So here is the deal, I know a decent amount about Car Audio, just not a lot about Home stuff. My dad wants me to help him out in a HT setup. The only thing he decided he wanted is the TV which is going to be a Panasonic 58'' Plasma (seen here, but for cheaper then BB sells it for: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1140394359013 ). Now we want to do a 5.1 setup. I know that requires the main front speakers, a center, rear ones, and a sub. What else is needed other then the speakers and a receiver? (not including wire and all the install stuff, I will figure that out after I decide on the equipment). So basically this is what I need suggestions on:
1. What are some good brands? Is it worth it to match all the speakers from the same brand. I know the sub could be different, but is it worth it keeping all the mids and highs from the same company?
2. What is a good receiver? Brands, models, everything...
3. Im guessing I need a DVD player as well. What are some good suggestions for that too?
4. Subs? How many and what size are good. We dont need CRAZY bass, but definitely something that you can feel when watching movies with a good low end. I was thinking something like a single 12'' powered HT sub with maybe 500 watts or so, but in all honesty I have no idea what is good.
5. Anything else you want to throw out there that can help me learn/understand the home audio side of things.
Now obviously the most important part is price. We dont want to skimp on audio with having such as nice TV, but at the same time we do not need AMAZING SQ and perfect sound stage. Just something that sounds GOOD. Ideally we would like to spend $2000ish for everything other then the TV. Is that a good budget? Is it possible to get what I am asking within that price range?
Sorry for all the questions, but hopefully some of guys can help me out as I am really at a loss here. If you guys can send some links over my way that teaches about home audio that could help out too.
Thanks in advance for the help