Re: J and J Electronics

Poopy deal mang

joetama is offline The British Ear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmanpc View Post
    "Why pay someone else to mess up your car when you can do it yourself for free?"
    It is much more fun to do it yourself too...

na_rsx is offline Incriminator Audio FTW

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by B&W_EE View Post
    Crappy job... DO IT YOURSELF next time...
    well i did redo everything myself, any more changes in the future, thats what i plan to do.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by B&W_EE View Post
    I woudn't of put my crossovers there... Some yahoo is going to kick them and they are going to break....
    actually i am installing some cusco b-pillar bars, which will make my beakseat totally unaccessable and totally useless. anyways i never let anyone ride in the back.

NoSq is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wow, did you get that box yet?

joetama is offline The British Ear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by na_rsx View Post
    actually i am installing some cusco b-pillar bars, which will make my beakseat totally unaccessable and totally useless. anyways i never let anyone ride in the back.
    Good plan man...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NoSq View Post
    wow, did you get that box yet?
    sometime late this week, maybe wed, or thursday. i would prefer thursday since my wife goes to school, and i have more time. if she sees this box i am a dead man lol. but if she is not there, she wont notice it because she could give 2 shits of how my system sounds.

2005 Acura RSX-S

Headunit: JVC KD-AR8500
    Front Stage: Vifa & Mpyre 65M *ACTIVE*
    System Amp: MB Quart DSC4125
    Wiring: Kicker Hyperflex
    Deadening: Edead SE2 and V3

Refs:
    Bought from: mlstrass, archie, brchd, BigOso, bk12321, Ricky 616, IonSQL, SilverSPL, VIPER118, fived, jdiddy, Tacosys, ls2poweredgoat, SethPhillips, DB_DRAG_SPL, bjfish11, XaznKewLguy, Integra2468, Incriminator, bur1196, Goindef154, amartin_72
    Sold to: vitveet, aesoj, DejaWiz, jco1385, Lax916, iowaaurora, Zeuslicious, chrispizzitola, gkatmar, Racerx250, boltpride, zeed, Low_e_Red, xreymax, hrtbrk1, RKPsk8er, Anniku989, bradknob, andrios

Ricky616 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

get some pics of the finished install once you get the box.

Refs x2BoomingBeast, Thomas White, Snebes, Chinny,SbCaprice305,Abel,x2Spkrman,gl0ck,scottiej, Sblaze,Mr.*******,Fayt,CELLERBR, PepsiFiend69,Zachzchw,SlickCMRick,Junior22,lookits jim23,na_rsx,ccajun4real,XsabesX,Gl0ck,massiveaudi ocw
    Team Phat Hertz
    Team Kicker

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky616 View Post
    get some pics of the finished install once you get the box.
    will do ricky, btw thanks for the deal, and taking the time to meet up with me. that crimp job you did is clean as hell, you really secured that terminal. btw what kind of terminal is that, silver, gold?

also i might need your help, to make the 0 gauge fit into the fuse holder, or maybe shave down the wire to make it fit nice and snug. like you said, strands are hanging out, and you got me thinking about the dangers or something shorting out.

and i am still looking for 4 gauge kicker hyper flex ground. and once i get teh box and fix everything, i am definitely posting pics.

2005 Acura RSX-S

Refs:
    Bought from: mlstrass, archie, brchd, BigOso, bk12321, Ricky 616, IonSQL, SilverSPL, VIPER118, fived, jdiddy, Tacosys, ls2poweredgoat, SethPhillips, DB_DRAG_SPL, bjfish11, XaznKewLguy, Integra2468, Incriminator, bur1196, Goindef154, amartin_72
    Sold to: vitveet, aesoj, DejaWiz, jco1385, Lax916, iowaaurora, Zeuslicious, chrispizzitola, gkatmar, Racerx250, boltpride, zeed, Low_e_Red, xreymax, hrtbrk1, RKPsk8er, Anniku989, bradknob, andrios

Gq85 is offline El Jefe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I co-sign to this J & J is a horrible place to go for car audio installation. Purchased some 6 1/2 Alpine Type R components got them installed they did a horrible job.

Let me begin by saying that the components were not secured properly. The stock openings were 6 3/4 too big of a opening. Installer took the easy way out instead of using an adapter bracket to properly secure the speaker he chose to angle the screws so the speaker could hold. Second thing to add is he didn't wire the tweeters on to the crossover tweets were playing lower frequency's. So I ended up with blown tweets.

Louisiana_CRX is online now dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

nice install

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

TurdFergueson2 is offline Team D.O.A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gq85 View Post
    I co-sign to this J & J is a horrible place to go for car audio installation. Purchased some 6 1/2 Alpine Type R components got them installed they did a horrible job.

Let me begin by saying that the components were not secured properly. The stock openings were 6 3/4 too big of a opening. Installer took the easy way out instead of using an adapter bracket to properly secure the speaker he chose to angle the screws so the speaker could hold. Second thing to add is he didn't wire the tweeters on to the crossover tweets were playing lower frequency's. So I ended up with blown tweets.
    I went into the shop on 76th off the Dan Ryan. Rip off joint. They have ok stuff, but they want higher than normal for it. If you want a install and got money to blow, go there.

Let me take this time to plug Mike's Chop Shop. Guy lives up near Gurnee, but does great work. If you are in the Chicago/Wisconsin area, get in touch with the guy. Goes by mlstrass on here. He may have shut it down for the winter, but who knows.

Sold to: Rc10Mike, Philpbak, pbnj123, WALKSUP, silvercookie, Sir Smoke Alot
    Bought from: Korn4life, chaunb3400, fasfocus, mlstrass, Bumpin Buick, wheeler8921, annarbor84

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_B View Post
    I pulled into the trailer park at around 3 am bumping my sony xplod 12 on sony amp. **** SLAMS!!!!!! Anways, I pulled up and it got all the girls wet.....I guess im an uncle and a dad now
    Don't listen to all the haters, their shiz doesnt knock...EDIT: Ohh yea, and by the way....before you haters start mouthing, I got my SLAB from wall-mart....that ish doesnt bang it XPLODES. Yea..I run sony... Schoche -SP box with 4 inch PVC downfiring into pasenger wheel well. 5-6 inch streamers...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

J&J is complete trash, i still cant get over the **** they told me. The main installer who did my car said they never run wires though the doors, like through the grommet, thats bs because i did, yeah it was a ***** but i got it done.

I will never never never recommend that place, and btw the guy who installed my system has a black 96 impala.

2005 Acura RSX-S

Refs:

TurdFergueson2 is offline Team D.O.A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by na_rsx View Post
    J&J is complete trash, i still cant get over the **** they told me. The main installer who did my car said they never run wires though the doors, like through the grommet, thats bs because i did, yeah it was a ***** but i got it done.

I will never never never recommend that place, and btw the guy who installed my system has a black 96 impala.
    Which one you go to? It's 2 of them. Dude on 76th seems like everything I want he has to tack on an extra 100 bux for it. For a 4 gauge Kicker 2 amp kit he wants 125 plus tax.........lol. Only good thing I can say is they have some decent equipment.

After I wired my doors not through the grommet, I saw how easy it was to do it.

Sold to: Rc10Mike, Philpbak, pbnj123, WALKSUP, silvercookie, Sir Smoke Alot
    Bought from: Korn4life, chaunb3400, fasfocus, mlstrass, Bumpin Buick, wheeler8921, annarbor84

I pulled into the trailer park at around 3 am bumping my sony xplod 12 on sony amp. **** SLAMS!!!!!! Anways, I pulled up and it got all the girls wet.....I guess im an uncle and a dad now
    Don't listen to all the haters, their shiz doesnt knock...EDIT: Ohh yea, and by the way....before you haters start mouthing, I got my SLAB from wall-mart....that ish doesnt bang it XPLODES. Yea..I run sony... Schoche -SP box with 4 inch PVC downfiring into pasenger wheel well. 5-6 inch streamers...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TurdFergueson2 View Post
    Which one you go to? It's 2 of them. Dude on 76th seems like everything I want he has to tack on an extra 100 bux for it. For a 4 gauge Kicker 2 amp kit he wants 125 plus tax.........lol. Only good thing I can say is they have some decent equipment.

After I wired my doors not through the grommet, I saw how easy it was to do it.
    well this is one on 63rd and kedzie, he is the head installer from what they told me. come on, isnt running wires through the doors the only way to do it. this asshat hacked up my factory wiring from the stock bose amp and basically daisychained everything.

seriously worst shop ever, i mean once i redid everything myself, i literally kicked myself in my ***. now i do installs for friends and what not, ****en easy as hell, just need the patience to do so.

2005 Acura RSX-S

Refs:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2