Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Second Skin Audio Damplifier Pro

I finally got around to putting this stuff in from the giveaway. Before I start, I'd like to thank Ant for making this possible. This is my first review so if it seems lacking just PM me what I should add.

When it first arrived it was a lot heavier than I expected. I opened up the box to find 8 sheets of clean shiny Damplifier Pro and decided to put this in my trunk rather than doors for an easier install.

Second Skin Audio 10/10
    Ant is a great guy and my Damplifier arrived at my door within a few days of ordering.

Install 8/10
    I was pretty **** as you can see from the pictures (link below), cutting the butyl around each piece of foam, making sure every single little air bubble was out, cutting each piece to the exact size, etc. It was fairly flexible allowing me to put it in minor curves without any wrinkling. It easily cut with a knife or scissors (watch out if you use scissors though, the butyl will jam up the blades ). The install would probably be a 9 or 10 if I just cut it into quarters and pressed it down.

Effectiveness 7/10
    I haven't taken the car out for an extensive drive yet bu from what i have heard, it did quiet up exhaust noise lot, slightly made a difference in my bass, and decreased road noise. If I had a trunk car rather than a hatchback, I would probably notice a bigger difference in the bass and give it an 8 or higher.

Overall it is a great product and I would recommend to anybody.

Pictures: http://s497.photobucket.com/albums/r...91/Damplifier/

Again, just PM if im missing anything and ill add some to this review.

If you would like to comment, visit my thread here: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5105856
    Last edited by ryanj91; 09-02-2008 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugnutzk View Post
    Kove is mentally handicapped and it is wrong to try to take advantage of him like that. Shame on you.
    refs: exige

Closed Thread

User Tag List