Closed Thread

Reload Thread: sound cards

adio is offline THE STEREOTYPE FIGHTER!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sound cards

hey kids,
    i'm lookin for a new soundcard that would make my music at least twice as loud as it is now. i have an acer travelmate 4000lci and it's connected to my stereo via an rca cable. i use winamp for my music, but 95% of it sounds distorted. when we plug the rca cable into my gf's samsung mp3 player, the music sounds waaaaaaaaay better and never gets distorted, no matter how loud u blast the player or the stereo.

my thinking is if i had a higher Mw (milliwatt) rating coming from my soundcard, the music could be turned up wihout getting distorted. like how cowan audio players talk about having 15, 30, 60Mw coming from their headphone jacks.

any recommendations on soundcards instead of buying either a cheap headphone amplifier or 1 that cost 6 trilloin bucks?

refs= springy101 <-- ultimate buyer, jmanpc(sold stereo), pwnt by pat <---the ultimate installer, PV audio and ionsql(box designs), toxic tuan (crystal comps), hazardous0388 (8" TB's), backthepack(jbl1200.1), bamavoo (sold profile ap1000M), rashadd (box plans in time of need), bassaddictj (jl xr mids), louisiana_crx(traded amps for DD comps), revrider1 (traded tc sub for RE sub and amp), jcldallas24 (bought jbl 1200.1), boomsday (2.3 cu ft tuned to 32hz), UMWDawg92 (sold kenwood stereo)
    fuq with adio, get your money/product that completely works........GUARANTEED!!!!!!!

joetama is offline The British Ear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: sound cards

Buy an amp...

Or an old Receiver with a headphone jack...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by B&W_EE View Post
    Buy an amp...

Or an old Receiver with a headphone jack...

refs= springy101 <-- ultimate buyer, jmanpc(sold stereo), pwnt by pat <---the ultimate installer, PV audio and ionsql(box designs), toxic tuan (crystal comps), hazardous0388 (8" TB's), backthepack(jbl1200.1), bamavoo (sold profile ap1000M), rashadd (box plans in time of need), bassaddictj (jl xr mids), louisiana_crx(traded amps for DD comps), revrider1 (traded tc sub for RE sub and amp), jcldallas24 (bought jbl 1200.1), boomsday (2.3 cu ft tuned to 32hz), UMWDawg92 (sold kenwood stereo)
    fuq with adio, get your money/product that completely works........GUARANTEED!!!!!!!

joetama is offline The British Ear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok... Here is why...

If you get a really good sound card, one that does what you want to do you are going to be dropping $300 easy.

A decent used receiver can be cheaper than that. Also, it sounds like you are overdriving your sound card. If it is already attached to your stereo turn the computer outputs down and turn the stereo master up. It's called gain structure.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by B&W_EE View Post
    Ok... Here is why...

If you get a really good sound card, one that does what you want to do you are going to be dropping $300 easy.

A decent used receiver can be cheaper than that. Also, it sounds like you are overdriving your sound card. If it is already attached to your stereo turn the computer outputs down and turn the stereo master up. It's called gain structure.

btnhfan is offline Hail to the King Baby!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Best receiver ever?
    I think so

Closed Thread