh yeah you came up this way recently didnt you? the maple sugar business this year took a big hit due to the weather anomaly, so prices are even higher than usual
    Yep. It was a rough year (got too warm too fast and no re-freeze to lighten things up). Southern Maine, NH, and VT did about 20% of their normal crop. Central and northern Maine did about 40-50%. Canada had a just slightly lower than normal year and since they do about 85% of the worlds supply prices won't be shocked too badly. More than anything prices are going up due to increased worldwide demand and ever increasing costs of everything (inflation). At this point our total junk quality stuff wholesales for appx 38$ a gallon (and is used to flavor chewing tobacco LOL)

I'll probably have some for a while and can probably get more at the same prices from the guy I worked with this year if I run out and someone needs some.

This is NOT mine, but a stock photo showing grades. Mine is primarily in plastic jugs. Keep in mind this is held to the light so might look lighter or darker depending where it is, but this is a rough idea.

I ONLY have gallons of grade A Light(fancy) I have more sizes of other grades mostly dark.

Long and the short is the darker it is the stronger the maple flavor (sort of like the difference between normal olive oil and the light-extra virgin). On Maine Maple Sunday we sold a LOT of dark and extra dark since that's what we were boiling all day and handing out samples of.

Vermont grade B is called "Grade A Extra Dark" in Maine grading (just the way each state writes it's rules). I personally tasted everything we bottled to sell and even the dark stuff that I'm selling has a great flavor.

SO I have pretty much all sizes of medium, dark, and extra dark, and gallons of light. Everything is bottled at a state certified sugarhouse, we use modern equipment, a 7 layer filter press, and bottle everything at 180 degrees for sterility and shelf life.

****Edit**** I did shave since the picture.... I look like someone who has a basement full of cut up hookers in that pic....

RJesus is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I never thought I'd see something like this on these forums.

What tastes the 'best' ?? I have no idea what 'more maple' tastes like lol. Which flavor do you prefer?

sold to: fatboyracing, Plottin4success, MrSplorDie
    bought from:RumbleNTheTrunk, lmllopez, SWFL, mobeious, woofercooker, kroid777, bubbagumper6, uglydimple12, dacheatham, canyouhearmatt
    traded with: funandgames, Jh8909, lincolntc690 OWES ME AN IPOD ADAPTER, MikeyF

Feedback thread:
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443430

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RJesus View Post
    lol, I never thought I'd see something like this on these forums.

What tastes the 'best' ?? I have no idea what 'more maple' tastes like lol. Which flavor do you prefer?

I like them all, I could liken the difference to that of regular olive oil and extra virgin. The lighter has a more subtle flavor and the darker a more bold flavor. I've used each for my personal and they're all tasty. I find I prefer the lighter on ice cream or to just take a chug off the bottle, but all are good for breakfasts (pancakes/waffles/frech toast/oat meal/etc.). If I were using it for cooking/pies/sauces I'd use the darker to actually get some maple flavor through into the food.

Oh, and BUMP

I'm out of half gallon sizes, but I can still do the price and just send you 2 quarts or 4 pints or something.

GearGuy2001 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it spoil, like once I open it for the first time do I only have so many days before its "bad"?

Just curious for ordering bigger quantities

Team D.O.A.
    2009 BMW 335xi
    System to come?
    References: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4811364

revrider1 is offline Hmmm...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting... Is it good?

Oh6AcCoRd is offline they call me salad

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in maine, if anyone wants pics of a local mill i can prolly get some. Its sooo good. The only thing i dislike about it is that once you have some, it makes Aunt Jemima Syrup looook sooo bad. Its delicious. I live less than 10 minutes away from 3 sugar houses. Pretty good stuff

12. 08-03-2010

Banned

Closed Thread