Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

TabaQ

so i FINALLY started putting these things together. took me about a year to get off my *** to do it , but theyre coming along...

http://coolcat.dk/bjoern/TABAQ_TL_for_TB.pdf

i do not have a chamfer bit , so i used a 3/8 roundover instead. and yes , my cutouts look like **** , but my jigsaw skills have some a long way.

also , the drivers he used are only available in europe , iirc. im using the US equivalent - http://www.parts-express.com/pe/psho...number=264-809

just got to add the polyfill and pick up some the components for the filter.... dumb question , but does radio shack sell resistors , capacitors , etc..?

it is ****ing HOT outside. http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USFL0316_f.html
    Temp:
    Feels Like:
    Humidity:
    63%

- Ref.s -
    ssbogger , derek9087 , mike dressure , xluben , brocken , QtrHorse , marley1 , byoon001 , IonSQL , Duke , TheBaron929 , SiX , Andar , blackbonnie , SPLV , dbaudio , dillinja666 , 97cavy , dropkick13 , TeamPSI , foreman , integra88 , bangincaraudio , spinelli , gkatmar , MustangGT25YRS , stockgp , FASTIMES , ultimate157 , Reson8 , vitveet , req

sqhertz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: TabaQ

looking over them , i think i may have put the speaker cutout too high up.

- Ref.s -
    ssbogger , derek9087 , mike dressure , xluben , brocken , QtrHorse , marley1 , byoon001 , IonSQL , Duke , TheBaron929 , SiX , Andar , blackbonnie , SPLV , dbaudio , dillinja666 , 97cavy , dropkick13 , TeamPSI , foreman , integra88 , bangincaraudio , spinelli , gkatmar , MustangGT25YRS , stockgp , FASTIMES , ultimate157 , Reson8 , vitveet , req

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

and the left channel on my t-amp went out.

- Ref.s -

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sqhertz View Post
    looking over them , i think i may have put the speaker cutout too high up.

it is about 4-5 inches too high. ****ing metric units had to screw me up.

anyone know if this will **** anything up? or should i just go ahead and make another cutout and cover the first one?

- Ref.s -

bball09124 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

That *****.

I would just build them again personally. MDF is cheap, you might as well build them right.

bought from: cbrrocketrdr, bk12321, galacticmonkey, jnoel, aaronmiiller, revrider1, QtrHorse, brchd, Calikid, IA2, miker, dontknowanythin, Towncar, woofercooker, speedyg76, cd6551
    traded with: lorilee8284, Boominator
    sold to:ravens9322, Blinkdogo2, dbubble, Fusion_FREAK, oneill584, jrgreene1968

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bball09124 View Post
    That *****.

I would just build them again personally. MDF is cheap, you might as well build them right.

yes it does.

the wood i used was left overs from past projects , so it was already paid for. im moving in a couple weeks so i wont really have the time or money to build new ones anytime soon.

what if i were to just cover the one cutout and make another below it?

- Ref.s -

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

just got to add the polyfill and pick up some the components for the filter.... dumb question , but does radio shack sell resistors , capacitors , etc..?
    They used to, before they stopped being a store for electronics experimenters and started pushing cell phones and talking picture frames.

Go to Mouser, Digi-Key or PE.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimJ View Post
    They used to, before they stopped being a store for electronics experimenters and started pushing cell phones and talking picture frames.

Go to Mouser, Digi-Key or PE.

ah , thats terrible. i didnt really want to pay shipping for just a few caps and resistors.

you have any input on my screw up with the mounting hole?

- Ref.s -

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Try it anyway.

TLs are amazingly resistant to builder ****-ups You'd be surprised at the problems that can be solved with polyfill and time spent playing with stuffing densities. My BIBs are two completely different speakers unstuffed vs. stuffed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

ah , thats terrible. i didnt really want to pay shipping for just a few caps and resistors.
    Even when they did have a decent parts selection, their prices were so uncompetitive that you wouldn't have saved any money by shopping there.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimJ View Post
    Try it anyway.

TLs are amazingly resistant to builder ****-ups You'd be surprised at the problems that can be solved with polyfill and time spent playing with stuffing densities. My BIBs are two completely different speakers unstuffed vs. stuffed.
    i wasnt too sure if the TL's were the more forgiving of box designs or not , ill give it a shot anyway. i would imagine it cant sound that bad.... and i do have ~3lbs of polyfill.
    as far as playing around with it , unless i put t-nuts on the last side , i wont be able to do much once its assembled.

thanks jim.

- Ref.s -

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

got them together.

i got one running off the working channel of my t-amp. sounds great , but my positioning is terrible. ill just ride them out for right now and then when the time comes , ill build them properly.

- Ref.s -

Closed Thread

User Tag List