Closed Thread

Reload Thread: need help creating sound bar

JuniorSPL is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

need help creating sound bar

ok i am trying to take my old boombox stero speakers aswell as a computer subwoofer that i have lost the power supply to. i plan on taking all the speakers out of the boombox setup and creating a sound bar to mount above my headboard so i can create somewhat of a surround sound and then have the subwoofer off to the side. what im wondering is how do i get power to the speakers and how do i connect them to the tv. the subwoofer ran off a power supply so i figure i can do the same for the old speakers.
    thanks for the help

kpozr2 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: need help creating sound bar

fail.

REFS: Worlddre(bought kx200.2) mattyg2310 (made box) xluben(made box) ssj2xxgotenxx, Trell, j1b1e1,speedyg76, robertspangler (trade),Integra2468 (trade), lilmaniac2 (trade), perry22131 (trade), FurbiesAndBeans (trade)

MANTI5 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: need help creating sound bar

Dude, you can't just slap any old speakers in something and call it a day. There is MUCH more science to home theater speakers than you obviously are aware of, little things like properly designed crossovers to start. Here are a few places to check out where you can do a proper setup for your price range: Speaker Design Works, undefinition, HTGuide Forum - Mission Possible DIY, and DIY Speakers and Subs - AVS Forum

Closed Thread