Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

5.1 reciever input

Ive got a sony 5.1, 5 disk changer I bought at my work as a display model for around 200$ and I thought well Ill plug my computer into it when Im not using it for DVDs and so I bought a headphone to rca cord to go from my rear output on my computer to the input of my reciever and it is really quiet and causes static on the DVDs whenever the cable is plugged in, and I figure if I keep using it as a home stereo system from my computer Ill probably ruin it, anybody know anything about it and if I can put a filter in the middle of it or something?

Pioneer DEH-P80MP
    MTX 4244 4-channel amp
    infinity components (reference...) *sigh*

KnuKonceptz 1/0 Kolossus Kable
    MTX TA7801 1100wrms 2ohm
    MTX 9500 12" -- getting another soon...

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Re: 5.1 reciever input

Let me get this straight, because I'm having a hard time reading sentences that are paragraphs

You have a Sony 5-disc DVD changer. You have a (I'm assuming) 5.1 channel-capable receiver. You also have a computer. You want to hook all of them up.

You shouldn't be plugging your computer into the same input you're using for DVDs, otherwise you aren't getting 5.1 surround

adio is offline THE STEREOTYPE FIGHTER!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

just them the rca's into the 'cd' input on your receiver

refs= springy101 <-- ultimate buyer, jmanpc(sold stereo), pwnt by pat <---the ultimate installer, PV audio and ionsql(box designs), toxic tuan (crystal comps), hazardous0388 (8" TB's), backthepack(jbl1200.1), bamavoo (sold profile ap1000M), rashadd (box plans in time of need), bassaddictj (jl xr mids), louisiana_crx(traded amps for DD comps), revrider1 (traded tc sub for RE sub and amp), jcldallas24 (bought jbl 1200.1), boomsday (2.3 cu ft tuned to 32hz), UMWDawg92 (sold kenwood stereo)
    fuq with adio, get your money/product that completely works........GUARANTEED!!!!!!!

NoRemoteNoTV is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sorry I was in a hurry when I was typing all of that cuz I had to go.
    anyways the 5.1 reciever is the 5disk changer and 5.1 all in one, looking back on it now I wouldnt have got it cuz its one of those basic setups.

but anyways when I plug the RCAs in the back to the video input it works fine, I can hear it on 5.1 and everything but the picture gets all staticy and Im afraid of damaging the reciever from like power diferences on my computer output

so basically I just wasnt sure what the difference is from a computer headphone (speaker) out than if I was using a TV audio out since it doesnt have any problems with my TV audio being plugged into it, and if there was a filter I could buy to stick in the middle to change the power of the signal or something

I think its just the signal power but Im not really sure cuz I dont have really any experience with home systems

Pioneer DEH-P80MP
    MTX 4244 4-channel amp

MTX TA7801 1100wrms 2ohm

joetama is offline The British Ear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Duhh I must be a real idiot because I'm having a very hard time understanding you....

OHKAY SHOO, you have a HTIB system, which has the DVD changer build in. Correct? When you hook your TV into the aux RCA inputs for AUDIO the audio and video works fine (can I say duh here in a second). BUT when you plug the COMPUTER into the POS, I mean 'receiver', your picture gets fuzzy, which I’m assuming is coming from the DVD (meaning it's the source, meaning you are playing something on it).....

So, here is my question, this should make sense, how are you checking the picture from the DVD player when you are sending audio from you TV to it? Because, to send audio to the DVD receiver/player/POS the TV will need to be on cable or antenna, which means you can’t be looking at the picture the POS, I mean receiver, is sending…..

Anyway, the “power” the outputs of your computer is sending should not hurt your receiver unless you have a SUPER COMPUTER. What could be happening is some noise from your motherboard is leaking down the audio cables and over on the video side of that all in one thing-a-ma-jig…..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

basically any time that the computer is plugged into my pos all in one reciever it causes static on the DVD picture, even if rcas for it arnt sending anything to it

and the TV audio part was just an example that its not the rca jacks on the back of the unit, it just seems that whenever my computer is plugged into it at all, it throws a fit and gets all screwed up

Pioneer DEH-P80MP
    MTX 4244 4-channel amp

MTX TA7801 1100wrms 2ohm

joetama is offline The British Ear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would say it would be noise from your computer, I would say it goes away when you turn off the computer? And if it happens when there is NO audio signal then it has to be coming from noise from the computer.

You would need to get an isolator to run in-between your computer and the receiver to make it stop.....

Sorry to call your setup a POS too, I’m in a very bad mood today…… As I am about everyday.......

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

nah its cool I know my setup is a pos, Im used to pure loud noise in my car and this thing is like bleh but still 5.1

thanks for your help tho Ill look into getting an isolator for it cuz it gets really annoying having to unplug the rcas from the back everytime I want to watch a movie

Pioneer DEH-P80MP
    MTX 4244 4-channel amp

MTX TA7801 1100wrms 2ohm

Closed Thread

User Tag List