Joseph7195 is online now Can't Walk, I still F*ck

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon14 Finished Home Theater Sub

A month or so ago, I got this home theater sub from a friend, and it was in good shape, so I decided to replace my current sub (was very outdated and old and was beginning to fall apart) so I could get a little better response.

I built a small sealed enclosure, and this worried me because the original enclosure was ported, and I also had no T/S specs to go by. But I decided to try it anyway.

This thing sounds great!!! It may only be a 6.5" sub, but it does very well at reproducing the lower octaves without having to strain. I ended up using some scrap 3/4" 13 ply birch I had laying around, and just a jigsaw and palm sander.

Not much to do, since it was gonna just be a small cube, so all I needed was grill (thanks Mr. @Bettr n' Revrse and I added some paint and here is the end result:

As you can see, it's not a very big sub

I built just a small, sealed enclosure:

I painted it black, and @Better N Reverse ; sent me a grill and this is the end product:

I think it turned out very good!! I always thought that I would need a larger sub to keep up with my other home theater components, but this little thing has surprised me. I encourage everyone to try to make their own components and try new things, instead of buying a box from Walmart that has a whole home theater in it, lol.

Thanks for looking!!

Quote Originally Posted by adulbrich View Post
    We don't have food stamps on the east side. Its called a link card. Man, the grocery is packed on the first of da month. I shit you not, a homie got stabbed over a can of soup.

lol1 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Finished Home Theater Sub

Looks nice man! I bought the sub1200 from parts express.. best freaking $100 bucks ive spent!
    not trying to knock it, have you considered repainting?

jteske88 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats the power rating on it? how much you got going to it? i alwys ran velodyne but been thinking of a sa-8 build, i have a 1000 watt plate amp thats bothering me lol

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lol1 View Post
    Looks nice man! I bought the sub1200 from parts express.. best freaking $100 bucks ive spent!
    not trying to knock it, have you considered repainting?
    Not offense taken, thanks for your kind words!! It's actually doing double duty as a home theater sub, and a seat for my son to eat lunch on, lol. So it's definitely getting repainted, we are gonna do it in chalk board paint so he can write on it!! I think he will like it when it's done!

Quote Originally Posted by jteske88 View Post
    whats the power rating on it? how much you got going to it? i alwys ran velodyne but been thinking of a sa-8 build, i have a 1000 watt plate amp thats bothering me lol
    This thing only gets 150 watts, but it sounds much bigger! I have always loved Parts Express, and 1,000 watts should be a pretty powerful sound producer, that's for sure! I have never tried the Velodyne personally, but the Sa-8 would be an awesome sub to put into home theater duty.

We don't have food stamps on the east side. Its called a link card. Man, the grocery is packed on the first of da month. I shit you not, a homie got stabbed over a can of soup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph7195 View Post
    Not offense taken, thanks for your kind words!! It's actually doing double duty as a home theater sub, and a seat for my son to eat lunch on, lol. So it's definitely getting repainted, we are gonna do it in chalk board paint so he can write on it!! I think he will like it when it's done!

This thing only gets 150 watts, but it sounds much bigger! I have always loved Parts Express, and 1,000 watts should be a pretty powerful sound producer, that's for sure! I have never tried the Velodyne personally, but the Sa-8 would be an awesome sub to put into home theater duty.
    When I pulled my PB 3Xl 15's a couple of months ago, i set the box in a corner and wired them to a Mackie 1400i that fed them 700w ea...I live in a mobile home and literally had the windows in the living room flexing...lol..they were louder than the Yamaha 218 cab I use now.

4 15's, 2 2" compression drivers, 2 18's and 4,000 watts rms...the kids love to play Rocksmith on the xbox..lol

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good man hope that grill worked out good for ya...

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just talking to someone about doing an enclosure in that paint. lol

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    When I pulled my PB 3Xl 15's a couple of months ago, i set the box in a corner and wired them to a Mackie 1400i that fed them 700w ea...I live in a mobile home and literally had the windows in the living room flexing...lol..they were louder than the Yamaha 218 cab I use now.

4 15's, 2 2" compression drivers, 2 18's and 4,000 watts rms...the kids love to play Rocksmith on the xbox..lol

Well holy moly!!! that's a beast setup you got there!! I bet it's intense!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    Looks good man hope that grill worked out good for ya...
    Without that grill I would not have been able to finish, so indeed, I could have not done it without you!!

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    I hope to get some soon, but I can't make a final decision on brand. I keep reading about brands, and each have there pro's and con's. My major setback I am having is whether or not allowing him to draw on the enclosure will make him think it's okay to draw on everything else. I think I am gonna do it anyway and just buy stock in the company that makes Magic Erasers, lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well holy moly!!! that's a beast setup you got there!! I bet it's intense!!
    I had set up a couple of 12" 2way monitors and a small amp for a few friends and I to jam with our guitars in the living room...and it sounded good. It just went from there and really, everyone who hears it is very impressed considering it is all live PA equipment...very clear and mucho impact at any volume. You can get a small mixer and good, quality amps on CL for relatively cheap.

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    Hm a sub enclosure with challkboard paint would be interesting...
    Btw, text me! Lost ya number..again...lol

OP, box looks good. Glad you are satisfied with the little sub.. some ppeople think they need multiple 18s etc.. lol

Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

jteske88 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have to see what happens, when i get some play money or find a cheap sa-8 imma do it for sure.

Closed Thread