Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Icon32 Box build

Planning on a build with a crescendo d5500, (or taramps 8k) 2 kinetic hc-2000 blu batteries, interstate batterie in the front. Big 3 and multiple grounds in the back, and 2 psi p-3 15s. That's the list for the back, haven't decided on the front. It's gonna take me a long time. Trying to do all my research ahead of time, what I'm wanting to know (it's the last piece of the puzzle) how do I plan for a c pillar wall. How do I decide what to cut. What cubic feet. What will work in my space. I'm thinking of something like this picture but with the subs up top. And a beauty panel with mids an tweets in it. But I'm really bad at math and comprehending things Without A visual representation. Thanks ahead of time

Lbetts818 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    268 Post(s)

Re: Box build

Hit up buck designs if he's still doing them or cscstang if he's around. Box designers are getting harder to find but there's a thread here 65 pages long showing you exactly why it pays to spend a few bucks on a design. For two 15s on that kinda power a 8-9cft box tuned to taste would get down and could do subs up port back and get good results. I'd go 18s if your set on a wall. Personally in a SUV two 15s walled us kinda a waste unless it's a little truck like a Kia Soul or something tiny. And keep your speakers up front don't waste them with rear fill. I mean to each their own.

Techydrone is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

close lol it's a Kia sorento. Right now I'm doing two fosgate p2s at 38 hz speakers an port back on a skar 2k and it slaps pretty good for what it is

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

I wasn't thinking a full wall per say. A box with speakers forward port at the top an a panel around to make it appear as such. But subs up port back would be alot more in my skill range

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4042 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Techydrone View Post
    Planning on a build with a crescendo d5500, (or taramps 8k) 2 kinetic hc-2000 blu batteries, interstate batterie in the front. Big 3 and multiple grounds in the back, and 2 psi p-3 15s. That's the list for the back, haven't decided on the front. It's gonna take me a long time. Trying to do all my research ahead of time, what I'm wanting to know (it's the last piece of the puzzle) how do I plan for a c pillar wall. How do I decide what to cut. What cubic feet. What will work in my space. I'm thinking of something like this picture but with the subs up top. And a beauty panel with mids an tweets in it. But I'm really bad at math and comprehending things Without A visual representation. Thanks ahead of time

What vehicle? Best bet is to go out and gather up some big cardboard boxes and some tape and mock up a box in the back and take some measurements. Unless it's a pretty small vehicle you may do as well or better with just a normal box for only 2 15s. Most any SUV you can get 8-10 cube for just a regular box.

Quote Originally Posted by Lbetts818 View Post
    there's a thread here 65 pages long showing you exactly why it pays to spend a few bucks on a design.
    His first attempt was a design he paid for and just flopped with the execution.

Better advice would be to know your limitiations and take whatever you're not comfortable with to a professional.

Papermaker85 is offline Better built than bought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5555 Post(s)

if you aren't investing in a high output alternator you are loosing a good deal of output. skip the kinetiks.
    Id do a pair of batteries in the rear and run a 4GA wire to the original factory wiring.

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

I'm lost I'm not understanding what your saying. I already have 1 run of 0 gauge ofc skyhigh running to the front. And 1 ground bolted to the frame attached to my second battery. (Yes it's not made to be in the car yes I understand a 70 pound block of acid flying in an accident scenario is a bad idea, no I don't have the money to do something about it atm) but. When it comes time, buying 1050 worth of subs and $550 to $1160 of amp (depending on which I get) and building a massive box plus all the extra wiring and the big 3. Isn't going to leave much room to squeeze in a 650$ alternator but your saying skip the batteries, but going right back and saying get a pair. I'm lost.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

A boat battery up front, big 3, and two kinetics grounded to the frame with positives ran up front should be plenty of power if I avoid long sessions. I usually baby my subs anyways and hardly turn them up so they hold there value better

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5555 Post(s)

I'm lost I'm not understanding what your saying. I already have 1 run of 0 gauge ofc skyhigh running to the front. And 1 ground bolted to the frame attached to my second battery. (Yes it's not made to be in the car yes I understand a 70 pound block of acid flying in an accident scenario is a bad idea, no I don't have the money to do something about it atm) but. When it comes time, buying 1050 worth of subs and $550 to $1160 of amp (depending on which I get) and building a massive box plus all the extra wiring and the big 3. Isn't going to leave much room to squeeze in a 650$ alternator but your saying skip the batteries, but going right back and saying get a pair. I'm lost.
    if you can't afford the alternator and two batteries just get the alternator. if you go with just batteries put them close to the device that draws the most current.

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

That does make more since. I was thinking a taramps 8k but I'd have to go all out to achieve that steady voltage. Hence why I bumped up to CT. Reliability. Now I'm thinking if I just got it and threw the rest at and alt and just one upgraded battery it's Ballance itself out. There's just no way to make a decision on all this fml

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

I'm just scared that amps gonna go poof with my hopes and dreams from simple vibration. Reviews are two sided

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5555 Post(s)

and you are a fool to spend 1k on an amp and not spend 350 to 400 on a alt.
    you could get a decent 3kw and more efficient woofers.

the manufactures only make it because people buy it. you don't need 6kw to get 150.
    a solid 3kw on 2 efficient well designed 15s will get you low 150s.
    example

SSD Series - SSD15 | Fi Car Audio
    flat wound coil and cooling 760
    SSA Store - Twisted Sounds TS2.8KW (TS2.8KW)
    dual 2s so you can run the amp at 1ohm. its really a 3500 thats 1/2ohm stable..

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5555 Post(s)

That does make more since. I was thinking a taramps 8k but I'd have to go all out to achieve that steady voltage. Hence why I bumped up to CT. Reliability. Now I'm thinking if I just got it and threw the rest at and alt and just one upgraded battery it's Ballance itself out. There's just no way to make a decision on all this fml
    ive spend probably 30 grand on car audio.
    first thing i buy is an alternator and a good battery.
    second i buy wiring
    3rd i reinforce the car/truck
    4th i decide what i want to spend and achieve.
    next is testing the acoustics of the vehicle with the box i intend on building.

for example if i want a SPL car i try to use subs with a higher motor strength and lower MMS. power isn't a huge factor in high SPL efficiency is. acoustics play a FAR bigger role that power or woofers. i suggest trying to focus more on making the car rigid and designing a system that suits your needs. naturally the cabin will have a peak. if you want ouput use that peak to choose the woofers that are most efficient in that bandwidth and with the given space you have..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Like I said the only alt I can get for my car (and I'd have to modify my car) cost 650$ cause irragi is the only one who's said they can do it. It's a 320 amp on the plus side

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5555 Post(s)

Twisted Sounds TS3.5KW 3500w Monoblock Amplifier - SSA STORE
    this is a 4500 watt board up upgraded caps and transistors on the output section. very strong 3500.

you could step up to the BLs which is about another 150 bucks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast