As some of you know, I just got a new (well not new, but new to me ) car. That being said, I talked to my mom today and we decided to just sell the Cutlass since we can't really afford to keep insurance on a car that probably won't get very much use from us.
More pictures are going to be up tomorrow, as I only really have 1 picture of it right now. I have to be at work in an hour and have some stuff to do beforehand.
Kelly Blue Book Values Copied and Pasted:
Asking Price: $1000 USD FIRM.
Location: Greensboro, NC (i'm home from school for the summer)
The only thing I ask is that you find a way to get it home. If its really that much of a problem, then let me know and maybe we can come to a resolution.
-1993 Cutlass Supreme
-Teal / Aquateal exterior
-Navy interior (very dark blue)
-Automatic V6 3.1liter engine
-Gets about 21 city/28 highway gas mileage
-Power door locks, power windows, cruise control.
-Cassette player. Sorry guys, i'm taking out the cda-9856 and selling it, as well as the small alpine amp and 6x9s.
The car is mechanically sound THAT I KNOW OF. I've been driving the car since about April of last year, and it has been absolutely wonderful, and trust me, i'm not saying that just to sell it. We've had a total of 3 VERY SMALL repairs done to it in over a year. I just put in a brand new battery, it was actually one of the better batteries at Auto Zone, had around 600 CCA if I remember correctly, cost $70 including the core discount. The battery was bad because of the system I put in and nothing else. We refilled the freon about 8-10 months ago, and we replaced the power steering belt AND the A/C blower motor July of last year.
If you really want to get it checked out, I am not sure how long the insurance is going to be on it but act fast and I won't mind at all. A month down the road, there will be no way to drive it as the insurance will most likely be gone. I am not hiding anything so take it to whatever mechanic you want to.
The car idles like a dream, the transmission changes gears smoother than silk, and doesn't burn oil A BIT -- which i've had a lot of trouble with with past cars that I have owned. The engine runs strong. The oil has been changed very regularly, and will also have a fresh oil change when it gets to you, as well as a fresh inspection done about a month ago. The rear tires were replaced not too long ago, and they have a good amount of tread left on them. The front tires have at least another few months before they will need to be changed. The brakes were just done about 4-5 months ago I do believe. I have the paperwork somewhere in my car, I just have to find it. AC gets cold, heater works as well.
Stuff that doesnt work:
Everything has been like this since I got it, I didn't mind at all.
1) Driver's door lock is broken. The car came to me in this way, and I just got used to it. You can't use the key to unlock the driver's side door, you have to unlock the passenger door and then unlock the drivers door from the inside or just leave it unlocked at all times... or get a new lock. It takes 2 seconds to unlock.
2) Coolant sensor is broken. The coolant light on the dash flashes on and off repeatedly. Its not very bright and its ittermittent, so its not a big deal. Doesnt even bother me at all, which is why it never got fixed. Even when you fill the coolant up, it still flashes. Just keep a check on it and you will be fine.
3) The power door locks for some reason dont work, and the interior light doesnt cut on, maybe a bulb or something. Power windows work just fine.
4) The hood latch is broken, which is why you see that wire hanging out of the hood. That wire is the new hood latch, my dad did a custom install. You can tuck it under the hood if it embarrases you.
NOTHING is mechanical, its all stupid little stuff.
Overall the paint could be better. The paint itself is in good condition for being 14 years old, but there are other things wrong with it. It has some minor rust spots in some places *nothing major* and some scratches/dings, and key marks where assholes apparently have no respect for other peoples cars. The rust spots are in usual locations, not like on the doors or anything. No major bodywork needs to be done, like I said just little tiny dings and what not.
All in all, in my opinion its a great car for $1000. It has been completely reliable for me, and for someone who needs a good, cheap car, i'm sure it will be just as good of a car for them.
Shoot me a pm and ill give u my phone number if you want to discuss anything, or get up with me on AIM. I check both multiple times a day.
At this second, this is the only picture I have, next to the new car!
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ELSE, LET ME KNOW!!!!
Edit 1 (6/28/07) - More accurate repair data:
- Inspection on 5/15/07.
- Battery replaced 5/11/2007. Duralast 75-DL.
Copied from autozone's site: *** 650 Cold cranking Amps (810 cranking Amps) *** -> 2 year free replacement <- 32.0lbs.
Still have receipt, if you need an exchange or whatever.
- Tires / Balance on 8/16/2006.
- Serpentine Belt and A/C Blower motor replaced on 7/21/06.
I have done other repairs to it as well but will add those exact dates when I find receipts.