Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: Better power/upgrade options....

budahbuddy803 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Better power/upgrade options....

Quote Originally Posted by UMWDawg92 View Post
    well you could improve your sub by getting a seperate plate amp for it. I've also been looking into some DIY home projects partsexpress has some really good ones, something like these would be sweet Parts Express DIY Project
    yeah that is kind of what i am looking into. I really dont want any more bass. That one 15" running on one coil with minimum power is plenty. The sub "gain" on my amp is at like -5 in a -10 to 10 scale. Turning it up to 5 is almost overbearing.

buildmeabox is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The first thing you need to do is tune your ears... Go to a Hifi store and check out what they have, from the high end to the budget end. Listen to your music not theirs, take your movies, your taste. Listen to everything they have, prepare for a long day and don't let those bishes man handle you, you want to set a reference point of what you want. We all have our own preferences so don't follow the direction of someone else's taste.

Once you get your reference point of sound then work on achieving that goal inexpensively as possible. Buy used, start local, flea market, craigslist is a good starting point, old is good because its not made in China. You have gotten some good advice here because we are not old grumpy men gloating about $20,000 dollar speakers or exotic tube amplification. Well, I am old but I love sound and enjoy sharing my 20 plus years experience. Never take advice from people that hate on Bose, as crappy as their drivers are they work good in the Bose design box.

[IMG][/IMG]Your true character is revealed by the clarity of your convictions, the choices you make, and the promises you keep. Hold strongly to your principles and refuse to follow the currents of convenience. What you say and do defines who you are, and who you are...you are for ever.

Suicide Bobb is offline SPLC Fails

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buildmeabox View Post
    The first thing you need to do is tune your ears... Go to a Hifi store and check out what they have, from the high end to the budget end. Listen to your music not theirs, take your movies, your taste. Listen to everything they have, prepare for a long day and don't let those bishes man handle you, you want to set a reference point of what you want. We all have our own preferences so don't follow the direction of someone else's taste.

Once you get your reference point of sound then work on achieving that goal inexpensively as possible. Buy used, start local, flea market, craigslist is a good starting point, old is good because its not made in China. You have gotten some good advice here because we are not old grumpy men gloating about $20,000 dollar speakers or exotic tube amplification. Well, I am old but I love sound and enjoy sharing my 20 plus years experience. Never take advice from people that hate on Bose, as crappy as their drivers are they work good in the Bose design box.
    I've owned two of the 3 best speakers Bose has ever made. Both of them paled in comparison to just about every speaker I have owned. My Technics SB-6000's have better imaging, separation, tone, and overall clarity than the Bose 601's (Series i). They were also cheaper when new. Better looking imo as well. Bose is TERRIBLE for the money. Their best speakers are subpar. Their newer speakers are a joke. TERRIBLE drivers, cheap enclosures. The little money they spend is on their "direct reflecting" technology, which is alright, but like I said, I have at least 3 pairs of speakers which image better than those 601's did.

Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    when i see small subs i just think of a girl, 12s = teenagers, 15s = man, 18 = King Kong Mandingo Warrior

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2