+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Transportation Electronics in Hopkins, MN

FoxPro5 is offline Causal wanderer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Transportation Electronics in Hopkins, MN

I you need honest advice form some real professionals (not sleazy sales men) who know what they are talking about, go see Ben Adams. He is the owner of the shop and has helped me tremendously with car audio - answering my questions honestly and giving me the best options for my needs. No BS. TE does it right the first time

wlmrs is offline Realm Of Excursion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Transportation Electronics in Hopkins, MN

X2

1999 Chevy Cavalier 2dr
    Alpine CDA-9883
    Cadence CWM-6Kit components
    Hifonics Zrx3000.1D/Hifonics Zrx500.2
    Orion H2 15.2 sub
    Kicker 1/0 Pkd1 kit Hyper Flex/Optima Yellow Top/Powemax 220 amp H.O.alt under the hood
    Big 3 done in Knu 1/0 Kolossus Fleks Kable and two runs of 1/0 to the trunk
    REFS:snb778
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/170853-wlmrs-good-guy-do-business-quick-response.html

jlaine is offline Vaporware

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxPro5
    I you need honest advice form some real professionals (not sleazy sales men) who know what they are talking about, go see Ben Adams. He is the owner of the shop and has helped me tremendously with car audio - answering my questions honestly and giving me the best options for my needs. No BS. TE does it right the first time
    A few years back an associate of mine went there to get some suggestions... Walked out furious after his constant bombardment of "it won't sound good unless you have at least 2 sets of focal utopia's up front."

He had bought a nice array of relatively new drivers from CDT, and had an ID subwoofer of some sort... Was after an installation and some tuning from them after being recommended by someone.

Long story short - any type of blankent ignorance and arrogance to a brand you don't know turns me away fast, although this has to be nearly 4 years ago - hopefully he's changed his tune.

I've had better luck with Mach 1, Innovative Audio, and Teckla. (Old teckla pre-sale and then only for buying goods and general installs... No idea how it is now.)

don774 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn't use this shop if my life depended on it. I had a system done by them in 2005 and at the time it sounded pretty dang good. However it never seemed quite right and when I uninstaled the system I found out why. The 4 channel amplifier I payed them dearly for to hook up was not hooked up to my front speakers at all. They simply hooked up a set of wires to the amp and then tucked them underneath my rear seat so it looked like it was hooked up. Just figured I'd let everyone know what kind of shop it really is.

Superman71 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by don774 View Post
    I wouldn't use this shop if my life depended on it. I had a system done by them in 2005 and at the time it sounded pretty dang good. However it never seemed quite right and when I uninstaled the system I found out why. The 4 channel amplifier I payed them dearly for to hook up was not hooked up to my front speakers at all. They simply hooked up a set of wires to the amp and then tucked them underneath my rear seat so it looked like it was hooked up. Just figured I'd let everyone know what kind of shop it really is.
    Wow!! that really *****!! I would be soooo pissed!!! No lie

+ Reply to Thread