+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Midwest Audio & Video in Fairmont, MN

blackMTXgold is offline PiMp MeMbEr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Midwest Audio & Video in Fairmont, MN

WASTE OF SPACE, well i went there today, 40 minute drive, in hopes of decent amount of products, well i got there and the first thing i see is 20 10" rockford P1, they were in 2 stacks 5 boxes per stack, 2 subs per box all prefab rockford boxes, all running off of 800 watts?!?!?!?! yes every single sub wired up into 1 amp, the guy had it going and it was pathetic, hes like if i really turn it up that stand over there dances, i was like lemme get my 9500 10" setup and ill make that stand fall the fu<k over, he asked me what i had and i told him 10" MTX 9500 in 1.25 cubes tuned to 37 hz and hes like oh you like distortion, and i said why would there be distortion, "its in a ported box" i was appauled by this and simply stated distortion and sound quality are two different things, and then i left, yeh soo all they deal is rockford and alpine allll prefab boxes, no custom boxes made to the sub specs, they had a pioneer priemer 12", alpine Type R 12" and a rockford P1, P2, and P3 all in the same type of box .75 cubes sealed

groundpound4200 is offline Da fuq did I just read?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: Midwest Audio & Video in Fairmont, MN

HA!! I grew up in Fairmont and I can tell you that I agree 100&#37;. This place is a joke. Prefab sealed boxes and lowend subs and decks all at retail prices are all this place offers. The only thing I ever bought there was wire and connectors because I didn't want to drive an hour to Mankato to get to Sweet Sounds. Most of their installers are people I know personally and I wouldn't want any of them near my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sweet sounds is probably one of the best around does Jeff still own it? or rockin ronnys in mankato aint bad to deal with

groundpound4200 is offline Da fuq did I just read?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'm not sure who owns Sweet Sounds anymore but that is the best place I have been in MN. They are the only place that didnt have a "deer in the headlights" look when I asked if they had a termlab (which they do)

+1 for Sweet Sounds

2007 Honda Pilot 2008 Nissan Maxima
    2 RD D9s strapped @ 1 ohm Sundown SAZ-1500D V.3
    2 Sundown Nightshade V.2s 2 10" Atomic APX
    Sundown SAX-125.2 x 2 Sundown SAX-100.4
    Sundown NeoPro 6.5"s, JL ZR Tweets Sundown NeoPros

RIP Taylor aka NewAgeKing, you are missed!

JbIrD is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I go to sweet sounds atleast twice a week and am on a first name bases with all of them. Yea Jeff still owns the place. I keep bugging him to start the compititions for the summer but he keeps taking his sweet Azz time.

2004 Jeep Liberty
    225 amp Mean Green alt.
    Stinger 1500 in front,
    stinger 1700 in rear
    all 1/0 awg Stinger wiring
    Clarion dxz945 head unit
    2 - DD1508's D4 woofers
    1 - DDM1a amp
    1 - DDS4 amp
    DDC components
    DDCX coaxials

Bought From: Louisiana_CRX, bumpin buick, handkaudio, stopdrpnro, Bam Bam Van, Massiveaudiocw, Masta Ace, SPL-Master, ssackett, westman995, BoxdGM

Sold To: emaxaudio, bumpin buick, westman995, KickerRex, Louisiana_CRX, scottyfkachris, RE_Gawker, jbizzle, blkmrideon22s, perfecxionX, jobrizzle7481

mrose is offline DEEZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you want a real car audio shop in MN go to Audio Designs in Winona MN. They have some ***** there.

+ Reply to Thread