Closed Thread

Reload Thread: NoFearX18's Second Skin Damplifier Pro Install/Review

NoFearX18 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NoFearX18's Second Skin Damplifier Pro Install/Review

I won the 3rd Promotion!

Ok so here is the install. The reason I used it on the tailgate is because it is the second best place it could go besides the roof. I planned on putting it on the roof but the flex broke off the glue on the roof supports... I plan on fixing that and then adding more deadening before the system back in.

Started Taking stuff apart

More stuff gone

Sadly I realized that because my tailgate is broken and I could not remove my rear glass to fix it I had to take the entire system out... Here is the beginning of that... 4 channel out and wires coming off...

Headliner almost loose

Couldn't help it

Tailgate finally came loose, took the panel off and removed the broken actuator

Now that the hatch is open I took the headline out

Then out with the system

Deadener arrived!

Then decided that I wanted to do my tailgate... here is the before pic

Team Hard Knox

NoFearX18 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: NoFearX18's Second Skin Damplifier Pro Install/Review

Another pic of the panel

Batteries died and we got this done while the batteries charged, got inside the gate as well

Put this plate that held the actuator back on

Started Deadening around it

Finished it off and made sure everything worked still, new actuator installed and everything

Another veiw

My Review:
    Overall I didn't think it would make THAT big of a difference... My tailgate was really bad before... it snapped the factor actuator arm in half... couldn't open my hatch for well over a year. After installing the Second Skin the tailgate is litereally ROCK SOLID... if you hit the out side of it with your fist you'd think it has concrete in it or something. Overall I am very impressed. Install was easy, Product is nice!

Thanks to Ant for allowing me to try this product! I wish I could throw the system back in to hear the difference right now but I have work to do on the roof.

Team Hard Knox

Closed Thread