Reload Thread: FS: 2 year old Compaq Presario laptop

rtillaree is offline F***, Strong

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FS: 2 year old Compaq Presario laptop

this might not sell, but it's just laying around...

For sale I have a 2 year old Compaq Presario R3000, I haven’t used this laptop for about 6 months or more, it was primarily a travel laptop until my company upgraded us to new models and I no longer had to bring my own with me. This laptop served me very well for the majority of time that I used it…

It features a P4 (3.0GHZ, 512KB L2 CACHE 800MHZ FSB) processor, upgraded to 768mb of ram, 80 GB hard drive, wireless 802.11b/g built in, 15.4” WXGA High-Definition BRIGHTVIEW widescreen display (an awesome screen, one of the best ever on a laptop), DVD ROM/DVD+RW, Multi-Media reader and an extra large upgraded battery. It has a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro which isn’t a pirate version, but a corporate version installed by an IT guy at work, so I don’t have the disc, the only item included is the power supply and the drivers for certain items need to be downloaded and installed for optimal performance, like video driver and so on.

There is however a problem with this laptop, it overheats. This was a huge problem with many Compaq and HP models featuring the P4 processor. Unfortunately this laptop will not run for more than 20 minutes or so once it heats up. But if you keep it properly ventilated and run a fan to it, it works flawlessly…they sell laptop cooling fans at any electronics store for $20 or so…i ran a targus model on this and it never overheated on me with the fan running...

A good thing about this laptop is that many of the replacement parts like the screen, or the casing, keyboard etc. can be purchased on ebay for cheap, so if anything goes wrong with any one part you can most likely find it on there for a good price…

$250 + shipping final price
    Last edited by rtillaree; 08-01-2007 at 01:00 PM.

CA.COM REFERENCES:
    Bought From:
    flakko, krouchchocolate, djdilliodon, Mountaineer Man, delvryboy, j3bus2k3, THXdts, htownplaya456, rawdogj, xplorerdonon22s, danteBirosel, bgdre12, GateWay, ultimate157, Drich79, IonSQL, kasimo420 (x2)

Sold To:
    Wkbdkid, the_franchise, euro2ned, bryce-man, mike dressure, dbman150, jailhouseracer8, DaBeholder, gammey4, soundblast1, shiipseki, mr Tibbs, the727kid, woc47, bchandler, branden, amedeuce, MustangGT25YRS, fordtough1, 04oilburner, Hellbound Train, Dimon74

Traded With:
    irnotfob, wizkid, alxmlr789, Flipx99, Twistid

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: FS: 2 year old Compaq Presario laptop

ttt

CA.COM REFERENCES:
    Bought From:
    flakko, krouchchocolate, djdilliodon, Mountaineer Man, delvryboy, j3bus2k3, THXdts, htownplaya456, rawdogj, xplorerdonon22s, danteBirosel, bgdre12, GateWay, ultimate157, Drich79, IonSQL, kasimo420 (x2)

Sold To:
    Wkbdkid, the_franchise, euro2ned, bryce-man, mike dressure, dbman150, jailhouseracer8, DaBeholder, gammey4, soundblast1, shiipseki, mr Tibbs, the727kid, woc47, bchandler, branden, amedeuce, MustangGT25YRS, fordtough1, 04oilburner, Hellbound Train, Dimon74

Traded With:

chaunb3400 is offline I ship faster than you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

any trades?? Got a Alpha 12 or a DD3515 with ur name on it...

I can help you ship your heavy items pm me

Also i collect subs oh yeah only 15's

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...00#post2943100

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i might know some one who will buy that and i mey even buy that i will get bakc to you if the other person wants it

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

keep in mind that APPARENTLY the issue with the overheating can be corrected by cleaning out a filter around the heatsink. i attempted this months back, but it continued to overheat, so maybe i didn't do it correctly...a member pm'd me and confirmed what i had been told in the past, so i figured i would let you all know...this issue can be researched at nauseum, there are tons of forums with fixes for this overheating problem...

CA.COM REFERENCES:
    Bought From:

Sold To:

Traded With:

Scoobydoo is offline POOPSIE McSQUIRTYSHORTS

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if i get my mileage reimbursment check in the mail before it is sold i will take it

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

let me know...im getting some horrible offers so far....

ttt

CA.COM REFERENCES:
    Bought From:

Sold To:

Traded With:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ttt

CA.COM REFERENCES:
    Bought From:

Sold To:

Traded With:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ttt

CA.COM REFERENCES:
    Bought From:

Sold To:

Traded With:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ttt

CA.COM REFERENCES:
    Bought From:

Sold To:

Traded With:

jnoel is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

not to thread dump or anythign but if you got it fixed you would probally get alot more money from it..people are jsut probally worried....cause if it was fixed i would of bought it

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well considering that the problem can be fixed by a mere cleaning, its not really that big of deal, it will take some time to open everything up properly, but its really not difficult. i attempted it once, but i guess i failed to complete the job...everyone on the forums i have read and have talked to in person says that it works...plus ive gotten a few pm's from people confirming this...

i just don't have the time to mess with it right now, plus i just want to get rid of it...

CA.COM REFERENCES:
    Bought From:

Sold To:

Traded With:

soundblast1 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ill buy it man 250 shipped?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the laptop is spoken for at this time...should anything happen i will re-post it...

CA.COM REFERENCES:
    Bought From:

Sold To:

Traded With:

Closed Thread