User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44

Reload Thread: 20gb iPod((needs repair))

  1. #1
    LeofromtheH's Avatar
    LeofromtheH is offline sneaker head



    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    houston,TX
    Posts
    3,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    20gb iPod((needs repair))

    For sale is a 4th gen white 20gb iPod. I tried selling it when it was working but i think it got damaged in shipping somehow and i didn't insure it . I'm not entirely sure whats' wrong with it or what needs to be fixed, i just don't feel like sending it in or finding someone to fix it etc etc. When plugged into the computer, the system doesn't recognize it, and when you try to power it up, it shows the apple logo for afew seconds, then shows the folder with exclamation point with "apple.com/support" below, then shuts off.

    anyhow, looking for 45 shipped. payments can be made by either money order or through paypal. add 3% for paypal fees if one decides to go that route.

    some pics








  2. #2
    LeofromtheH's Avatar
    LeofromtheH is offline sneaker head

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    houston,TX
    Posts
    3,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 20gb iPod((needs repair))

    ^^^




  3. #3
    Hintzyboy's Avatar
    Hintzyboy is offline Sparks mean its working!



    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Baraboo, WI
    Posts
    7,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 20gb iPod((needs repair))

    just needs to be reset and updated. My sister's nano was doing the same thing a few months ago. Just go to http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61003, follow the steps, and it should work again.



    Refs:
    CarAudio.com: SlickRick, CubanAffection, trevor87, BigBirney420, Apollyon, Dinty01, TeamPSI, QtrHorse (x2), 6spdcoupe, Siddle, Smokingachicken, MisterGrubbs, Fast1One, MiniVanMan(x2), Jntar, blackbonnie, tigerf117, kasimo420, blaze383, XaznKewLguyX, SRim23, RidnClean, Team H&K, djvi0lent, jeeper07, turboaudi
    DIYMA: snaimpally
    CA.com Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327860
    Ebay Feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=hintzyboy79

  4. #4
    PepsiFiend69's Avatar
    PepsiFiend69 is offline snatchbuckler



    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, OH/Paoli, PA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 20gb iPod((needs repair))

    apple store=Free brand new ipod


    i had that exact problem with mine, just take it there, they'll tell you what's wrong and give you a new one, i was in and out in about 10 minutes.


    just thought i'd throw it out to ya.


    bump



    Quote Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
    True, but Honda's offer little to no help in the pursuit of the elusive N. American Beaver.

  5. #5
    LeofromtheH's Avatar
    LeofromtheH is offline sneaker head

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    houston,TX
    Posts
    3,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 20gb iPod((needs repair))

    Quote Originally Posted by Hintzyboy View Post
    just needs to be reset and updated. My sister's nano was doing the same thing a few months ago. Just go to http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61003, follow the steps, and it should work again.
    tried that multiple times but keeps doing same thing. even personi had sold it too had the same problem so i had him just send it back to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by PepsiFiend69 View Post
    apple store=Free brand new ipod


    i had that exact problem with mine, just take it there, they'll tell you what's wrong and give you a new one, i was in and out in about 10 minutes.


    just thought i'd throw it out to ya.


    bump
    it's no longer under warranty so when i tried to see how much it would cost to get it fixed, which i think it may be the harddrive, applestore online quoted for 280ish plus shipping for repair. are u suggesting i take it into a retail store? i wasn't aware that they had a store soley for apple products




  6. #6
    Pitchblack98's Avatar
    Pitchblack98 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 20gb iPod((needs repair))

    Is in an Ipod Photo or just a regular Ipod. I might take it off your hands. lmk




  7. #7
    PepsiFiend69's Avatar
    PepsiFiend69 is offline snatchbuckler



    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, OH/Paoli, PA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 20gb iPod((needs repair))

    Quote Originally Posted by LeofromtheH View Post

    it's no longer under warranty so when i tried to see how much it would cost to get it fixed, which i think it may be the harddrive, applestore online quoted for 280ish plus shipping for repair. are u suggesting i take it into a retail store? i wasn't aware that they had a store soley for apple products


    yeah there are apple stores.. there might not be one close. the closest one to me was about an hour. but yeah, i dont even think they checked the warranty on mine, just told me what was wrong, had me sign a paper stating it was fixed by certified apple tech. then they gave me a brand new one.



    Quote Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
    True, but Honda's offer little to no help in the pursuit of the elusive N. American Beaver.

  8. #8
    DjiNN's Avatar
    DjiNN is offline Posts but still a NooB



    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 20gb iPod((needs repair))

    Quote Originally Posted by PepsiFiend69 View Post
    yeah there are apple stores.. there might not be one close. the closest one to me was about an hour. but yeah, i dont even think they checked the warranty on mine, just told me what was wrong, had me sign a paper stating it was fixed by certified apple tech. then they gave me a brand new one.
    hahahaha so thye just b.s'd to the coporate saying they fixed it and just gave you a new one. LMAO



    Vehicle : Subaru Impreza 2010


    Refs : 6spdcoupe, gl0ck

  9. #9
    Untouchable11's Avatar
    Untouchable11 is offline Yellow Ledbetter



    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Central IL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,622
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 20gb iPod((needs repair))

    Quote Originally Posted by DjiNN View Post
    hahahaha so thye just b.s'd to the coporate saying they fixed it and just gave you a new one. LMAO
    Yep, just did it with my Nano.

    I've had three iPods. All three have failed, and been replaced.



    References: Blados, sbacaprice305, Mr. Loki (3), trn
    sephiroth619, bobo244, kmart fan6, canadiancav, FRITO, HincklNutt, SSS 18734, nikosbuddy, Loud3, chaarlieee, negative3five, pwnt by pat, James Bang, bimma85

  10. #10
    LeofromtheH's Avatar
    LeofromtheH is offline sneaker head

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    houston,TX
    Posts
    3,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 20gb iPod((needs repair))

    Quote Originally Posted by PepsiFiend69 View Post
    yeah there are apple stores.. there might not be one close. the closest one to me was about an hour. but yeah, i dont even think they checked the warranty on mine, just told me what was wrong, had me sign a paper stating it was fixed by certified apple tech. then they gave me a brand new one.
    how did u find out where the apple stores were? does it say on there website?




  11. #11
    JunkTitleGolf's Avatar
    JunkTitleGolf is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Corydon, IN
    Posts
    156
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 20gb iPod((needs repair))

    Why not take it to a place like walmart with all cables and stuff say you lost the receipt and can't find the packaging but it doesn't work anymore and need a new one. If you still want to sell I am interested.




  12. #12
    LeofromtheH's Avatar
    LeofromtheH is offline sneaker head

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    houston,TX
    Posts
    3,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 20gb iPod((needs repair))

    Quote Originally Posted by JunkTitleGolf View Post
    Why not take it to a place like walmart with all cables and stuff say you lost the receipt and can't find the packaging but it doesn't work anymore and need a new one. If you still want to sell I am interested.
    because all i have is the ipod and headphones. either way, they'll probably just give me store credit if anything since i don't have a recipt

    and yes, it is still for sale as is




  13. #13
    JimJ's Avatar
    JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    31,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 20gb iPod((needs repair))

    All three have failed, and been replaced.
    Says something about Apple quality, no?





  14. #14
    PepsiFiend69's Avatar
    PepsiFiend69 is offline snatchbuckler



    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, OH/Paoli, PA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 20gb iPod((needs repair))

    Quote Originally Posted by LeofromtheH View Post
    how did u find out where the apple stores were? does it say on there website?
    yes sir.



    Quote Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
    True, but Honda's offer little to no help in the pursuit of the elusive N. American Beaver.

  15. #15
    LeofromtheH's Avatar
    LeofromtheH is offline sneaker head

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    houston,TX
    Posts
    3,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: 20gb iPod((needs repair))

    bummmp




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum