Closed Thread

Reload Thread: GoPro Hero2 HD 1080p POV Camera - Finally got it!

Trancer is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Icon14 GoPro Hero2 HD 1080p POV Camera - Finally got it!

So I finally purchased the GoPro Hero2 HD 1080p POV camera. I have been wanting this for a year or two and now they came out with a newer model. I just got this camera on Thursday so I am still trying to figure out all of the neat features and gadgets. They sell three different editions; Surfing Edition, Outdoors Edition and the Motorsports Edition. I purchased the Motorsports Edition.

If you have a fast enough computer, click on the 1080p setting.

They sell for $299 shipped everywhere, but I found two websites that offer something extra. One offered a 16 gig card plus a free mounting accessory. The other website, which is where I bought mine from, offered a 32 gig card. The first place said they were out of stock, the second site said they had them in stock, but they didn’t, so I had to wait a week and 2 days to get it. I had to ***** about it. They told me that they would receive their shipment in on Tuesday and would send it the same day, but if I wanted it by Wednesday, I could upgrade to overnight shipping for $15. I was outraged. Are you kidding me? It said it was “IN STOCK.” Totally mislead me.

Here is my very first video. I have the suction cup mount on my gas tank. The shaky video and the camera bumping up at the end of the tunnel isn’t the camera or the mount’s fault. It was my fault. I didn’t tighten the two screw knobs all the way.

First Run with my Yamaha V-Star 1300 in the Addison Tunnel

So one unfortunate thing is that the card they sent me is a Class 4 card. To use the full features and transfer speed to its full potential, its best to get a Class 10 card. So I will have to deal with it for now. Since I don’t have a Class 10 card, I cannot utilize one of their new features which is taking a 11mp camera shot every .5 seconds. Now of course you are probably wondering, why would you use that? Well my main passion is storm chasing and I like to catch lightning.

Anyway, so to the camera. It records up to 1080p at 30fps. It also can be scaled down if you read below.

GoPro cameras are used by more motorsports professionals, race teams and core enthusiasts than any other camera in the world. The HD HERO2: Motorsports Edition is the most advanced GoPro camera yet. Wearable and gear mountable, waterproof to 197′ (60m), capable of capturing professional full 170º wide angle 1080p video and 11 megapixel photos at a rate of 10 photos per second, the HD HERO2 is the world’s most versatile camera. Whether your goal is to capture footage of a spirited rip through backcountry roads or you want to capture and study lapping footage to learn how to set a new track record, the HD HERO2: Motorsports Edition is going to be one of your favorite motorsports purchases of all time.
    Included are mounting accessories you’re most likely to use during motorsports activities. Other accessories are available via links on the right hand side of this page.
    The HD HERO2: Motorsports Edition is compatible with all GoPro expansion accessories and BacPacs™, including the Wi-Fi BacPac and Wi-Fi Remote (coming soon).
    What’s Included:
    • 1 11MP HD HERO2 Camera
    • 1 Waterproof Housing (197′ / 60m)
    • 1 HD Skeleton Backdoor
    • 1 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
    • 1 USB Cable
    • 1 Suction Cup Mount
    • 1 J-Hook Buckle
    • 2 Curved Surface Adhesive Mounts
    • 3 Flat Surface Adhesive Mounts
    • 1 Three-Way Pivot Arm
    I also purchased the LCD Backpac. Unfortunately, the camera itself does not come with an LCD or a viewfinder. It’s a POV action camera. So I bought the LCD for $79. Now I know what my camera is seeing and I can now use it as a digital camera, which is one reason why I got it. I needed a new digital camera.

I also purchased a Tri-Pod Mount and a RollBar mount.

Ok, so here is the down side. There is no flash. I’m thinking they will come out with one sometime, but I have read on a GoPro message board that there are ways to mount a light to the camera.

They have TONS of extra add ons. One thing they will be coming out with in February is a WiFi Backpac¸which allows you to stream in live video from the camera to either a laptop and even a smartphone including my Android. The software to install on the Android comes with the WiFi Backpack. If I stream to my laptop, it will record in real time. I have a 1TB Cloud external hard drive and I think I am planning on using the camera as a security camera.

• Professional 11MP Sensor
    • 2x Faster Image Processor
    • 2X Sharper Glass Lens
    • Professional Low Light Performance
    • Full 170º, Medium 127º, Narrow 90º FOV in 1080p
    • 120 fps WVGA, 60 fps 720p, 48 fps 960p, 30 fps 1080p Video
    • Full 170º and Medium 127º FOV Photos
    • 10 11MP Photos Per Second Burst
    • 1 11MP Photo Every 0.5 Sec Timelapse Mode
    • 3.5mm External Stereo Microphone Input
    • Simple Language-based User Interface
    • Wi-Fi BacPac™ and Wi-Fi Remote™ Compatible (coming soon)
    • Long Range Remote Control of up to 50 GoPro Cameras
    • Wi-Fi Video/Photo Preview + Playback + Control via GoPro App
    • Live Streaming Video and Photos to the Web

Camera Optics
    • 2X Sharper Professional Glass Lens
    • f/2.8 Fixed Focus
    • 170º Wide FOV (Including 1080p)
    • 127º Medium FOV (In 1080p)
    • 90º Narrow FOV
    Video
    • HD RESOLUTIONS:
    • 1080p: 1920×1080, 30FPS
    • 960p: 1280×960, 48FPS + 30FPS
    • 720p: 1280×720, 60FPS + 30FPS
    • STANDARD DEFINITION RESOLUTIONS
    • WVGA: 848×480, 120FPS + 60FPS
    • High Performance,1 /2.3” CMOS Image Sensor
    • Light Sensitivity: .84 V/lux-sec
    • Video Format: H.264 codec, .mp4 File Format
    • Exposure Control: Spot, Center Weighted
    • White Balance: Auto
    Photo
    • RESOLUTIONS: 11MP, 8MP, 5 MP
    • FOV: Wide 170º FOV, Medium 127º FOV
    • CAPTURE MODES: Single, 10 Photo Burst, Time-Lapse*, Self-Timer
    • * Now supports time-lapse photo every 0.5 seconds. Requires Class 10 speed SD Card.
    Audio
    • Mono, 48 kHz, AAC Compression, Auto Gain Control
    • Stereo External Microphone Input (3.5mm)
    Storage
    • MEMORY:
    • SDHC: Up to 32GB (Class 4 or Higher)
    • AVERAGE RECORDING TIME WITH 32GB SD CARD:
    • 1080p30: 4 hours
    • 960p30: 6 hours
    • 720p60: 4 hours
    • 720p30: 6 hours
    • WVGA 120: 4.5 hours
    Included Cables
    • USB Cable For Charging and Data Transfer
    Battery & Charging
    • 1100mah Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
    • Charge via USB
    Operating System
    • Microsoft Windows® Vista, 7 and Later
    • Mac OS® x 10.5 and Later
    Compatible with all GoPro BacPacs
    • Wi-Fi BacPac™ and Wi-Fi Remote™ (Coming Soon)
    • LCD BacPac™
    • Battery BacPac™
    • 3D HERO® System*

07 black Yamaha V-Star FI 1300. 08 GMC Sierra QC SLE2 Texas Edition
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

twistedchild420 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Re: GoPro Hero2 HD 1080p POV Camera - Finally got it!

Trancer is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: GoPro Hero2 HD 1080p POV Camera - Finally got it!

Thanks

07 black Yamaha V-Star FI 1300. 08 GMC Sierra QC SLE2 Texas Edition
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

Closed Thread