ttt

Man On The Moon: The End Of Day

Serpent710 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Re: *** Samsung vs Panasonic PLASMA TV ***

dead set on plasma?

Refs: mike11202, Tehgregzor, Twisted_0912, Goindef154, fasfocus00, got_focus?, Boswell59, 2lows10, skateguy92, Worstenemy453, Supergumby5000, gboo559, ryanm923, GetLikeMe, TaylorFade, Dacheatham, pickup1, jerseyboy, TWiZTiD859, Kangaroux, 09civic

Sub: 2 12" Cerwin Vega Vmax
    Comps: Boston
    Enclosure: Birch Bitch
    Amp: JBL Crown BPx1100.1
    H/U: Pioneer Premier FH-p800bt
    Wiring: Stinger HPM

Mr.SoloDolo is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent710 View Post
    dead set on plasma?
    It's a straight trade in so these are the only choices I have.... to upgrade to something else I'd for one have to pay out of pocket and two it would only get me a entry level LED with 120hz framerate
    I like the plasmas 600hz personally

TheUnderFighter is offline Beer Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Well, we've had a Panasonic Plasma for the past 8 years or so and are still getting raving reviews from it when we have company over. We don't even have HD hooked up to it and people are always amazing by the picture quality. I love Panasonic's build quality and reliability, so I'll recommend it with my experience with them.
    However, I'm curious why you're leaning towards Plasma? LED is the way to go... Much lighter. Much longer lifespan. Much more energy efficient. Equally fantastic picture quality. I just got an LED 32" Vizio and love it. I got it for half off retail price, so I couldn't really turn it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.SoloDolo View Post
    It's a straight trade in so these are the only choices I have.... to upgrade I'd have to pay out of pocket and my credit would be 699$
    Where's the trade-in credit at? There's nothing wrong with Plasma, LED is just the better choice for the long run.

2009 Hyundai Elantra - Budget Sound in Progress
    HU- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X994
    Fronts- Crescendo MP6 mids, Vifa Ring Radiator tweets on Arc KS300.4
    Subs- Single SA-10 on Mmats 2000.1 @ 1ohm
    Misc- 1/0 CCA from AT, Big 3 in Stinger HPM, and AT 60 mil deadener
    Bought from: Inferno333, select127, treesive, Kangaroux, DonH
    Sold to: coolest user, Psychodrama, MidgetClown, mr.tigger, av83

Serpent710 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

with that said straight trade, panasonic all day.

Refs: mike11202, Tehgregzor, Twisted_0912, Goindef154, fasfocus00, got_focus?, Boswell59, 2lows10, skateguy92, Worstenemy453, Supergumby5000, gboo559, ryanm923, GetLikeMe, TaylorFade, Dacheatham, pickup1, jerseyboy, TWiZTiD859, Kangaroux, 09civic

Sub: 2 12" Cerwin Vega Vmax
    Comps: Boston
    Enclosure: Birch Bitch
    Amp: JBL Crown BPx1100.1
    H/U: Pioneer Premier FH-p800bt
    Wiring: Stinger HPM

SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnderFighter View Post
    Well, we've had a Panasonic Plasma for the past 8 years or so and are still getting raving reviews from it when we have company over. We don't even have HD hooked up to it and people are always amazing by the picture quality.

You dont even have HD hooked up? You mean you are watching regular 480p **** on a 1080p display?

Sorry bro, but either your company is straight fooligans or really old people.

Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

jockhater2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

why do you need 600hz?
    Your eyes can't see more than 30-60. So 120 is more than enough.

Head Unit Pioneer P99RS
    3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Power and 3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Ground
    1 XS Power D3400 & 2 XS Power XP3000 with Copper Bus Bars
    380 Amp & 320 Amp Iraggi Alternators(One is a chevy case, the other ford)
    RD 7500.1 running 2 12 inch SPLaudio (AA Mayhem motors/baskets)
    Tuned to 36 hertz. About 4.5 cubic feet, 8" Aeroport (made by dbeez)
    Zed Audio Leviathan III on Morel MDT-29, RS100-4 & RS225-8 Daytons
    Alex Jones www.infowars.com Endgame, Obama Deception, Truth Rising,
    Fluoride in the water, poison in vaccines, chemical trails in the skyglobal
    elite banks run our government towards a one world global government.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jockhater2 View Post
    why do you need 600hz?
    So what is it I see when watching 120hz LED/ tvs and there is tremendous Motion blur... I have yet to see one that doesn't have this issue. Sure the picture looks great and it's statistically better but my plasma never had problem keeping up

Chriszle is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

My vote is for the panasonic if those are my only 2 options.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

why do you need 600hz?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.SoloDolo View Post
    So what is it I see when watching 120hz LED/ tvs and there is tremendous Motion blur... I have yet to see one that doesn't have this issue. Sure the picture looks great and it's statistically better but my plasma never had problem keeping up
    the term "Hz" has been thrown around like crazy, just like contrast ratio.

Plasmas and LCD's have a different method of determining refresh rate, thus the different numbers. They are on a completely different scale.

600hz on a LCD would not really ever be feasible or possible

Thats odd that some people notice it, I almost feel like its placebo.. I have a 120hz samsung led lcd and I really dont notice the difference. Plus most of the content is originally 60hz anyway, so really you are just adding extra frames.

Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SourDeez View Post
    the term "Hz" has been thrown around like crazy, just like contrast ratio.

Plasmas and LCD's have a different method of determining refresh rate, thus the different numbers. They are on a completely different scale.

600hz on a LCD would not really ever be feasible or possible

Thats odd that some people notice it, I almost feel like its placebo.. I have a 120hz samsung led lcd and I really dont notice the difference. Plus most of the content is originally 60hz anyway, so really you are just adding extra frames.
    Refresh rate is very noticeable to me or maybe it was just the brand of LED tv I was watching it on. The aerial shots or simple panning left or right makes you noxious.. it's that slow.
    I even fixed the settings to match the speeds but it only help slightly.

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

why do you need 600hz?
    has not actuall seen the difference. so, yah, your eyes can only see so much, however what you cannot tell is when you perceive mid-frames to not be there, even though you are physically seeing them. 60hz is pretty good, but the added still pictures generated between frames that make that cool motion effect on 120, less obvious on 240, and nearly makes you forget that it is doing anything, just that the picture is so absolutely clear when you get to 480 and 960. i got the 8000 series smart tv the week they first released it, and can turn the motion all the way up to 960, or 480, when watching 3d. if you want a panasonic display, you can usually save a bit by going with a visio that sports it. when i think of panasonic electronics, i can only recall all the horrible failures i've seen and experienced through the years. imho, they are sketchy at best, but decent when working good. i give all brands their fair share and hve my experiences with them regularly. even if there has been prior problems, as companies do make a turn-around from time-to-time, but i have to say, samsung has really been a go-to product for years. the tv i replaced is also a led 8000 series, but that one was 60hz with led motion plus. released 2 years prior to 120motion and 3 before led was phasing in to mainstream. only problem i have with samsung is the piece of poo 3d player they gave me with the tv, but it's their bottom line 3d player, so i can't expect much. works fine, i just don't like the way it works. another factor: i'm not sure about panasonic, but samsung has nice anynet+ interaction with other brands.
    honestly, what i would do is credit it toward a higher model samsung with internet and finance it to like $15/mo for 3 years with the purchase protection. plasma is real nice, but has it's downfalls, as well.

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

Boomsday is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Have had all samsung tvs in mine, and my parents home for about 6-7years now and no problems...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akheathen View Post
    has not actuall seen the difference. so, yah, your eyes can only see so much, however what you cannot tell is when you perceive mid-frames to not be there, even though you are physically seeing them. 60hz is pretty good, but the added still pictures generated between frames that make that cool motion effect on 120, less obvious on 240, and nearly makes you forget that it is doing anything, just that the picture is so absolutely clear when you get to 480 and 960. i got the 8000 series smart tv the week they first released it, and can turn the motion all the way up to 960, or 480, when watching 3d. if you want a panasonic display, you can usually save a bit by going with a visio that sports it. when i think of panasonic electronics, i can only recall all the horrible failures i've seen and experienced through the years. imho, they are sketchy at best, but decent when working good. i give all brands their fair share and hve my experiences with them regularly. even if there has been prior problems, as companies do make a turn-around from time-to-time, but i have to say, samsung has really been a go-to product for years. the tv i replaced is also a led 8000 series, but that one was 60hz with led motion plus. released 2 years prior to 120motion and 3 before led was phasing in to mainstream. only problem i have with samsung is the piece of poo 3d player they gave me with the tv, but it's their bottom line 3d player, so i can't expect much. works fine, i just don't like the way it works. another factor: i'm not sure about panasonic, but samsung has nice anynet+ interaction with other brands.
    honestly, what i would do is credit it toward a higher model samsung with internet and finance it to like $15/mo for 3 years with the purchase protection. plasma is real nice, but has it's downfalls, as well.
    The 480 and 960 on those samsungs doesnt mean refresh rate. It's not 960hz. it is Clear Motion Rate which is a combination of all random sorts of processing. It was a category samsung made up on their own and no one else uses it as far as i know.

Its still 240hz

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast