Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 104

Reload Thread: Led Tvs! Crap!

  1. #61
    hornedfrog1985's Avatar
    hornedfrog1985 is offline <---Down Syndrome Tiger.



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Tvs! Crap!

    You can't compare the refresh rates because they aren't measured the same. I know the plasma is faster, but 600hz on an plasma, is not the same as 600hz on a lcd.



    Quote Originally Posted by danyopjr View Post
    Kickers are not meant to last that long so therefore seems like this sub is either abused with running too much watts to em or have been used for awhile. Kickers are ok for the price but wont last long when running them for awhile or running too much Watts to em
    Refs thread. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...read?p=6573666




  2. #62
    hornedfrog1985's Avatar
    hornedfrog1985 is offline <---Down Syndrome Tiger.



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol



    Quote Originally Posted by danyopjr View Post
    Kickers are not meant to last that long so therefore seems like this sub is either abused with running too much watts to em or have been used for awhile. Kickers are ok for the price but wont last long when running them for awhile or running too much Watts to em
    Refs thread. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...read?p=6573666

  3. #63
    cotjones's Avatar
    cotjones is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Tvs! Crap!

    Quote Originally Posted by hornedfrog1985 View Post
    You can't compare the refresh rates because they aren't measured the same. I know the plasma is faster, but 600hz on an plasma, is not the same as 600hz on a lcd.
    BAHAHAHA this reminds me of one of the first posts I ever made about how "JL watts are more normal watts"

    Refresh rate is refresh rate. Sorry, but thats the bottom line. I suppose that you also believe the PS3 can be turned into a spaceship guidance system!!




  4. #64
    cotjones's Avatar
    cotjones is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Tvs! Crap!

    I find it funny how people who have no idea what they are talking about worship this money making scheme when its obvious that the technology is at best marginally beneficial. I know quite a bit about this, it's kinda my job. And I've written 3D software and had to know a little bit more than a little bit about refresh rates and frame rates. Trust me, It's like paying double to fly in a dirigible instead of an airplane. Just because it's novel and new, doesn't mean it's a good idea.




  5. #65
    hornedfrog1985's Avatar
    hornedfrog1985 is offline <---Down Syndrome Tiger.



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Tvs! Crap!

    I hope to god you are just a troll, and you're really not this stupid.



    Quote Originally Posted by danyopjr View Post
    Kickers are not meant to last that long so therefore seems like this sub is either abused with running too much watts to em or have been used for awhile. Kickers are ok for the price but wont last long when running them for awhile or running too much Watts to em
    Refs thread. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...read?p=6573666

  6. #66
    cotjones's Avatar
    cotjones is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Tvs! Crap!

    Quote Originally Posted by hornedfrog1985 View Post
    I hope to god you are just a troll, and you're really not this stupid.
    Care to give your miraculous knowledge on how 600hz on a plasma is not the same as 600 hz on an LCD?

    let me save you the trouble, it isn't If your referring to the subfield motion filters only downscaling a 60, 120, 240, or any Hz signal you are wrong. Plasma TV's do indeed have the capability to refresh at a 600hz rate. And i use that ability often. Granted in most applications, like I said it is only a 60 hz refresh rate broken into 8, 10, or 12 sub-fields. Additionally, with plasma TV's A 6Ohz refresh rate is sufficient compared to a 240 hz LCD because the human eye cannot discern the difference between the motion of a 60hz refresh rate and 240 refresh rate except when the lower refresh rate produces artifacts (like LCD's do) Plasmas don't have this problem due to the different method in which the pixels are fired.




  7. #67
    hornedfrog1985's Avatar
    hornedfrog1985 is offline <---Down Syndrome Tiger.



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Tvs! Crap!

    lol god you're gay.



    Quote Originally Posted by danyopjr View Post
    Kickers are not meant to last that long so therefore seems like this sub is either abused with running too much watts to em or have been used for awhile. Kickers are ok for the price but wont last long when running them for awhile or running too much Watts to em
    Refs thread. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...read?p=6573666

  8. #68
    cotjones's Avatar
    cotjones is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Tvs! Crap!

    Quote Originally Posted by hornedfrog1985 View Post
    lol god you're gay.
    My sexuality isn't the issue, but I don't expect you to discuss the actual issue. Why would you, when most people are dumb enough to except that your insults are a substitute for substantial information and knowledge in arguing validity?




  9. #69
    Scoobydoo's Avatar
    Scoobydoo is offline POOPSIE McSQUIRTYSHORTS



    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DINGLEBERRY
    Posts
    9,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Tvs! Crap!





  10. #70
    DBfan187's Avatar
    DBfan187 is offline Supa's mom was here!



    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Poolside with Supa's mom.
    Posts
    46,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Led Tvs! Crap!

    I'm gay for that.




  11. #71
    hornedfrog1985's Avatar
    hornedfrog1985 is offline <---Down Syndrome Tiger.



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Tvs! Crap!

    lol, don't think I'm supposed to see that at work.



    Quote Originally Posted by danyopjr View Post
    Kickers are not meant to last that long so therefore seems like this sub is either abused with running too much watts to em or have been used for awhile. Kickers are ok for the price but wont last long when running them for awhile or running too much Watts to em
    Refs thread. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...read?p=6573666

  12. #72
    DBfan187's Avatar
    DBfan187 is offline Supa's mom was here!



    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Poolside with Supa's mom.
    Posts
    46,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Led Tvs! Crap!

    I'm not either but I do it anyway.




  13. #73
    Scoobydoo's Avatar
    Scoobydoo is offline POOPSIE McSQUIRTYSHORTS



    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DINGLEBERRY
    Posts
    9,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Tvs! Crap!

    this thread *****, i was browsing and even saw something about "plasma burn in" wtf, someone throw that guy a clue

    i will only say this, may have already been said, but i dont care...

    the 20-30%+ power savings an lcd has over a plasma will certainly pay for the extra up front cost over the life of the tv

    its kinda like a payment plan, pay $xxx less now, but repay the difference of $xx every month for the next few years until you are even, then after that just start paying interest on an old tv

    until plasma can figure out a way to reduce power usage lcd is still a better option long term




  14. #74
    DBfan187's Avatar
    DBfan187 is offline Supa's mom was here!



    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Poolside with Supa's mom.
    Posts
    46,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Led Tvs! Crap!





  15. #75
    Scoobydoo's Avatar
    Scoobydoo is offline POOPSIE McSQUIRTYSHORTS



    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DINGLEBERRY
    Posts
    9,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Tvs! Crap!

    you buy two cars for the same price, lets say a honda(lcd) and a bmw(plasma)

    the honda cost $25k and the BMW cost $20k, but the BMW blue booked the same price, yay you got a great deal on the BMW and saved money, good for you

    now drive them around for a few years.

    after paying maintenence, repairs, gas and taking the hit on depreciation the BMW will end up costing you more in the long run

    thats my cool story, **** i'm bored, time to go drink




Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum