Closed Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Reload Thread: home theater + electric bill

  1. #1
    Falcons's Avatar
    Falcons is offline that **** i dont like



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Albion, New York, United States
    Posts
    5,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    home theater + electric bill

    after adding a ht setup, how much did your electric bill go up?



    Things to look forward to:
    (2) 10" or 12" imperium audio designs subs
    set of PHD MF 6.5" comps
    Completely seal off and deaden my doors
    aquire a 2k amp
    aquire a 2 channel amp for front stage




  2. #2
    goingdef's Avatar
    goingdef is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norfolk VA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,833
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: home theater + electric bill

    Way back in the day with my carver setup at a low ohm load caused about a 80 increase in the bill but somedays it would go all day full tilt while me and my friends hung outside.



    electrical: Optima yellow top X 2 big 3 in monster OFC 1/0g high output alt by maniac electrics
    HU: JVC AVX-77 touch screen
    Front stage: RE XXX 6.5" comps
    front stage amp: Rockford T600.2
    subs: 1 Sundown ZV4 12"
    sub amp: Rockford T2500.1BDCP
    Enclosure: ported (by JayDubb757 )

  3. #3
    Falcons's Avatar
    Falcons is offline that **** i dont like

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Albion, New York, United States
    Posts
    5,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: home theater + electric bill

    Quote Originally Posted by goingdef View Post
    Way back in the day with my carver setup at a low ohm load caused about a 80 increase in the bill but somedays it would go all day full tilt while me and my friends hung outside.
    well im going to run 5 channels at 60w @ 6 ohms, and 150 watts @ 8 ohm for the sub. im hoping its not gonna be to high. i wont be beating all day either. a couple hours a day tops.



    Things to look forward to:
    (2) 10" or 12" imperium audio designs subs
    set of PHD MF 6.5" comps
    Completely seal off and deaden my doors
    aquire a 2k amp
    aquire a 2 channel amp for front stage

  4. #4
    gckless's Avatar
    gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    4,106
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: home theater + electric bill

    What kind of equipment in that setup? I have a decent sized Pioneer 7.1 reciever, a 125W sub, a 46" LED, a Roku, a powerline adapter, a network switch, and a couple other small charging accessories, and I don't see a lot, maybe $20.



    Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

    Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

  5. #5
    Falcons's Avatar
    Falcons is offline that **** i dont like

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Albion, New York, United States
    Posts
    5,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: home theater + electric bill

    Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    What kind of equipment in that setup? I have a decent sized Pioneer 7.1 reciever, a 125W sub, a 46" LED, a Roku, a powerline adapter, a network switch, and a couple other small charging accessories, and I don't see a lot, maybe $20.
    mostly dayton audio to be honest lol. all from parts express.



    Things to look forward to:
    (2) 10" or 12" imperium audio designs subs
    set of PHD MF 6.5" comps
    Completely seal off and deaden my doors
    aquire a 2k amp
    aquire a 2 channel amp for front stage

  6. #6
    gckless's Avatar
    gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    4,106
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: home theater + electric bill

    Quote Originally Posted by falcons03079313 View Post
    mostly dayton audio to be honest lol. all from parts express.
    Yeah man, I wouldn't worry too much about it, won't be too much. Run the heat or A/C a little less if ya really need to.



    Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

    Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

  7. Thanks Falcons thanked for this post
  8. #7
    keep_hope_alive's Avatar
    keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Quad Cities, IL
    Posts
    5,920
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

    Re: home theater + electric bill

    you won't notice a difference. music and especially moves are dynamic, so the average power will be a couple of watts per speaker, 20W total, with peaks. i doubt you will notice any difference - temperature control (heat & cooling) dominate what you pay.

    you can get one of the power meters if you are really interested. $30 or so and they will tell you $ used for a single outlet (plug surge protector into this).



    have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

    My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

  9. #8
    nu2spl's Avatar
    nu2spl is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, OH.
    Posts
    1,743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: home theater + electric bill

    i have a bangin HT setup, 46" tv,Pioneer 7.1 receiver,2 Mackie FR2600(2600 watt) amps.a ps3,an xbox 360 elite,a wii and im getting a wiiu,and its only added about $45-60 to my bill



    bought from: wccoug21 sundownz thegreatestpenn loudwhat? woofercooker jonny101abc spooney fasfocus00

    sold to: jpx18 Nateberrier Ge_off_me spm_215 2lo2flo akheathen etm34 djjdnap jfroghobo traded: SPLaudio Zeuslicious

    under construction:
    1992 Toyota Paseo(1) Pioneer DEH-P500UB head unit(2)American Bass VFL 500.1 amps(4) stinger batteries,building 2 10's in tubes

Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Need Help making Home Theater with car subs
    By CrazeFuol in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-05-2003, 07:38 AM
  2. car audio....home theater?
    By evo2k3 in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 09:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum