Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Reload Thread: First KnuKonceptz Purchase

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: First KnuKonceptz Purchase

Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    I'll be running an eclipse 36501 and its fused to 50A. I'll be way under the rated draw of both wires.

Btw I'll be testing some AT OFC 4ga since I just placed an order with Coleman. Also picked up a new pair of RCAs and splitters. It'll be N interesting comparison because the AT is a slightly smaller strand count.
    You have Knu 4ga OFC as well? Or comparing it to the Knu 1/0ga CCA you have? I'm still undecided on whether I want to go with Knu or AT for my spring build either. I've dealt with Coleman so I may go that route just because of that. Or maybe I should get a 5ft piece of each before I get a 50ft roll? Hmm, decisions. Anyway, let me know what you think of both.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    You have Knu 4ga OFC as well? Or comparing it to the Knu 1/0ga CCA you have? I'm still undecided on whether I want to go with Knu or AT for my spring build either. I've dealt with Coleman so I may go that route just because of that. Or maybe I should get a 5ft piece of each before I get a 50ft roll? Hmm, decisions. Anyway, let me know what you think of both.
    I'll let you know. Comparing the AT OFC 4ga to the Knu 0ga CCA, even though it's kind of a one-sided fist fight lol. I'm using the 0ga as ground since it's just wrapped up in my trunk anyway and routing the 4ga AT for power. I would have done 0ga OFC/CCA, but didn't want to spend another 20 bucks getting a new fuse holder. Perhaps when I step up to a dual amp setup (or my Leviathan, you know...).

Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

argenis69 is offline SQ Bass Lover

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Guys one question, Which is the best quality 0 gauge power wire of KNU? Thanks

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Most will say Kolossus because it's OFC and can handle an extra 50a of current draw, but for the price the CCA is unbelievably awesome. I have it as the ground for my amp now and LOVE how flexible that stuff is. Plus it doesn't shed like crazy when you strip the insulation off for crimping to a ring terminal.

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I appreciate the answer, but I'm looking to get the best and fastest current wire possible. Can you PM the link for that item? Thanks

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by argenis69 View Post
    Guys one question, Which is the best quality 0 gauge power wire of KNU? Thanks
    Kolossus. Do a search on google to find it. Reason is not only does it handle more amperage, but more importantly it is less resistant.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Speed of current flow won't change in either medium. Current is current. But if you want best of the best, here you go.

Knukonceptz product detail for KOLOSSUS FLEKS KABLE 1/0 RED POWER /GROUND WIRE

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Thanks sir, so in your opinion this power wire is the best option and quality available for the money?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

For the money? Absolutely. Though, like I said, unless you're looking at drawing a huge amount of current, this is a cheaper option and definitely better on the wallet:

Knukonceptz product detail for KCA KABLE 1/0 ULTRA FLEKS RED CCA POWER / GROUND CABLE

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I understand and appreciate ur help on considering my wallet and all, but I would like to just buy one time, have good stuff, use it on my future installs, and that's why I'm trying to get the best option and get rid of all that bootleg cheap stuff I bought when I began my install on this car.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by argenis69 View Post
    I understand and appreciate ur help on considering my wallet and all, but I would like to just buy one time, have good stuff, use it on my future installs, and that's why I'm trying to get the best option and get rid of all that bootleg cheap stuff I bought when I began my install on this car.
    Either of those two will be miles ahead quality-wise in comparison to what you've been using. Just go with the OFC, then.

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1

Wanacustomx is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

No doubt knu fleks... Just caught eye of the post from like a month ago, I can say that "built in remotewire" is my only complaint... I've done two installs, both with skar vvx 12 both with hifonics amps and both I recommended knu wiring... The first time I saw and intentionally ordered the 4 gauge cca kit with bolt in rca for the hfi1000d amp, hard to strip that remote wire. The second time I told him not to get the built in bc of my previous troubles, so we ordered a different RCA maybe the klarity kable and it came with it, honestly pissed me off how bad it was. When trying to seperate the remote from the RCA it tore the remote wire sheathing down causing me to constantly have to keep strippin the wire... long story short I thought it wasn't built in remote so I had him order knu fleks remote wire, that's the knu I'm used too...

I'm nothin but a knu fan obviously my build has every bit of wire and RCA from knu. They need to get that built in remote **** together though. Other than that though the 2 cca kits I used were fantastic both 4 and 0 gauge, and yes it is oversized 0 gauge so much much bigger and better than any other wire on the market.

Sorry about the review, but if your looking at rcas from knu I went with krystal and have no complaints, no built in remote.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wanacustomx View Post
    No doubt knu fleks... Just caught eye of the post from like a month ago, I can say that "built in remotewire" is my only complaint... I've done two installs, both with skar vvx 12 both with hifonics amps and both I recommended knu wiring... The first time I saw and intentionally ordered the 4 gauge cca kit with bolt in rca for the hfi1000d amp, hard to strip that remote wire. The second time I told him not to get the built in bc of my previous troubles, so we ordered a different RCA maybe the klarity kable and it came with it, honestly pissed me off how bad it was. When trying to seperate the remote from the RCA it tore the remote wire sheathing down causing me to constantly have to keep strippin the wire... long story short I thought it wasn't built in remote so I had him order knu fleks remote wire, that's the knu I'm used too...

I'm nothin but a knu fan obviously my build has every bit of wire and RCA from knu. They need to get that built in remote **** together though. Other than that though the 2 cca kits I used were fantastic both 4 and 0 gauge, and yes it is oversized 0 gauge so much much bigger and better than any other wire on the market.

Sorry about the review, but if your looking at rcas from knu I went with krystal and have no complaints, no built in remote.
    Have a set of Krystal 4-channels coming in soon. Hopefully they'll be better than my Krystals. I'll keep one set on the subs, though. That built-in remote wire was the whole reason I went with one in the first place. Further down the road, though, I'll be less lazy and just run up a separate remote wire.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Btw this was posted in reviews, so you're fine. I kinda started this thread to gather opinions.

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Like I said Bud I went outta my way to run the knu fleks remote wire had to completely pull the indash out of a passat (Big pain in the a@@) just to do it again, because I didn't want that in my install.. I just got my 4 channel krystals my 2 channel 1/2M's to bridge my amps, I'm all set from knu except another 100ft of knu fleks ofc and a spool of remote wire lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Oh yeah also got 100ft ft of kord 10ga ofc, thats quality wire as well, just what you'd expect from them... Sorry xs I run your batts but someone tried to argue that the xs wire was better at 600+ strands less, and 1$ more per ft. Their argument was that little bit of wire won't even matter, the only thing I could say was "your still paying more for less!" Like what do you even say to someone so ignorant?

Also did a fleks test (my way) and the knu fleks is much more flexible

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast