Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 12" Sub & Amp for 1 cube box.

SeaKid is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

12" Sub & Amp for 1 cube box.

Ok so as the title states, I have about a .9-1 cubic foot box that I am building. I forget the exact number.

I wanted to throw a 12" Fi SSD in there but I am having a hard time finding an amp that will do 800 @ 1 ohm for kind of cheap.

At this point I don't really care what goes in the box, the box is my primary focus. I am trying to hone in my skilllzz.

Anyway, any suggestions on a sub/amp that will sound decent in this box for around $400? I know many hate the term but I am looking for SQL, something that will sound okay and get somewhat loud. I don't have a sophisticated ear like many do in this section so please PLEASE realise that my definition of SQ is not exactly like yours, im not retarded though either...

Thanks for reading my mini book.

-Jake

johnson is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 12" Sub & Amp for 1 cube box.

Is it for HT or music? Why do you need the power to be at 1 ohm? Most home amps are rated at 4 ohms. Try looking at the Behringer EP1500, Carver 900HD (i think), Buttkicker BKA1000-A.

Buyer: Thetalkingshoe, joshs98runner, theCybe, sephiroth619, chornet44, AK SloPok, Looney_Tune, 5.0, iLLest1aLive, scooter2479, SoundBarrier, tapout, jdc753, flatlander4510, etc.

billabongcr is offline mmuudd sslluutt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 12" Sub & Amp for 1 cube box.

buy my jbl gto1201.1ii..and buy an ssd 10 with copper coils. thatll be right around $400

^^i was running the same sub with the jbl..it was beautiful. sq like a mother while ppoouunnddiinngg.

(Sub would have to be a Dual 1, to run at 2ohm stable with the amp)

Cadillac Escalade
    2 Fi SSD10s
    Kicker zx1500.1
    RE RE Mids and Highs

Closed Thread