Reload Thread: Sa8 For computer?

PapaGeno21 is offline Captain Questions

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Re: Sa8 For computer?

Team Tantric
    | Pioneer | DC Audio | Tantric | Crescendo | XS Power | SHCA & Knu | CDT | DC Power |

knotdrummer88 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

this looks good dude, this is something Ive been thinking of doing. how exactly do you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    I look for a girl with lowered standards, and possibly a vision problem. Depth perception and size awareness problems are a definite must. Also must like river-dancing and hideous, irreversible burn scars.

What can I say, Im an old fashioned kind of guy.

eddie_93 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by knotdrummer88 View Post
    this looks good dude, this is something Ive been thinking of doing. how exactly do you do it?
    Wondering this as well. Specifically what power supply you used, how you got rca signal to the amp, and how volume control works for the sub. Good work!

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X494
    Image Dynamics CTX-6.5cs components on Sony Mobile ES XM-5046
    Sundown SA12 in 2 cubes @ 33hz on Kicker ZX750.1
    Rockford 4 awg/ Big 3 in Scosche 4 awg
    Audio Technix 60 mil deadener
    Bought from: SkarAudio Sold to: VanLan

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

This is the power supply I used. It puts out 56 amps on the 12V rail, which is more than enough for my little 400W amp.

Newegg.com - COOLMAX ZX Series ZX-700 700W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Watch this vid. This is exactly how I did it, except I removed the switch and extended it.

Car Amplifier and Subwoofer Powered By Computer Power Supply Tutorial - YouTube!

As far as getting the signal to the amp, I used one of these. So you would plug that into where the green one goes.

Newegg.com - Rosewill - 3.5mm Stereo Splitter cable (6 INCHES)

Which then plugged into one of these.

Volume control for the sub is a little different. See with your computer speakers like mine I just use the logitech thing and adjust the volume. Well with the sub you got to use the computer volume. So I just set the gains at 100, but now I keep it at 85. Then when the sub is on and everything is on I just adjust the bass with the bass knob that came with the amp.

Team Tantric
    | Pioneer | DC Audio | Tantric | Crescendo | XS Power | SHCA & Knu | CDT | DC Power |

SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

This kills the amp

Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

knotdrummer88 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PapaGeno21 View Post
    This is the power supply I used. It puts out 56 amps on the 12V rail, which is more than enough for my little 400W amp.

Newegg.com - COOLMAX ZX Series ZX-700 700W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Watch this vid. This is exactly how I did it, except I removed the switch and extended it.

Car Amplifier and Subwoofer Powered By Computer Power Supply Tutorial - YouTube!

As far as getting the signal to the amp, I used one of these. So you would plug that into where the green one goes.

Newegg.com - Rosewill - 3.5mm Stereo Splitter cable (6 INCHES)

Which then plugged into one of these.

Volume control for the sub is a little different. See with your computer speakers like mine I just use the logitech thing and adjust the volume. Well with the sub you got to use the computer volume. So I just set the gains at 100, but now I keep it at 85. Then when the sub is on and everything is on I just adjust the bass with the bass knob that came with the amp.
    I want to do this

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SourDeez View Post
    This kills the amp
    how exactly does it do that? and do you mean doing this in general or the specific way hes doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    I look for a girl with lowered standards, and possibly a vision problem. Depth perception and size awareness problems are a definite must. Also must like river-dancing and hideous, irreversible burn scars.

What can I say, Im an old fashioned kind of guy.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SourDeez View Post
    This kills the amp
    Where is your evidence to back up that statement?

Regardless we shall find out as I am not changing it!

And I was playing Counter Strike yesterday without my headphones. Using the shotgun you really gotta turn it down as it wakes the dead haha!

Team Tantric

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2