Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Power supply for car amp/subs to computer.

Eaglesfan251 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Power supply for car amp/subs to computer.

HI, I want to set up my old car amp/subs to my computer. I already know how to do it I just don't know what size power supply I would need. I'll be running a 500.1 watt amp and my subs put out 600 watts peak so 300 rms. Can anyone recommend me a power source?

Kangaroux is offline I put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Re: Power supply for car amp/subs to computer.

I'm running a 250w system with a 400w PSU and it runs fine when its turned up all the way, however, it cuts out in songs that have really low bass (i.e. bass i love you, there's a really low note that causes my amp to go into protect mode)

380w PSU with a combined 12V rail amperage of ~32

Newegg.com - Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D Green 380W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Eaglesfan251 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So I only need a PSU that has enough wattage and amps to power my subs/amps RMS?

Cruzer is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ya but as u can see he is running less wattage than u and that psu he uses doesnt quite hold up perfect, just make sure u get a solid one. perhaps one thats not all about going green haha

Head Unit: Pioneer 800PRS | Tweets: Vifa BC25SC06-04 1" Textile Dome | Mids: Dayton RS180 | Speaker Amp: Infinity Kappa Four | Sub: Dayton HO 15" | Sub Amp: AQ1200D
    refs:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/485413-cruzer-feedback.html
    Legal disclaimer... this is my own personal opinion that I have made from my own personal experience and based on my own personal tastes. At no time have I implied that anyone is wrong in their own opinions and you need to make a decision based on your own opinions.

buildmeabox is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Worry more about the amperage because that's what you need and expect to spend over $250 for a decent one.

[IMG][/IMG]Your true character is revealed by the clarity of your convictions, the choices you make, and the promises you keep. Hold strongly to your principles and refuse to follow the currents of convenience. What you say and do defines who you are, and who you are...you are for ever.

Closed Thread