Mr.SoloDolo is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: *** Samsung vs Panasonic PLASMA TV ***

so you guys are saying with 120hz LED tv's I won't see any lag or motion blur from the frame rate drop?
    The sales person at best buy told me it would be a waste of money because with a several hundred dollar increase I would get the bottom dollar LED in a even smaller size.

Man On The Moon: The End Of Day

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my screen will still flash me 960 times per second. show me where that is not true. the problem with plasma is everyone has moved away from it, and they still need to sell the stock. the response/lag/latency/etc time is high in comparison, power consumption is high, etc. plasma is still a real nice pic that you would probably be satisfied with over a smaller tv, but be sure to have a good warranty with it.

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akheathen View Post
    my screen will still flash me 960 times per second. show me where that is not true. the problem with plasma is everyone has moved away from it, and they still need to sell the stock. the response/lag/latency/etc time is high in comparison, power consumption is high, etc. plasma is still a real nice pic that you would probably be satisfied with over a smaller tv, but be sure to have a good warranty with it.
    Show you where its not true? It just isnt true.. everywhere on the internet. 960 CMR is NOT your refresh rate. Samsung just started rating all their tv's that way this year. It's a marketing ploy and it has nothing to do with true refresh rate. Your refresh rate is 240hz. Not 960

Google is your friend.

An example of Samsung’s box is its UN46EH6050. It states “Clear Motion Rate 120,” however we learned this TV has true refresh rate of 60 Hz.

Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

plugitin is offline She Bangs plugitin is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im late on this thread. but i just purchased a 70 inch sharp aqous with the 120hz refresh rate. It was a good deal, and i read all the CNET reviews, they tested all the versions. The next step up was with 3d and 240hz refresh rate. The plain out said, unless you want 3d, get the lower end of them. As nothing in their tests could determine the difference between the 120hz and 240hz

Team DC Audio

Refs: absoluteaudio, rab, walnut, seedubs1, dbeez, -leister-, Louisiana_crx, bubbagumper6, DS Autpsports, Mr.Ronin_2U, lil98cabrio, wone, micah_jones, grinder1989

Better-Action is offline give me a reach around

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a 60" LG plasma, love it.

My bluray is Panasonic..... and its a piece of ****. But could be I just got unlucky.

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didn't realize there was a response. yah, that quote could've been said to low-end and old models, like the ones that were out when i bought my last tv. it was true 60hz, and had led motion plus, which flashed the screen backlight led grid 120hz to help get rid of the blur, but wasn't really like the 120's. the "look" of the old 120,240hz motion is not there, but it does look realistic, and zero blur. the native refresh of the screen phosphors may be 240hz, but i am still seeing 960 different images from the display per second. go to a store with good video signal, and see the difference for yourself. even in 3d, it kills the display of the big, bad sharp. results are results. all i care is how it looks in person.

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2