+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Midwest Audio & Video in Fairmont, MN

blackMTXgold is offline PiMp MeMbEr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Midwest Audio & Video in Fairmont, MN

WASTE OF SPACE, well i went there today, 40 minute drive, in hopes of decent amount of products, well i got there and the first thing i see is 20 10" rockford P1, they were in 2 stacks 5 boxes per stack, 2 subs per box all prefab rockford boxes, all running off of 800 watts?!?!?!?! yes every single sub wired up into 1 amp, the guy had it going and it was pathetic, hes like if i really turn it up that stand over there dances, i was like lemme get my 9500 10" setup and ill make that stand fall the fu<k over, he asked me what i had and i told him 10" MTX 9500 in 1.25 cubes tuned to 37 hz and hes like oh you like distortion, and i said why would there be distortion, "its in a ported box" i was appauled by this and simply stated distortion and sound quality are two different things, and then i left, yeh soo all they deal is rockford and alpine allll prefab boxes, no custom boxes made to the sub specs, they had a pioneer priemer 12", alpine Type R 12" and a rockford P1, P2, and P3 all in the same type of box .75 cubes sealed

groundpound4200 is offline Da fuq did I just read?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: Midwest Audio & Video in Fairmont, MN

HA!! I grew up in Fairmont and I can tell you that I agree 100&#37;. This place is a joke. Prefab sealed boxes and lowend subs and decks all at retail prices are all this place offers. The only thing I ever bought there was wire and connectors because I didn't want to drive an hour to Mankato to get to Sweet Sounds. Most of their installers are people I know personally and I wouldn't want any of them near my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sweet sounds is probably one of the best around does Jeff still own it? or rockin ronnys in mankato aint bad to deal with

groundpound4200 is offline Da fuq did I just read?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'm not sure who owns Sweet Sounds anymore but that is the best place I have been in MN. They are the only place that didnt have a "deer in the headlights" look when I asked if they had a termlab (which they do)

+1 for Sweet Sounds

2007 Honda Pilot 2008 Nissan Maxima
    2 RD D9s strapped @ 1 ohm Sundown SAZ-1500D V.3
    2 Sundown Nightshade V.2s 2 10" Atomic APX
    Sundown SAX-125.2 x 2 Sundown SAX-100.4
    Sundown NeoPro 6.5"s, JL ZR Tweets Sundown NeoPros

RIP Taylor aka NewAgeKing, you are missed!

JbIrD is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I go to sweet sounds atleast twice a week and am on a first name bases with all of them. Yea Jeff still owns the place. I keep bugging him to start the compititions for the summer but he keeps taking his sweet Azz time.

Bought From: Louisiana_CRX, bumpin buick, handkaudio, stopdrpnro, Bam Bam Van, Massiveaudiocw, Masta Ace, SPL-Master, ssackett, westman995, BoxdGM, jdes504, sbs audiogroup

Sold To: emaxaudio, bumpin buick, westman995, KickerRex, Louisiana_CRX, scottyfkachris, RE_Gawker, jbizzle, blkmrideon22s, perfecxionX, jobrizzle7481

mrose is offline DEEZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you want a real car audio shop in MN go to Audio Designs in Winona MN. They have some ***** there.

+ Reply to Thread