Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)

I cant believe there are still BNIB available

Carver Amazing Black Speakers Pair BRAND NEW OLD STOCK IN BOX!!!

Carver Amazing Black Speakers Pair BRAND NEW OLD STOCK IN BOX!!! | eBay

audiobaun is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1939 Post(s)

Re: I cant believe there are still BNIB available

Ill stick to my Klipse for the time being.Wow! Amazing fr sure.Wonder if they are working well??

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid [email protected] Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm [email protected] Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine [email protected],Autotek BTX [email protected] AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

Rich B is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    Ill stick to my Klipse for the time being.Wow! Amazing fr sure.Wonder if they are working well??

I saw those "Amazing" Carvers twice in person, they are HUGE!

But the sound was great.

That same seller also has some BNIB old school car audio, including something I always wanted to try............
    Old School, JIM FOSGATES / GAVOTTE 360 DEGREES DIGITAL SPACE MATRIX fosgate NEW!

Old School, JIM FOSGATES / GAVOTTE 360 DEGREES DIGITAL SPACE MATRIX fosgate NEW! | eBay

4. Thanks audiobaun thanked for this post
    ciaonzo is online now TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    964 Post(s)

Very cool. Thanks for the link.

If that processor is anything like the Hafler stuff, should be worth the money. Probably performs similar to the ESP-2? <-- I take that back, looks like it has more of a 5.1 feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

audiobaun is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1939 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    I saw those "Amazing" Carvers twice in person, they are HUGE!

But the sound was great.

That same seller also has some BNIB old school car audio, including something I always wanted to try............
    Old School, JIM FOSGATES / GAVOTTE 360 DEGREES DIGITAL SPACE MATRIX fosgate NEW!

Old School, JIM FOSGATES / GAVOTTE 360 DEGREES DIGITAL SPACE MATRIX fosgate NEW! | eBay
    Man..Dammn nice for sure..I sure miss that Sony XEC-1000 that I should have never sold back in the 90s

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid [email protected] Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm [email protected] Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine [email protected],Autotek BTX [email protected] AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

Rich B is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    Very cool. Thanks for the link.

If that processor is anything like the Hafler stuff, should be worth the money. Probably performs similar to the ESP-2? <-- I take that back, looks like it has more of a 5.1 feel to it.

Jim Fosgate was big into surround sound, in fact Dolby Prologic II was an invention of his, thats why it seems to be a 5.1 channel to you...........it IS 5.1 channels.

But these came around too late for me, I decided a few years back that surround sound would not be as important as a truly flexible time alignment/frequency processor would be.

So instead of the Gavotte I started looking for one of these............

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List