User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: I actually like my home theatre setup....

desertheat is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually like my home theatre setup....

Well I was in search of a good home theatre setup that would not break my budget. I wanted looks, and real sound, not sound from one of those micro speaker sets, I wanted the real deal. The room is about 18x18. Here is my equipment so far. It actually sounds awsome!

TOSHIBA 65" TW HD TV

HK AVR 330 RECEIVER 7.1 SURROUND...

SONY PS2 SLIM FOR THE DVD PLAYER FOR NOW...

JBL EC35 CENTER CHANNEL

JBL E80 FRONTS

JBL E10 SIDE SURROUNDS

JBL E20 REAR SURROUNDS

JBL E250P 12" SUB

I had heard some mixed reviews on the JBL northridge series I purchase but also allot of good things. I went and took a listen at my local best buy and at a local audio salon and for the purpose of ht they really rocked! And they look great!

The best part is you can get the stuff online for cheap compared to BB. I calculated that I would have spent on just these jbl speakers at BB around $1900 BEFORE TAX!!! After tax around $2052!!!

Online price for just the JBL speakers shipped to me from 3 different locations "chose the cheapest authorized retailers I could find for each item..." was $1000 approx even shipped! WOW! That is $1052 saved!

Anyways for HT in a slightly larger room the JBL's rock! Never really been a fan of JBL but then again I was always into high end stereo, not HT. They are worth a serious listen for HT applications and "ok" for 2 channel use!

The HK avr330 is the balls. It looks like a $2,000 unit and sound KILLER compared to my older sony unit. The 65wx2 front power actually sound like 165wx2 compared to the sony's "I think overated 100wpc" Very good receiver for the $$$ I bought it from the HK factory refurb center for $365 shipped. Local price for the newer 335 which is almost the exact same thing was $799 before tax!!

www.garage1217.com is a good place to get raw leds & parts for custom vehicle lighting!

mattmcss is offline Shake that laffy taffy

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: I actually like my home theatre setup....

nice

Closed Thread