Closed Thread

Reload Thread: New Polk system

lilgator is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New Polk system

Hey whats up fella's
    I never posted here just on the car audio forums, but i recently put a home theater system together

I got polk towers in the front
    polk center channel
    and 4 (m30) surrounds

off of an Onkyo 75 X 7

Klipsh 12" 350w rms sub

Hitachi 42" plasma HDTV

Man its NIIIICCCEE to come home and enjoy movies and music.
    I've been into car audio, but I enjoy my home audio a little more because i can unwind and enjoy myself.

in the automobile.... I'm beating and whipping.... being loud... being seen.... actin' bad

The home theater system is just for myself and for me to enjoy music, movies, and tv more.

The Klipsh subwoofer rocks the house. I wanted to build me own with a RE SX 15" but the ol' lady was against it. Said it would be overkill
    Last edited by lilgator; 07-19-2007 at 01:30 PM.

3 RE SX 15" 12ft^3@ 34hz
    Pioneer DEH 6900usb
    Autozone 1000cca batt
    Kinetik 2400 monster batt
    DB 200a Alt / big 3
    2 Sundown SAZ 1500's (subs)
    Fosgate P450.4(mids/High)
    6.5 Kappa components (front and back)
    Stinger Wiring throughout

NYR36 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: New Polk system

Which Polk mains? I got RTi 8's and I don't like them. Thank god I didn't spend a lot on them.

"A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."

"If by the instrument of governmental power, a people is led towards its destruction, then rebellion is not only the right of such people, it is its duty."

"I just find it incomprehensible that after 10,000 years, pride could all but vanish in only two generations"

'Democracy: Where the votes of two imbeciles are worth more than that of one wise man'

refs: MJ-tC, xplicitACTS, PremierAudio

lilgator is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: New Polk system

I dont know what the model number is but they are about 3' tall, and I bought them at cc as a damaged open box special.

I was going to get a onkyo home theater in a box, but I got a lot of deals on open box polk stuff and got the (4)M30 surrounds, and a nice polk center channel.

overall sound is good to me, but i must admit that I'm no audiophile. I sampled several different speakers and the polk sounded really nice to me. the Klipsch sounded a little better, but i practicly stole some of the polk stuff i got so it was a no brainer for me.

This system is for my bedroom, in my living room we are looking at doing another 7.1, but I'm using a RE SX 15 and a plate amp, and building my own cabinets and keep researching til I find some good speakers / horns / tweets / crossovers.

ignorance is bliss and we enjoy our 7.1 surround and 42" Hitachi plasma system like a audiophile might enjoy a $15,000 or more setup

3 RE SX 15" 12ft^3@ 34hz
    Pioneer DEH 6900usb
    Autozone 1000cca batt
    Kinetik 2400 monster batt
    DB 200a Alt / big 3
    2 Sundown SAZ 1500's (subs)
    Fosgate P450.4(mids/High)
    6.5 Kappa components (front and back)
    Stinger Wiring throughout

Closed Thread