Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Is Behringer complete crap?

Twisted_0912 is offline .........................

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is Behringer complete crap?

i need an amp that will power my se in my room. around 600 per channel at 4 ohm or 1200 at 2 ohm bridged. i was looking at the behringer europower ep2500. is this amp any good? http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com...Amp?sku=480697

if anyone has any suggestions as to a better amp for around 300 let me know. also if there is anywhere to find good deals on used amps like this let me know as well.

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:
    Spy(Bought from),Goodie(traded With),Benner410 (enclosure),Timbo12(enclosure),TheMan007(Enclosure ),Upzaw2000(x3)(bought from),Bobby32(Enclosure),Tacovic(Enclosure),KoolWh ipMan(Traded With),lilmaniac2 (bought from),MarkyMark(Enclosure), HypnoticCure(Traded with),AngryOscar(Enclosure), MisterGrubbs(Traded With),LoggedOut(Enclosure x4/Traded With), Andrios(enclosure), bigbangtheory(Enclosure),Retoaudioinc(traded with), blaze383(sold to), Snow90(Enclosure), Serpent710(traded with), MysticStyl3z(sold to),cwill5(Bought from), Kingkongjr(Enclosure/Traded with), BrandonB (traded With), Moo_Awn(Bought From), Slam330(enclosure),18inchjeepin(sold to)

jdawg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Re: Is Behringer complete crap?

your bedroom? Why do you need so much power? Some people have had problems with Behringer but alot of people use their amps. If you buy I would get it from partsexpress though, better cust support if something goes wrong. Well i cant say better, no exp with musiciansfriend but PE fricken rocks.

refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jdawg View Post
    your bedroom? Why do you need so much power? Some people have had problems with Behringer but alot of people use their amps. If you buy I would get it from partsexpress though, better cust support if something goes wrong. Well i cant say better, no exp with musiciansfriend but PE fricken rocks.
    i have 2 se in there

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:
    Spy(Bought from),Goodie(traded With),Benner410 (enclosure),Timbo12(enclosure),TheMan007(Enclosure ),Upzaw2000(x3)(bought from),Bobby32(Enclosure),Tacovic(Enclosure),KoolWh ipMan(Traded With),lilmaniac2 (bought from),MarkyMark(Enclosure), HypnoticCure(Traded with),AngryOscar(Enclosure), MisterGrubbs(Traded With),LoggedOut(Enclosure x4/Traded With), Andrios(enclosure), bigbangtheory(Enclosure),Retoaudioinc(traded with), blaze383(sold to), Snow90(Enclosure), Serpent710(traded with), MysticStyl3z(sold to),cwill5(Bought from), Kingkongjr(Enclosure/Traded with), BrandonB (traded With), Moo_Awn(Bought From), Slam330(enclosure),18inchjeepin(sold to)

Scoobydoo is offline POOPSIE McSQUIRTYSHORTS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ur gonna **** off mommy and daddy with that much bass

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobydoo View Post
    ur gonna **** off mommy and daddy with that much bass
    its gonna **** of the neighbors as well

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

that is gonna be loud as **** in a bedroom, really 500w and a 15 is more than plenty to vibrate dust off your ceiling, a room/house is a whole different world than a car, but power is nice headroom for watching movies and you get some 20hz dinosaur footsteps. Jusr prepare for people to *****

refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that is gonna be loud as **** in a bedroom, really 500w and a 15 is more than plenty to vibrate dust off your ceiling, a room/house is a whole different world than a car, but power is nice headroom for watching movies and you get some 20hz dinosaur footsteps. Jusr prepare for people to *****
    thats what im going for

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted_0912 View Post
    thats what im going for
    then get an ep2500, pu ssy

edit oh you are lol, i thought you were gonna do the 1500

refs

IDSkoT is offline Resonating Reticular

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i have 2 se in there
    It's called overkill.

And you've got it.

Now designing / building boxes.
    (Only building sealed and aero port boxes.)
    PM me.

Feedback Thread

Refs: MSW Danny, atsaubrey (great seller), ampjunkielikeme, wgsj_fortvalley, tEh koRnDog, bad @SS chevy, Nismos14 (who is the man. )

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IDSkoT View Post
    It's called overkill.

And you've got it.
    is it really that overkill?

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

i would use one channel on subs tuned to like 20hz for movies then the other channel subs tuned to 32hz for music

refs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

that is the best amp you will get for the money. they do really good power too. anymore power and ull have to upgrade your wiring or so ive been told

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

is it really that overkill?
    like i said a room is different, if you were doing HT with IB subs thats another story, in a bedroom you wont need half that power and honestly probably will never get the chance to use it. But if you have the cash then buy it, atleast you will have it for the future

refs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tc3k101 View Post
    that is the best amp you will get for the money. they do really good power too. anymore power and ull have to upgrade your wiring or so ive been told
    I have seen them tested and if you need an extension cord you need a heavy duty one from a hardware store or you have some voltage/wattage loss. They run best on 220. Come to think of it what size is the breaker to your room. Using it to full potental you might kick a breaker

refs

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have seen them tested and if you need an extension cord you need a heavy duty one from a hardware store or you have some voltage/wattage loss. They run best on 220. Come to think of it what size is the breaker to your room. Using it to full potental you might kick a breaker
    pretty sure its a 20 amp but im not sure

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Tag List