+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Thumpin Car Stereo- Hagerstown, MD

Jonzee is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon9 Thumpin Car Stereo- Hagerstown, MD

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND AND HERE'S WHY:

I take my truck to this dealer and is greeted politely by the owner of Thumpin. Very pleasant and seems to be knowledgable about what he is trying to sell to me. My wife purchased a Pioneer X930BT navigation/stereo system and he was to install along with an auto start alarm system. He took the deposit and scheduled the service date.
    The actual installer did a fantastic job (not the owner).....upon my arrival to pick up the vehicle I see the owner in a bay waxing his old f150 truck while the installer shows me how to operate my components that I just paid for through Thumpin.....after 5 minutes of show and tell from the installer, the owner comes to my vehicle and ask the installer to assist with another customer and politely states that he has a "policy" that states that I am on my own as far as any type of instructions go for this system......if he didn't wish to install it, he should have said so in the first place, but to tell a customer that he is isn't going to allow for the tutorial of a system that he just installed was simply insane to me.....

Good work done SO FAR THAT I CAN TELL.....but the customer service he presented absolutely ******......I would stay away for that alone.

I spent over a grand at his establishment and think the post service should have been there as well.....Oh Well, so much for good customer service I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Thumpin Car Stereo- Hagerstown, MD

wow, thats crazy..some are in it for the money. sorry to hear about your experience.

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Despite being an old topic, totally not surprised yet again, another poorly run shop in this area.

CarAudio.com mod(original)

joshreed1234 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont recommended tgis place at all i go in with a budget of 400 dollars talk to the owner who sets me up with a 400 watt Jensen amp and 2000 watt fli audio subwoofers said it probily be more bass then i want iny car which is pretty big car(pontiac grand am) i had them professionally installed and they barely hit then next thing i know boom the amp fried the subs. But the owner said they woulsnt overheat but they did. Chexkin today if they hold up on tgeir ebd about the warrenty. Probily give me a hassel.

jasonbillnelson is online now LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GTFO!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Need to do your own installs. Plenty of people and information here to help you out. I do all of my own and my friends installs around Andrews AFB, MD and I teach them if they don't know.

SSgt. Jason Nelson
    Andrews AFB, MD USAF

Bought from sangthing, 93 saturn sl2, basswiigee, goodstuff, HomeGrown, 06gtmike
    **PBnation**http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=382280 --**eBay**search jasonbillnelson, 104 positive-0 negative[
    HU: Clarion NX501 Nav Deck
    Amps: C2 Audio Recon 1.6, Sundown SAX50.4
    Speakers: MB Quart ONX216 Components - 2 full sets
    Subwoofer: C2 Audio Threatcon 4 V1 12"
    Wire/Battery: 0ga CCA --Shuriken BT-80 up front and Shuriken BT-35 secondary

jdawg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That place has been garbage for 15 years now

refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im in the Washington county area and I continue to hear bad things about this place when customers bring their cars to me.

www.hinnantdesign.com

+ Reply to Thread